Disappointment

Animal02

Banned
Yes, I am disappointed about our season so Far, but not too surprised. I felt like our upside was 5 wins, and thought our downside would be 3 wins. But, ISWII. My really bug disappointment comes from our supposedly fans who are jumping on our coaches before half the season is over. I have my concerns but some of you are way over the top this early into our transition. I doubt if you will, but you could really learn something about positive attitude from our 18 year oid commits in this article: https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/...-about-jackets-season/JfRpKHWZryvBltLVobCPHM/

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk
Saying he is not upset wit the current record is enough for me to dismiss anything else he said.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
GeeHoff would need to have four to five years of 10+ wins for me to forgive this years garbage.
We can argue all points;
lack of depth
lack of 4 & 5* players
lack of fan support
lack of media support
who is to blame for all of these woes
but for me it boils down to this:
Ultimately it boils down to coaching and this group hasn't shown any improvement from week to week.
Whos fault is it? Doesnt matter.
What matters is to be constantly improving and there is no sign of that.

Honestly, your last line proves you know not of what you are typing.

Sidewalking

Banned
Which is why I think everyone should be excited moving forward, if Collins isn’t the guy I think Tech is eager to find him. The Money is here all of the sudden, we have to capitalize.

I’m curious. Where is this sudden influx of money, how much is it, and where is it coming from?

I certainly hope it’s a lot. Because a lot is needed.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Collins is 16-15 as a head coach, meaning he will likely have a losing record by seasons end... How many other ACC coaches have losing records on their careers?

Historically, lots of them. The very best off the top of my head are Frank Howard at Clemson, Bill Dooley and the current coach at Wake Forest, **** Crum, Mack Brown,and Bill Dooley at UNC, Frank Beamer at Virginia Tech, **** Sheridan at NC State, Wallace Wade at Duke, Steve Spurrier at Duke, Bobby Bowden at FSU, Bobby Ross at Maryland and Georgia Tech, George O'Leary at Tech and the other George at Virginia. Probably missed a few but there has not been a whole lot of Hall of Fame type coaches in the ACC to be sure. Kind of doubt any are coming out of the Coastal Division any time soon. Right now the ACC with the exception of Clemson is as bad as I have seen it in a long time. Just a lot of mediocrity dressed up as good football for the ACC network.

Last edited:

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I’m curious. Where is this sudden influx of money, how much is it, and where is it coming from?

My understanding is that TStan has gone around passing the hat to wealthy and influential alumni to raise funds which was something his predecessors would not do. If I were him, I would be begging too. Virtually every sports program needs more money and support but especially football which is the straw that stirs the drink around these parts.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
Historically, lots of them. The very best off the top of my head are Frank Howard at Clemson, Bill Dooley and the current coach at Wake Forest, **** Crum, Mack Brown,and Bill Dooley at UNC, Frank Beamer at Virginia Tech, **** Sheridan at NC State, Wallace Wade at Duke, Steve Spurrier at Duke, Bobby Bowden at FSU, Bobby Ross at Maryland and Georgia Tech, George O'Leary at Tech and the other George at Virginia. Probably missed a few but there has not been a whole lot of Hall of Fame type coaches in the ACC to be sure. Kind of doubt any are coming out of the Coastal Division any time soon. Right now the ACC with the exception of Clemson is as bad as I have seen it in a long time. Just a lot of mediocrity dressed up as good football for the ACC network.

I think he means current ACC coaches.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I think he means current ACC coaches.

Oh, well almost all of them currently have winning records including Coach Collins at 16-15. Dabo is at the top with a .801 winning percentage followed by the "dean" of ACC coaches Mack Brown with a .703 with 230 wins to his credit. Willie T at FSU has a losing record at .478 which is amazing considering the talent he has had at 3 head coaching gigs. Dave Clauson has a losing record at Wake Forest but respectable under the circumstances at .492. Those in danger of falling BTL (see what I did there?) are Coach Collins, Manny at Miami, Pat at Pitt, Dino at Syracuse and Addazzio at BC all of whom could fall below .500 with a bad season or two. Satterfield has an impressive 51-18 head coaching record and seems to have Louisville pointed in the right direction. For all the grief, Fuente gets at Virginia Tech, he still has a very respectable .579 winning percentage. The much heralded Coach Cut has a record of 115-103. Personally, taking out Coach Collins, Manny, and Satterfield (because they are just start ing out) I don't think any of them are all that great. Put Mack and Dabo at say Tulane or Rice and that gaudy record would go down in short order. Satterfield and Clauson have done very well under the circumstances but I don't know that I would put any of them in the Hall of Fame just now.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer

Just looking at how much Collins staff alone is getting paid, and the new AI2020 Athletic Facility coming. No idea where it’s coming from but somehow it’s here.

Sidewalking

Banned
Just looking at how much Collins staff alone is getting paid, and the new AI2020 Athletic Facility coming. No idea where it’s coming from but somehow it’s here.

The staff pay is the only new thing then. I believe the new Athletic Facility has been in the plans for a couple of years. Yes it should help. Yes we will still be lagging behind a lot of other programs even with that face lift.