Disappointment

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Which is also bs, because where was this money when we've been begging the last 8 years for it. Could have had a decent DC with this money or even enough support staff so we could actually recruit.

People forget all too quickly that at the peak of recruiting staff, we had 4 and that was like 2 years ago at the earliest!! Other teams have dozens of them!!!

We wouldn't spend money on a future Hall of Fame coach, but we'll spend it on an unproven coach. We are Georgia Tech, we are supposed to be smart.

CPJ was handcuffed no doubt by the previous AD's. No telling what he and TStan could have accomplished together if Paul hadn't chosen to retire last year. But I don't blame him...I can't imagine being basically in the same career for as long as he did either.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
CPJ was handcuffed no doubt by the previous AD's. No telling what he and TStan could have accomplished together if Paul hadn't chosen to retire last year. But I don't blame him...I can't imagine being basically in the same career for as long as he did either.

Bear Bryant, Woody Hayes, Bo Schembelcher, Joe Paterno, all coached until within a very short time of dying. Coach Johnson is too smart for that foolishness and knows there is more to life at age 65 and beyond. He does not need the money or the aggravation. Smart man.

LibertyTurns

Banned
If there was a fit, he would not have quit.

Keck

Georgia Tech Fan
Not worried, we'll be ok with avg 3.5* players next year and avg 4.0* players the year after, doesn't matter what offense we run or coaching skill.

After all we have to build a 7-5 or 8-4 team into a 1-11 team , that's a very challenging transformation !

I recall our challenge at Nebraska where we had to rebuild Pellini's 9-4 teams into Riley's and Frost's 4-8 teams. We're still patient here, but Dedrick Mills is a plus especially all of his talk about 1500 yards as a second stringer and running over any defenders!

Last edited:

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
A great point was made on the radio broadcast (I'm pretty sure it was Sean Bedford who said this).

Basically said there could be decisions made that would help us win today (meaning this year). In terms of plays/offenses ran, etc.

However, doing that would be short-sighted and wouldn't allow us to establish techniques and philosophies that will be the basis upon which we'll win in the future.

He went on to say it's obviously difficult to watch, but it's an investment we're making for the long run.

IOW, suck it up you bunch o' butter cups. IIWII

ElCidBUZZingFAN

Jolly Good Fellow
A great point was made on the radio broadcast (I'm pretty sure it was Sean Bedford who said this).

Basically said there could be decisions made that would help us win today (meaning this year). In terms of plays/offenses ran, etc.

However, doing that would be short-sighted and wouldn't allow us to establish techniques and philosophies that will be the basis upon which we'll win in the future.

He went on to say it's obviously difficult to watch, but it's an investment we're making for the long run.

That is without a doubt the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard, if what you said is true and actually what CGC is doing.

ezbee

Georgia Tech Fan

Sean’s never coaches a team, led a program, etc. just because he said it doesn’t mean he’s right.
He was a helluva player for us and great on the radio. But come on, he was barely a two star. Collins wouldn’t waste his time recruiting a terrible talent like Bedford so we shouldn’t waste our time listening to him. :)

Animal02

Banned

Bull crap......this is not the pros where players are around for a decade. The players now will be long gone before these hope for techniques pay off. It is another excuse for incompetent coaching. We go 1-11 this year and 3-9 next year, even if we go 9-4, he still has to almost run the table to be .500 overall after 4 years......That is unacceptable.

Jim Prather

Helluva Engineer
So our previous 2 coaches both averaged about 7.5 wins a season... Assuming we lose out this year(which looks like the most plausible case right now ), CGC will have to win of 10 games per season EVERY season for he next 3 years just to match the average of our last two coaches...
Something to think about...

ramblineck

Jolly Good Fellow
So our previous 2 coaches both averaged about 7.5 wins a season... Assuming we lose out this year(which looks like the most plausible case right now ), CGC will have to win of 10 games per season EVERY season for he next 3 years just to match the average of our last two coaches...
Something to think about...

I’m sorry but this makes no sense. why would the averages matter? Let’s say we win 4 then 8 then 10 that would be AMAZING

We have 4 home games in November so I’ll hold my nose until then to really complain. It’s obvious that we don’t have the size in the trenches and that’s where football is won. I don’t get why it’s so hard for some of our fan base to wrap their head around it.

I’m lot happy either but this is the reality we have to accept for now

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
That is without a doubt the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard, if what you said is true and actually what CGC is doing.

Sean’s never coaches a team, led a program, etc. just because he said it doesn’t mean he’s right.
He was a helluva player for us and great on the radio. But come on, he was barely a two star. Collins wouldn’t waste his time recruiting a terrible talent like Bedford so we shouldn’t waste our time listening to him. :)

Bull crap......this is not the pros where players are around for a decade. The players now will be long gone before these hope for techniques pay off. It is another excuse for incompetent coaching. We go 1-11 this year and 3-9 next year, even if we go 9-4, he still has to almost run the table to be .500 overall after 4 years......That is unacceptable.

So you all think we shouldn't improve our pass protection then?

Oh ok, so you do agree with the sentiment of what I relayed?

Or maybe you just want to rail about something? Ah, that's it.