Disappointment

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
So our previous 2 coaches both averaged about 7.5 wins a season... Assuming we lose out this year(which looks like the most plausible case right now ), CGC will have to win of 10 games per season EVERY season for he next 3 years just to match the average of our last two coaches...
Something to think about...
I’ve thought about it, believe me.

Animal02

Banned
I’m sorry but this makes no sense. why would the averages matter? Let’s say we win 4 then 8 then 10 that would be AMAZING

We have 4 home games in November so I’ll hold my nose until then to really complain. It’s obvious that we don’t have the size in the trenches and that’s where football is won. I don’t get why it’s so hard for some of our fan base to wrap their head around it.

I’m lot happy either but this is the reality we have to accept for now
The only think.obvious is the coaching staff is clueless

Animal02

Banned
So you all think we shouldn't improve our pass protection then?

Oh ok, so you do agree with the sentiment of what I relayed?

Or maybe you just want to rail about something? Ah, that's it.
It isn't about pass protection, it is about winning games. NOW!
I chose not to play college ball, but HS is not much different wrt you have a short period of time to play. If the coaches would have said me are going to do things so that years from now we will win, bit while you are here you are going to lose......everyone would have been out of there.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
It isn't about pass protection, it is about winning games. NOW!
I chose not to play college ball, but HS is not much different wrt you have a short period of time to play. If the coaches would have said me are going to do things so that years from now we will win, bit while you are here you are going to lose......everyone would have been out of there.

Nope. It's about building the program.

Jacket4Life9

Jolly Good Fellow
Bull crap......this is not the pros where players are around for a decade. The players now will be long gone before these hope for techniques pay off. It is another excuse for incompetent coaching. We go 1-11 this year and 3-9 next year, even if we go 9-4, he still has to almost run the table to be .500 overall after 4 years......That is unacceptable.

if we go 9-4 in 3 years CGC will have been a success. Whether he goes .500 overall over 4 years won’t mean anything at that point.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Bull crap......this is not the pros where players are around for a decade. The players now will be long gone before these hope for techniques pay off. It is another excuse for incompetent coaching. We go 1-11 this year and 3-9 next year, even if we go 9-4, he still has to almost run the table to be .500 overall after 4 years......That is unacceptable.
We’re a 7.5 win/year program. We have been for almost 35 years. There’s an up, there’s a down, there’s Chan 7-5 misery that now looks pretty damn good, but at the end of the day we’ve invested in 7.5 wins/year.

We moved from a scheme approach to head-to-head competition with mutt-Clemp-pick factory of your choice. History says we’ll end up regressing to the mean and at some point end right up at 7.5 wins.

Scubapro

Banned
if we go 9-4 in 3 years CGC will have been a success. Whether he goes .500 overall over 4 years won’t mean anything at that point.
What?
No its not. People discount the two orange bowl appearances under PJ...
so the people telling me the next two years of going 1-11 and 2 -10 are worthy sacrifices for going 9-3? Nope
I havent seen anything from this coaching staff that makes me think they could win 8 games with Florida's talent

Animal02

Banned
What?
No its not. People discount the two orange bowl appearances under PJ...
so the people telling me the next two years of going 1-11 and 2 -10 are worthy sacrifices for going 9-3? Nope
I havent seen anything from this coaching staff that makes me think they could win 8 games with Florida's talent
Rather comical how the goal posts have moved.... All we've heard was how CPJ's o erall record was more important the the Orange Bowls and championships. Now overalls don't matter for h"and change."

tomknight

Ramblin' Wreck
So our previous 2 coaches both averaged about 7.5 wins a season... Assuming we lose out this year(which looks like the most plausible case right now ), CGC will have to win of 10 games per season EVERY season for he next 3 years just to match the average of our last two coaches...
Something to think about...

we were .500 the last 4 years, with two losing seasons, not that it has any relevance to what happens going forward

Jim Prather

Helluva Engineer
we were .500 the last 4 years, with two losing seasons, not that it has any relevance to what happens going forward
You may not have seen it, but the fact that CPJ's average win total was not any better than Tech's historical win average has been used as a justification of why we needed to move on. With this single, excruciatingly bad season it is now more probable than not that CGC will never get to an average of 7.5 wins per season.
When CGCs career is over, if people look back favorably on his tenure, it will be because he has a mix of some very good seasons to go along with average and poor ones.
In short, this single season invalidates the average win argument - because criticizing one coach for implicitly criticizes the other...

tomknight

Ramblin' Wreck
You may not have seen it, but the fact that CPJ's average win total was not any better than Tech's historical win average has been used as a justification of why we needed to move on. With this single, excruciatingly bad season it is now more probable than not that CGC will never get to an average of 7.5 wins per season.
When CGCs career is over, if people look back favorably on his tenure, it will be because he has a mix of some very good seasons to go along with average and poor ones.
In short, this single season invalidates the average win argument - because criticizing one coach for implicitly criticizes the other...

perhaps. I thought it was because he checked out, looked frustrated, and was trending towards becoming Paul Hewitt.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff

I think CPJ is viewed more favorably than CCG IS because of the variance we experienced under his regime (and his wins in Athens). Under Paul, we went to Orange Bowls but also had losing seasons and broke our bowl streak. Much preferable imo than7-5 year over year which is just numbing. If CGC wins 3 games these next two seasons and 10 the following,I would be ok with that over 7-5 the next 3 years. Aside from variance, the other important indicator is trends.

Scubapro

Banned
I think CPJ is viewed more favorably than CCG IS because of the variance we experienced under his regime (and his wins in Athens). Under Paul, we went to Orange Bowls but also had losing seasons and broke our bowl streak. Much preferable imo than7-5 year over year which is just numbing. If CGC wins 3 games these next two seasons and 10 the following,I would be ok with that over 7-5 the next 3 years. Aside from variance, the other important indicator is trends.
GeeHoff would need to have four to five years of 10+ wins for me to forgive this years garbage.
We can argue all points;
lack of depth
lack of 4 & 5* players
lack of fan support
lack of media support
who is to blame for all of these woes
but for me it boils down to this:
Ultimately it boils down to coaching and this group hasn't shown any improvement from week to week.
Whos fault is it? Doesnt matter.
What matters is to be constantly improving and there is no sign of that.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Yes, I am disappointed about our season so Far, but not too surprised. I felt like our upside was 5 wins, and thought our downside would be 3 wins. But, ISWII. My really bug disappointment comes from our supposedly fans who are jumping on our coaches before half the season is over. I have my concerns but some of you are way over the top this early into our transition. I doubt if you will, but you could really learn something about positive attitude from our 18 year oid commits in this article: https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/...-about-jackets-season/JfRpKHWZryvBltLVobCPHM/

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk