Duke is going to be a handful this year-

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Yeah Duke is a pretty good squad. Oddly enough, we just practiced against their O today. Flare passes and zone reads to lull you to sleep, then try for the big play.
Their front 4 are actually decent, but I don't see another Cash out there. Solid team we will have to bring our A game to beat.
UNC is just inconsistent. Surratt is a more mobile guy, who we historically struggle with, but he was pretty erratic throwing deep, so much so, they called a screen with less than a minute left.
We owe UNC big time, and this year they look like they've regressed.

coldbeer

Ramblin' Wreck
Ok, we just have different opinions. We still lost 9 games no matter how much by, we lost them. Good teams don't do that imo. Also I'm not saying duke won't be good. It's just my opinion they won't be that good, but I even said I'll wait to see them play UNC and Miami after that ill draw a better conclusion after that. Also I was talking about Northwestern not being good in my original post because the poster was talking about what they did the year before.
We lost 9 games in 2015 due in part to freak amount of injuries...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Yeah Duke is a pretty good squad. Oddly enough, we just practiced against their O today. Flare passes and zone reads to lull you to sleep, then try for the big play.
Their front 4 are actually decent, but I don't see another Cash out there. Solid team we will have to bring our A game to beat.
UNC is just inconsistent. Surratt is a more mobile guy, who we historically struggle with, but he was pretty erratic throwing deep, so much so, they called a screen with less than a minute left.
In my opinion Duke will be 8-4 and wind up playing 7-5 Tennessee in the Belk Bowl.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
for real. I hope we tee off on them and win big. Hopefully our O can put together a more polished product

GTBatGirl96

Jolly Good Fellow
I think there's something wrong with my screen. Dook unis look like prison garb.

And Miami just punted -1 yard? Their special teams may be worse than ours.

Jmonty71

Banned
Like I said. Duke just runs basic plays. But, they execute them pretty well.. Well, usually they do. Those slants are not working very well. Canes are out positioning them. Hope CTR is seeing this.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
(1) Miami QB was deadly when he had time. Then Duke began rushing six and getting pressure and the QB cannot deal with it. Hope CTR is taking note of that.

Walton is best athlete on the field and could really hurt us.

Duke doesn't impress me that much on offense. Having said that, our game with them will come down to which team makes more mistakes.

Miami looks better athletically than us. It will take good scheming on O and D to beat them. We MUST be aggressive on D even though I think it will be inevitable they will burn us a couple or three times.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Like I said. Duke just runs basic plays. But, they execute them pretty well.. Well, usually they do. Those slants are not working very well. Canes are out positioning them. Hope CTR is seeing this.
I haven't watched them this year until tonight, but you are right. They don't do anything special on offense. If the D plays the way they did against Pitt we should have our way with them. On D they are strong against the run but did seem to get worn out. The secondary looked like their weak spot. I really am not worried about Duke if we minimize the mistakes and the D stays playing well.

Miami on the other hand looks pretty good. On offense they have some really good weapons. On D they are fast and play downhill really hard. I could see them having a lot of big plays for loss against us, but also it will turn into a lot of big plays for us. With the way they play D and the way our blocking has been we could have a good day against them. I believe it will be a recipe for success for us. I think our A backs could have a big day against their LB's on play action. This could be a really close game, hopefully with them having FSU before us and with us having a bye week, that will give us a good advantage.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Miami has some speed on D. I wasn't terribly impressed with Duke. Contrary to Mack Brown (who needs to retire), I thought they should have kicked the field goal on the first drive, get something out of that possession.
Cutcliffe has been at Duke 10 years now. He's had three winning seasons. He's under .500 there. Can the talking heads stop with the Cut love?

65Jacket

GT Athlete
Richt looked a lot more emotional and into the game than I remember him being at Ugag. Both of these teams will be a challenge for us. I hope FSU wears the Canes down for us next week.