Dedrick Mills

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
I saw a girl get high once and it was bad. She let her hair down (despite being married), showed us her ankle and then tried to get a job.

giphy.gif

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
I think you need to revisit your thought process on this one. The team/school policies and rules were in place long before DM decided to come to GT. He understood what the rules were. He understood what the ramifications were. He violated GTAA policy once and was reprimanded. He was given counselling (school policy) and everyone moved forward. He was caught in violation of the same GTAA policy a second time. Again, counselled, and this time the repercussions were game suspensions (which hurt his team). At that time, he knew that if he violated the same school policy a third time that he would be excused from the team and no longer be part of the GTAA. He chose to violate the same policy a third time.

That's either an addict (someone who does not have the ability to resist the urge to partake) or very selfish (someone that repeatedly put his own desires and wants over the betterment of his team and teammates). My point is not mean[ing]less, because there was nothing unjust about the situation. He knew the rules, he chose to break the rules, he paid the ultimate price for those choices.

I have no problem with DM. I wish him luck and maturity. If he has an addiction, I wish him health. Regardless, he made his choices and he's living with the outcomes of the choices.
This is a very well thought out and thorough post that actually pertains to the main subject. Cheers and puff puff.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I think you need to revisit your thought process on this one. The team/school policies and rules were in place long before DM decided to come to GT. He understood what the rules were. He understood what the ramifications were. He violated GTAA policy once and was reprimanded. He was given counselling (school policy) and everyone moved forward. He was caught in violation of the same GTAA policy a second time. Again, counselled, and this time the repercussions were game suspensions (which hurt his team). At that time, he knew that if he violated the same school policy a third time that he would be excused from the team and no longer be part of the GTAA. He chose to violate the same policy a third time.

That's either an addict (someone who does not have the ability to resist the urge to partake) or very selfish (someone that repeatedly put his own desires and wants over the betterment of his team and teammates). My point is not mean[ing]less, because there was nothing unjust about the situation. He knew the rules, he chose to break the rules, he paid the ultimate price for those choices.

I have no problem with DM. I wish him luck and maturity. If he has an addiction, I wish him health. Regardless, he made his choices and he's living with the outcomes of the choices.
I guess DM became an ADDICT - when he got on campus w all the pots ok folks at gt.

Imo, he brought this behavior which his hs coach would have some indications about. He also came from a broken home w a dad who was hanging around but not near the mother at the games, and i heard he had a brother that was killed.

Kids from that type background may need extra guidance and generally are somewhat self centerred- SELFISH

Not knowing the details i am assuming our staff took best efforts AND GIVE THEM A PASS.
Can we assume u will NOT turn on cgc if some of his recruits spin out?

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I guess DM became an ADDICT - when he got on campus w all the pots ok folks at gt.

Imo, he brought this behavior which his hs coach would have some indications about. He also came from a broken home w a dad who was hanging around but not near the mother at the games, and i heard he had a brother that was killed.

Kids from that type background may need extra guidance and generally are somewhat self centerred- SELFISH

Not knowing the details i am assuming our staff took best efforts AND GIVE THEM A PASS.
Can we assume u will NOT turn on cgc if some of his recruits spin out?
Don't take my comments out of context. I'm not slamming DM. I'm explaining that he had choices and made them. There are consequences associated with every action, and he has to live with the consequences of his choices. Nothing more, nothing less. I'm not judging him other to say that his actions were selfish. Whether that's from addiction or something else is beyond my knowledge. I wish him luck.

I rooted for him while he was here, but he chose to violate team/school policy three times knowing it would cost him his scholarship at GT. That's on him.

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
You can drown yourself with water, if you drink enough of it. Anything and everything can be overdone.

Do you mean dihydrogen monoxide!?

Wake up people, the threat is real.

• Death due to accidental inhalation of DHMO, even in small quantities.
  • Prolonged exposure to solid DHMO causes severe tissue damage.
  • Excessive ingestion produces a number of unpleasant though not typically life-threatening side-effects.
  • DHMO is a major component of acid rain.
  • Gaseous DHMO can cause severe burns.
  • Contributes to soil erosion.
  • Leads to corrosion and oxidation of many metals.
  • Contamination of electrical systems often causes short-circuits.
  • Exposure decreases effectiveness of automobile brakes.
  • Found in biopsies of pre-cancerous tumors and lesions.
  • Given to vicious dogs involved in recent deadly attacks.
  • Often associated with killer cyclones in the U.S. Midwest and elsewhere, and in hurricanes including deadly storms in Florida, New Orleans and other areas of the southeastern U.S.
  • Thermal variations in DHMO are a suspected contributor to the El Nino weather effect.
source: https://www.dhmo.org/facts.html

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
This reads like old school reefer madness silliness. All of these things are just as true, if not more so, of alcohol. And yet we don't have posts and posts pontificating on that. Because who cares if players go to a party have a drink every once in a while as long as it doesn't get in the way of what they need to do. Why should it be any different about marijuana which isn't as harmful to you?

It sounds like your acquaintance overshot her tolerance level and got freaked out. It happens. If she did that with vodka she could have ended up needing her stomach pumped. Or dead.
Crazy that the generation that made Laws for Marijuana thought that smoking cigarettes was good for you. Shows how clueless they were.

alagold

Helluva Engineer

And PJ gave up Marshall for this guy.pleez.
btw--Mills was interviewed after the Gator Bowl and the poor guy could hardly put a sentence together.If that was an indicator ,he was never going to get through Tech.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
And PJ gave up Marshall for this guy.pleez.
btw--Mills was interviewed after the Gator Bowl and the poor guy could hardly put a sentence together.If that was an indicator ,he was never going to get through Tech.
I wouldn’t say PJ gave up Marshall. He liked MM’s big play capability
But you have to hang on to the ball and you’ve got to block
DM had MM on both of those, I think