Don't be suprised...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
It might be best if some of them did leave, if they are not willing to work hard at improving. I cannot think of any transfers that went on to any measure of greatness after leaving Tech. Maybe Vad?
Probably so...I was glad to see him leave and had wished CPJ benched him that season in favor of JT. Marshall' s decision to leave was so ill advised.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Marcus Marshall isn't exactly crushing it at JMU. Sometimes it's better to wait it out and see how things unfold naturally. He would've been a starter this year and maybe we would've had a one-two punch at bback like we did in 2014 (even last year).

https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/players/254431/

I am kind of surprised by that. I though MM was a talented back with speed and nice balance. Maybe not quite the bruiser that some of our B backs have been but a very good player for us.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
I wish we would have had Jeff Greene in 14 he was such a difference maker at Ohio State
I forgot all about him. That guy had real talent. I did not know he went to Ohio State. Best wishes to him.

tatertot1

Ramblin' Wreck
[
DO-LQDGU8AA6xUI.jpg
=full]3114[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• DO-LQDDV4AAX93X.jpg
    DO-LQDDV4AAX93X.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 37

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
It might be best if some of them did leave, if they are not willing to work hard at improving. I cannot think of any transfers that went on to any measure of greatness after leaving Tech. Maybe Vad?

Collin Peek (sp?) went on to be a starter for N/C bama team. Course a TE, but might have made it as OL here.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
...if you start to see some of our very young talented players transfer out. Especially this off season. Nobody seems excited and nobody seems to want to be out there. Jay Jones and Lucas Johnson are too good to ride the bench. Trust me, I don't want to see them go, but nobody wants to be a punching bag. Nothing is going to change around here for another 3-4 years.

Cute. Simply stating that I wouldn't be suprised. Happens every year.

Ohhh reallly??? Seems you were stating a lot more than the obvious "oh by the way guys, some of our players will likely transfer after this season...same as always and the same as everyone else in college football."

Or are you now wanting to walk back your moaning and groaning a bit now?

And what was my point then since your such a wealth of knowledge?

Maybe take a look at your own first post, take some time to consider the words you wrote, and either stand behind them or clarify them better? I bolded the sections that had little to do with typical transfers out to help you in this process. Until then I'll take them as written originally and stand behind my initial take on same.

Stinger21

Jolly Good Fellow
Ohhh reallly??? Seems you were stating a lot more than the obvious "oh by the way guys, some of our players will likely transfer after this season...same as always and the same as everyone else in college football."

Or are you now wanting to walk back your moaning and groaning a bit now?

Maybe take a look at your own first post, take some time to consider the words you wrote, and either stand behind them or clarify them better? I bolded the sections that had little to do with typical transfers out to help you in this process. Until then I'll take them as written originally and stand behind my initial take on same.
Do whatever you want bigun..i don't care

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
The premise of this thread is such bulls**t, Tech will have attrition no worse this year than any other year. These are quality young men that commitment means something to not to mention that they don't want to sit out a year if they transfer D1.

Agree. We always have attrition and I assume most other programs do as well. Don't be surprised.......if it rains next year. There, I'll go out on a limb and call it. Remember, if it rains anytime at all next year, you heard it here first.

Status
Not open for further replies.