Dedrick Mills

GoldZ

Ramblin' Wreck
Kind of makes you wonder if he would have lasted much longer at Tech regardless of his other issues.

If you have less than a 2.5 GPA at a CC you either 1) just mentally struggle to learn the required material in an academic environment (I tried to phrase this nicely) or 2) aren’t trying very hard.

And you would think at this point he’d be giving his best effort with the opportunity presented to him.
But but but, wait....I thought academics were no issue at Tech and most fans and coaches have just used it as an excuse!? Where's NotPhil....when u need enlightenment ?

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
No need for Mason to try and carry 4 or 5 guys to get an extra foot unless for a TD or 1st down. Do not want to see another KB injury on Mason. The kid is a player.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Dedrick Mills 2 TD's when Nebraska absolutely had to have them. Tough runs that he made with very little blocking. Dedrick's value is in the red zone where most modern day teams struggle mightily to get the 2 or 3 yards needed to make it in. Kind of like you saw us do vs. Clemson.

Go Jackets!

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Mason is not in Mills league. We don't have a back anywhere near as good as Dedrick. We have some good backs. Dedrick is a great back.

Go Jackets!
Well no one is in the ACC and the other is in the Big 10 + 2 . And that would be your opinion that he is not as good but stats don't agree . Mills in one season had 771 avg 5.1 and one season 689 avg 6.1 . Yes CPJ liked Mills but I think Mason is as good or better.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Well no one is in the ACC and the other is in the Big 10 + 2 . And that would be your opinion that he is not as good but stats don't agree . Mills in one season had 771 avg 5.1 and one season 689 avg 6.1 . Yes CPJ liked Mills but I think Mason is as good or better.
MILLS:
In Ireland on final play to win the game ="the pitch to the true freshmen bb around left end.
2016 - Mills = ??
MVP q6 gator bowl.

I have to agree w Jerry and add we only say the surface scratched. In 16 we had 3 freshmen and soph on ol. In 17 and 18 w mills gone and the same guys in ol rotation, it reverted to scheme and cpj slaughtering the idiot dc s. Could have been so different.

Mills is the chicken in the chicken soup.

81 i agree mason has been good and i would love to find out in 2 years that he is great ( but good will be fine).
As Jerry says Go Jackets.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
MILLS:
In Ireland on final play to win the game ="the pitch to the true freshmen bb around left end.
2016 - Mills = ??
MVP q6 gator bowl.

I have to agree w Jerry and add we only say the surface scratched. In 16 we had 3 freshmen and soph on ol. In 17 and 18 w mills gone and the same guys in ol rotation, it reverted to scheme and cpj slaughtering the idiot dc s. Could have been so different.

Mills is the chicken in the chicken soup.

81 i agree mason has been good and i would love to find out in 2 years that he is great ( but good will be fine).
As Jerry says Go Jackets.
Again everyone has their opinion and I can't say which is right I just didn't see Mills being that great good yes. To me he looked like a mean LB that CPJ wanted to make a tough B-back. And my opinion may be skewed because of why he is not on the team. Mess up once ok I'll give you another chance mess up the 2nd time and I'm finished with you and move on.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Mason and Mill are both top tier backs. It’s always better to have 2 of them than 1.

Mills struggle is going to be Nebraska’s OL. Those guys are only suited for bear hug pass rush protection not run blocking and certainly not sophisticated run blocking schemes