Dedrick Mills

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
And PJ gave up Marshall for this guy.pleez.
btw--Mills was interviewed after the Gator Bowl and the poor guy could hardly put a sentence together.If that was an indicator ,he was never going to get through Tech.
I understand that this is a message board open to the public but things like that don't help to further a constructive conversation about Dedrick Mills. I you feel you just have give your response, especially in a quote to someone, just PM them.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
DM was a good kid with a drug problem. I hope he's gotten some help with it other than "if break the rules you're screwed." That may be good enough for most people, but not when you're addicted.

Milwaukee

Banned
I understand that this is a message board open to the public but things like that don't help to further a constructive conversation about Dedrick Mills. I you feel you just have give your response, especially in a quote to someone, just PM them.

Well I'll comment on his comment as well, right or wrong. In my personal experiences grammar is extremely important, but it doesn't make the man nor does it make a man "Tech caliber". If anyone has actually really listened to a Morgan Burnett or Bebe Thomas interview they would hear the same bad grammar, almost cringeworthy sometimes. But ya know what, those 2 cats have already made more money at 30 than most here, including Tech grads, will accumulate in their lifetime. Yes I know they left early, but they're still Tech men and Tech caliber men imo. Long story short: bad grammar, as annoying as it is, doesn't make the man. Rob Gronkowski is another perfect example.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Well I'll comment on his comment as well, right or wrong. In my personal experiences grammar is extremely important, but it doesn't make the man nor does it make a man "Tech caliber". If anyone has actually really listened to a Morgan Burnett or Bebe Thomas interview they would hear the same bad grammar, almost cringeworthy sometimes. But ya know what, those 2 cats have already made more money at 30 than most here, including Tech grads, will accumulate in their lifetime. Yes I know they left early, but they're still Tech men and Tech caliber men imo. Long story short: bad grammar, as annoying as it is, doesn't make the man. Rob Gronkowski is another perfect example.
But it does make one wonder how the subject got through four years at a reputable university, associated in class, cafeteria and playing fields with similar college students, and left with rotten grammar skills. At least it makes me wonder. I don't question their intellects. Just their learning skills.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
You can drown yourself with water, if you drink enough of it. Anything and everything can be overdone.
I kind of doubt this, if by "drown yourself" you mean voluntarily drinking it, as opposed to tossing yourself into the middle of the ocean. I don't think so.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
But it does make one wonder how the subject got through four years at a reputable university, associated in class, cafeteria and playing fields with similar college students, and left with rotten grammar skills. At least it makes me wonder. I don't question their intellects. Just their learning skills.
It's not hard to understand. Verbal skills are developed and ingrained early in life and are constantly reinforced through everyday exposure at home and with peers. Just because you hear some of the people in your circle of contact speaking correctly doesn't change a lifetime of practice. It doesn't mean it can't change, but it would take a concerted effort on his part to do so.

There are also people who can turn it off and on at a moments notice. Early in my career I worked part time in an innercity elementary school in the metro Atlanta area. I often overheard the 3rd grade English teacher, a woman of the same ethnicity as her students, tell them "in hear you use 'school speech!' If you want to use 'street speech' at home, that's your business!" Some learned "school speech" and some didn't.

Last edited:

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
You can absolutely kill yourself by drinking too much water. Look it up. It's called hyponatremia. It's rare, but it absolutely can happen.
Well, it it is not actually drowning, but let it go. A distinction without a difference. I rue all those student loans I could have avoided by visits to the board.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I kind of doubt this, if by "drown yourself" you mean voluntarily drinking it, as opposed to tossing yourself into the middle of the ocean. I don't think so.

You're right that you can't actually drown in the usual sense, but you can conceivably die by hyponatremia, or water intoxication, by lowering the level of salt in your blood to dangerous levels. If a 150 pound person drank 6 liters of water all at once, it could very possibly be fatal.

King2b

Jolly Good Fellow
You're right that you can't actually drown in the usual sense, but you can conceivably die by hyponatremia, or water intoxication, by lowering the level of salt in your blood to dangerous levels. If a 150 pound person drank 6 liters of water all at once, it could very possibly be fatal.
Reminds me of the tragic "hold your wee for a Wii" contest

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/16614865/ns/us_news-life/t/woman-dies-after-water-drinking-contest/

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I often overheard the 3rd grade English teacher, a woman of the same ethnicity as her students, tell them "in hear you use 'school speech!' If you want to use 'street speech' at home, that's your business!" Some learned "school speech" and some didn't.
I used to say the same thing to my students. And it sometimes worked.