Do we lose any coaches

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
People hating CDP are doing so based only on a ypg rushing stat that very soon will mean even less than it did in the Detroit bowl.

Anyone with a half ounce of football sense will realize what he is going to be able to show high ranked recruits what they are going to be able to accomplish when he shows them some film of what we are going to do.

Just total insane, sophomoric, lack of knowledge and overreaction to 6 games. Thank God they don’t matter.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Hope that’s the explanation for the Yates deal today.

Young Yates is the closest player to an actual QB, absent Vad, that we have signed in 11 years.

And he was still listed as a “Dual”. Everyone else was an “athlete” or “apb”.

Would have been nice to recruit the normal number of lineman.

We truly have some young men - undersized and outnumbered - that are fighting their guts out.

Hope the fans that can not see the improvement in tackling, dB coverage, Courage on the field leave and don’t come to the games.

They don’t have what it takes, probably give very little money, and don’t appreciate what our players are fighting for.

Animal02

Banned
Again, I am hoping CGC proves me wrong, but this catch-phrase, marketing style really does bother me. I have no idea whether he can coach or not at this point. I have not given up (for the longer term - I surely have given up this year), but I sure wish we had not given him a 7 year contract - that was madness.
But but but, I was told it was foolish not to give him seven years.:rolleyes:

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Again, I am hoping CGC proves me wrong, but this catch-phrase, marketing style really does bother me. I have no idea whether he can coach or not at this point. I have not given up (for the longer term - I surely have given up this year), but I sure wish we had not given him a 7 year contract - that was madness.
Honestly, just stop listening to CGC pressers and focus on Thacker and Patenaude. CGC is the hype man and the coordinators bring the substance. I don’t prefer CGC’s media approach either, but I am loving getting to hear weekly talks by the coords.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Honestly, just stop listening to CGC pressers and focus on Thacker and Patenaude. CGC is the hype man and the coordinators bring the substance. I don’t prefer CGC’s media approach either, but I am loving getting to hear weekly talks by the coords.

I will try. He really is the "hype man", and I guess that is not what I wanted for GT as a HC.

If I have to hear one more time about those devices they hook up to the kids to measure their performance, I might go MAD.

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
I hope so! Our talent may not be the best but it is far better than the results on the field. A rebuilding season should have at least 5-6 wins and a couple of conference wins. But the results to date are coaching related. The SEC has been littered with failed coaches who can recruit but dont know how to coach. The problem we have is CGC is learning on the job. So we don't even know if he can coach. Every game looks more and more like B*** L**** 2.0. Duke had us 38 to 3 before half time.
7-18
No we did not outplay them after that. That was all garbage time as Duke looked to get out of the game with no injuries after that. What a joke this coaching staff has turned the Jackets into so far this year. Freaking Duke just destroyed us! Those guys are not even good. There are no moral victory's to get out of today's performance

Duke has destroyed us 5 of the past 6 years. At least we weren't death-marching down 3 TDs in the 4th qtr, like the joke of 2018 nor did we get blown out in the 2nd half like 2017.

No moral victories though. I guarantee our players aren't feeling anything great either.

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
I will try. He really is the "hype man", and I guess that is not what I wanted for GT as a HC.

If I have to hear one more time about those devices they hook up to the kids to measure their performance, I might go MAD.
I agree with this, though I don’t mind the analytics stuff. He’s not a hype man, he’s the head f—-ing coach, and it’s about GD time he started acting like it.

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
People hating CDP are doing so based only on a ypg rushing stat that very soon will mean even less than it did in the Detroit bowl.

Anyone with a half ounce of football sense will realize what he is going to be able to show high ranked recruits what they are going to be able to accomplish when he shows them some film of what we are going to do.

Just total insane, sophomoric, lack of knowledge and overreaction to 6 games. Thank God they don’t matter.
He’s going to show them . . . exactly the same thing as everyone else is showing them, just in a half empty stadium. I’m sure it’ll go well!

Cam

Helluva Engineer

I agree with this, though I don’t mind the analytics stuff. He’s not a hype man, he’s the head f—-ing coach, and it’s about GD time he started acting like it.
When you're trying to recruit big on a budget, being a "hype man" is just about the only way to do it. Recruiting is entirely about perspective and selling a vision, which you have to manufacture yourself. Win-loss records don't even necessarily factor in much. Notice how certain things Collins says get cut up into nicely packaged clips for Twitter all the time for visibility. I've said this before, but he's not talking to the fans in the press conferences. He's talking to recruits. And the things he says are incredibly effective for recruits because you hear them quote Collins all the time both on Twitter and in interviews. Also, the players have clearly loved the Catapult system as it fits a quantitative measurement to competition, so mentioning it at any chance is, again, a draw for recruits. If you want him to cut out being a "hype man," you're asking for him to essentially self-sabotage recruiting.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
When you're trying to recruit big on a budget, being a "hype man" is just about the only way to do it. Recruiting is entirely about perspective and selling a vision, which you have to manufacture yourself. Win-loss records don't even necessarily factor in much. Notice how certain things Collins says get cut up into nicely packaged clips for Twitter all the time for visibility. I've said this before, but he's not talking to the fans in the press conferences. He's talking to recruits. And the things he says are incredibly effective for recruits because you hear them quote Collins all the time both on Twitter and in interviews. Also, the players have clearly loved the Catapult system as it fits a quantitative measurement to competition, so mentioning it at any chance is, again, a draw for recruits. If you want him to cut out being a "hype man," you're asking for him to essentially self-sabotage recruiting.

You are most likely 100% right, but most of the kids do care about the wins and losses. If CGC doesn't show improvement next year, which is really unfair but true, it may not matter, but I guess he will continue to only talk in platitudes. The alums and fans want to hear from his as well, but that would require "negativity", which I call realism.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
No, no, no. P'Nut is the best OC in the country. The man runs the swinging gate formation, my God, what more can you ask of him? All we need are several 5-star QBs, WRs, and an all 5-star OL to score 30 points a game, which are on the way.
Im sorry you’re taking it this hard. Way more to life, just keep supporting, but if you’re letting it tear you up this bad idk what I can say.

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
I might recommend he speak with his current players, though I’m a bit concerned that he’ll do more harm than good.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Like John Mckay said after a beat down at USC: one and a half billion Chinese didn't even know this game was played today.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
I think winning may work better in the long haul, but that's just me. Otherwise, you're just Tennessee.