Do we lose any coaches

Animal02

Banned
You’re right it’s not everyone’s but it’s close. Some reason my post was removed for being “irrelevant

I’m not sure how you interpret that as me thinking he’s good because of what he did at Temple. I literally listed his whole resume.
It doesn't matter what he did in subordinate positions. Someone can be a great mechanic and you would never want him as the GM.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
It doesn't matter what he did in subordinate positions. Someone can be a great mechanic and you would never want him as the GM.
I’m sorry but I’m not going to use an imaginary situation to judge my head coach. Collins has won every where he’s been, but Tech is unique because of number 1 it being Tech and number 2 the transition we are going through. His resume speaks for itself, and if one season is enough for you to lose faith, have at it. Collins is here for awhile.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I’m sorry but I’m not going to use an imaginary situation to judge my head coach. Collins has won every where he’s been, but Tech is unique because of number 1 it being Tech and number 2 the transition we are going through. His resume speaks for itself, and if one season is enough for you to lose faith, have at it. Collins is here for awhile.
Two years as head coach took over a team that was 10-4 in 2015 and 2016 to go 7-6 in 2018 and 8-5 in 2017 . and that is a resume that speaks for itself , yes but I'm not reading the same thing you are reading. The real question was 7 year too long ?

JStewart2227

Jolly Good Fellow
I think he’s the right guy because he understands what’s gotta happen to turn this team around. He wasn’t approached he came wanting this job knowing what it would take and knowing what the first 2-3 years would be like. We’ve got a long rebuild but they’ll get better each years until this staffs guys are here. Just using it as an example. It’s not Kirby going to take over a job that’s already full of talent and making it even better. I do think the players a getting better and learning the system more and more but we can only expect so much out of these guys that don’t fit this staffs schemes. Some of them do fit, but both sides of the line are extremely small, we don’t have a QB that he would typically have and much more but he still is positive and keeps the team positive and moving forward. He’s a great recruiter. Offense has to adjust to the players as of now until more and more classes come in and Mature. With Collins and key being able to recruit at a high level as well as some of the other guys and selling themselves the school the city everything about GT this team will be rolling in 2-3 years. I was asking if any coaches may leave on their own for the most part. I know Collins won’t, besides Collins i really don’t want to lose Key but I think every coach deserves a few years

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
Two years as head coach took over a team that was 10-4 in 2015 and 2016 to go 7-6 in 2018 and 8-5 in 2017 . and that is a resume that speaks for itself , yes but I'm not reading the same thing you are reading. The real question was 7 year too long ?
You choose to ignore everything he’s done other then Temple, is that to help fit your narrative?

THWG

Helluva Engineer
He had to replace one of the best starting QB and RB duos in Temple history his first year. I also remember that 2016 Temple team having a good number of seniors and he lost their experience.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
We have exactly what we need for next few yrs, recruiters. I remember talking with a couple of knowledgeable CFB people right after CPJ announced he was retiring about what we needed at GT for coaching and all agreed, "recruiters", just don't think many of our people had any idea how depleted we had become. I too wish we would just quietly go about rebuilding our program, do the 404 stuff etc with the kids and their families etc., but mainly do what you need to do(within rules) to build a winning program, all IMO of course. Do we have the right coordinators etc., I have no idea at this point and probably won't have any idea for a few yrs, don't believe there's any way to tell at this stage or for a couple more yrs. Recruit baby, recruit , that has been my song since we hired new staff and will continue to be. What is happening now is not surprising me at all. I'm currently worried about our front 7 recruiting, especially LB and DT. We don't seem to have many prospects there for this '20 class. Hope I'm wrong and it all works out there for this class, we shall see. I might remind people GOL did not hire the "Fridge" until after he had recruited a few classes to fit where they wanted to go. I remember the first GOL class had something like 10 OL recruits. GOL inherited a pretty good group of defensive players incl the 2 LBs.
I walked from Marta to the Carolina game who was obviously a lot closer to our program than me. He kept talking about recruiting, recruiting, recruiting. He also knew a lot about Yates and said he is the real deal, and we would see a big difference next year. I hope he is right.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I like how we’ve shifted from ‘all we have is FCS talent’ to ‘well....you gotta use a measuring tape to actually tell the difference in talent.’

You guys always have some stupid excuse for terrible coaching by this entire staff.

I like how i never said anything about fcs talent.

What i did say is u have to use multiple things to evaluate recruiting. Its rankings initially. Draft picks. And on field tape. If u disagree with that fine.

But duke has had better talent its true.

Animal02

Banned
I walked from Marta to the Carolina game who was obviously a lot closer to our program than me. He kept talking about recruiting, recruiting, recruiting. He also knew a lot about Yates and said he is the real deal, and we would see a big difference next year. I hope he is right.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk
Recruiting recruiting recruiting.....FSU says hello.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
He had to replace one of the best starting QB and RB duos in Temple history his first year. I also remember that 2016 Temple team having a good number of seniors and he lost their experience.
Well if you want to look at it like that I'll call the AD Monday and see about giving him 3 more years on his contract.