Disappointment

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
Wake me up in 7 years.
You know that just like the rest of us, you'll be at the next home game and watch the other team run through our defense and watch our quarterback get sacked when we need a big play. You'll watch us in foreign football uniforms and enjoy lots of TV timeouts. It's like the movie Groundhog Day. It's the same thing over and over and you're not going to win over the pretty girl at the end either.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
oh, wife says she likes new qb but is disappointed in addias efforts on coach's gameday attire. Did the cameras show the assistants wearing what looked like white garbage bags?

To add my appointment on game day assistant coaches - we had about 20 and UNC had about 30 .

stech81

Helluva Engineer
You know that just like the rest of us, you'll be at the next home game and watch the other team run through our defense and watch our quarterback get sacked when we need a big play. You'll watch us in foreign football uniforms and enjoy lots of TV timeouts. It's like the movie Groundhog Day. It's the same thing over and over and you're not going to win over the pretty girl at the end either.
I know I'll be there I'm just a big dumb A** . My wife tells me this all the time.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
No one has pointed out that the unc qb is a TRUE FRESHMAN.

I think Bama and Clemson have proven that if you take a talented true FR QB and put him behind a superior OL and give him talent at the skill positions that anything is possible. I like Graham (although he can improve his accuracy) and believe our current surrounding talent at the skill positions is sufficient to be competitive in the ACC. I think if you swapped Graham and their kid, UNC wins the game also. FR QB typically struggle most under pressure. Their guy didn't have any. Our guy did,

LibertyTurns

Banned
@Em_Jae20 Have some questions and comments from your post:

“But after the Citadel loss it was time to adjust those expectations”. Not sure I understand, are you saying this is the level we’re capable of competing at? To me that’s an indictment of the staff’s capabilities because we clearly have better players than Citadel. Are you suggesting we need to reduce the expectations?

“That whole "juice crew and money down" thing needed to change and it did”. Honestly, they seemed to be right back at it yesterday.

“CGC needed to finally stick with one QB and he did”. Absolutely. I now wonder what picking Graham earlier would have looked like yesterday.

“Dumb penalties needed to be cleaned up and they have”. Yes, staff deserves credit for this.

We lost yesterday, but I really wasn’t mad because you could see some improvement out there. I’m prepared to wait and see what Dook brings. I hope for more improvement.

chewybaka

Ramblin' Wreck
Interestingly, I saw Kent Hill on MARTA as we headed home after the game. His last year at Tech was my first. He was drafted by the LA Rams and made All Pro several times as a guard. He made a similar comments about UNCs Oline and ours, that theirs was able to provide a clean pocket for most of the day while their DLine was fairly disruptive and took our QB off their spot for most of the game. I isolated on one of the UNC DTackles (#92) during the game and saw him use the 'swim move' on the lineman in front of him to get pressure on Graham multiple times. It's hard to go through your progressions and make the right reads if you don't have enough time to do so.

Kent was hopeful that as we recruit bigger lineman on both sides of the ball, we will see improvement. Good seeing a GT legend and hearing his comments.
The offensive line play is a real problem...
We were in disarray for the fist half...with Graham running for his life or getting clobbered after releasing the ball (some potential targeting I saw)...I hope CBK can bring some measured improvement or we are going to get Graham hurt...

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Without solid offensive and defensive lines the rest of the team is basically irrelevant. We could have had Tua or Fromm or Lawrence as QB with Swift as RB and we would have looked the same.

Our future depends on one thing - Collins recruiting along the lines. One thing we all know is that Collins isn’t shy and is lasered focus on recruiting. I may not agree with all the things he does but I am irrelevant. He will turn over this roster (already started) and bring in bigger players. Then we can assess his X’s and O’s. He can’t help we lost our best Olineman (Lee) and best DLineman (Adams) from lines that were already lackluster.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
We have always had talent disparity across the LOS on both sides of the ball.

It’s just more painful to watch currently. Got together with some friends yesterday and didn’t watch any football. Best Saturday of the fall so far.

Hopefully the current staff can make strides and help our players get some more Ws this year. They players work dang hard and it can’t be fun chalking losses up.

DCSS

Ramblin' Wreck
Now once, I was down-hearted
Disappointment, was my closest friend
But then you, came and it soon departed
And you know he never
Showed his face again

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
Nowadays our AD signs a guy to a 7 year deal

I don’t have a problem with that in football, at least not now with the change we’re going through and the time it takes to catch up in recruiting. But I do wish our MBB coach had a shorter contract.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
In two years we will have mostly Collins’ players instead of Johnson’s players and the team will be greatly improved.

Why? Do you think recruiting is going to be good after this season? Even if it is, do you see any evidence they can be coached up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Collins and his staff are doing the best they can with what they have. They know more about football than 99.9% on this board.

I need some demonstrative proof of these things. I’ve seen nothing that supports these statements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk