Duke is going to be a handful this year-

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I was fine with Duke until Cutcliffe openly tried to question our offense in terms of recruiting and how he downplayed our system developing guys like Demaryius Thomas and Stephen Hill. Till this day, he's the only HC I've heard get in front a bunch of reporters and do that.

I hope Cutcliffe suffers diarrhea on the sidelines every game day.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Fluke is projected to go 8-4. But they have 4 gimme games: North Carolina Central Southeast, Northwestern, Baylor (lost to Liberty and Texas-San Antonio) and Army. http://atomicfootball.com/archive/teams/tm_8.html

I hope the entire team starting with the HC gets mono.

But if they are healthy and passing, we are in for a game since that has been our defensive Achilles Heel behind stopping the run up the middle :rolleyes:

Jmonty71

Banned
I managed to watch the Northwestern game.. Here's some observations.

1. Northwestern really sucks..
2. Duke is very balanced.
3. Nothing flashy... Short passes. Lot's of slants. Lots of ISOs
4. They look to have an ok D. Again, nothing overly powerful. But, enough to hold their own on the LOS. (I think they are a tad slow)
5. Like us, their LB corps is the weak link
6. They, like us, have some decent CBs.
7. The RBs are grinders. Not flashy, not super fast... But, they hit the hole and they hit it hard.
8. Their QB is average. Against us, that means above average.
9. Their O can run non huddle and conventional huddle. They tend to mix it up.

I think they will play at a slow pace against us. At least to start the game. If they get behind, I expect to see a no huddle to come out.

In my opinion Cut has been the best Head Football Coach at Duke since Bill Murray who coached them from 1953-1965

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_D._Murray
After a good run, highlighted by conference championships in the fifties, what precipitated Duke's decline? At Tech losing our premier coach, we wandered in the wilderness for decades, but Duke crashed and burned for 50 years with only a blip or relevance here and there. My father graduated in 1950 and always said the players said Duke was one of the most physical games every year.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
After a good run, highlighted by conference championships in the fifties, what precipitated Duke's decline? At Tech losing our premier coach, we wandered in the wilderness for decades, but Duke crashed and burned for 50 years with only a blip or relevance here and there. My father graduated in 1950 and always said the players said Duke was one of the most physical games every year.
I think Duke upped their academic standards for athletes more than they had been from the 1930s-1950s.

melloace

Jolly Good Fellow
There have been times where watchbuffer has been so bad this year I've had better luck and quality with bootleg streams.