DC Hire

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
You guys crack me up. Just so I'm on the same page & can fit in around here, we now give defenses a "pass" against top ranked offenses?

I could have sworn just last week people here expected our offense to light it up against top ranked defenses (Clemson), and bitched incessantly when the O struggled. I'm super confused.......
The board is filled with different people with different opinions and criteria they make judgments based on.

*I* give passes when the stats make sense to me. I do not speak for others. It is fair for someone to judge the Temple D based on how they performed against the singular best defense they faced, but that is not what I would choose to do.

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
I wonder if CGC will allow his D.C./OC to address the media? On one hand I can see it in order to control "the message " to the media/fan base but I would have found it informative to have had access to aWoody's thoughts/strategies/perceptions of what he was working on or the adjustments he was addressing as the season progressed.

I believe that same kind of information could be useful as well transition into new schemes on both sides of the ball.

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
I got
DC/Linebackers Thacker
Corners Burton
?? Inside Linebackers Knight
So that leaves DL & Safeties.
Didn't CGC say he would assist with he D , or was I dreaming ? He would be a good DL coach, amiright ? Both for coaching AND recruiting to the position.

Techster

Helluva Engineer

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Saban focuses on db’s too but he isn’t the position coach.

I mean, whether he has the title or not, he was still coaching the DBs. CGC made it a point to tell our DB recruits he would be personally working with them every day.

However you want to slice it, CGC will be our DB coach...if not on paper, then most definitely in reality.

slugboy

Staff member
Well GT defense as a whole can’t get any worse. Let’s see what the new guy can do. Welcome aboard.

That’s an evergreen post!
(Though not in the way we would hope)

I expect defense to improve. However, Temple is noted for feast or famine coverage. Opposing QBs either have a sub 80 QBR, or the floodgates open like they did against Duke and you see outrageous numbers posted. So, we have to fix the famine part.

Year 1 might be a transition (famine) year on defense (pure speculation on my part).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk