DC Hire

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Hopefully if man coverage is getting torched like against dook, our dc will be smart enough to switch to a Roof style prevent defense with zone coverage

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
That’s an evergreen post!
(Though not in the way we would hope)

I expect defense to improve. However, Temple is noted for feast or famine coverage. Opposing QBs either have a sub 80 QBR, or the floodgates open like they did against Duke and you see outrageous numbers posted. So, we have to fix the famine part.

Year 1 might be a transition (famine) year on defense (pure speculation on my part).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yeah I didn’t think Temple has really been impressive, but our FEI and S&P+ are both below rank 100. It would take a monumental effort to not improve soncidering how many young players we have.

slugboy

Staff member
Yeah I didn’t think Temple has really been impressive, but our FEI and S&P+ are both below rank 100. It would take a monumental effort to not improve soncidering how many young players we have.

Yeah, it’s gallows humor on my part, but we’ve hit new depths on defense and special teams when I thought it was impossible.

We’ve also been slow to pick up new defensive schemes, even though we’ve done it a lot.

Hopefully, the scheme and technique transitions go better this time than in recent memory. There are some non-scheme things that could have a big impact.

I think special teams will improve a lot, though. Some of the defensive coaches are also special teams coaches.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Oc is no good. Dont want him.

Dc i like a lot. We can take that whole staff and move andy mac to another spot

Goeff needs to be careful about oc imo
What don’t you like about the OC? I don’t like what he’s done at temple, but it’s been said he hasn’t had guys there to run what he wants. He’s more of a spread option guy and his personnel at Temple was more based for a power set.

jacketjp

Georgia Tech Fan
What don’t you like about the OC? I don’t like what he’s done at temple, but it’s been said he hasn’t had guys there to run what he wants. He’s more of a spread option guy and his personnel at Temple was more based for a power set.

Why would you like the OC? He's 50 and only has 3 years of experience as an OC at the FBS level with mediocre results. Outside of Coastal Carolina, he has spent his entire career coaching at small schools in the NE. With an hour of free time, and I could come up with 50 other candidates that bring more to the table either in terms of demonstrated success as an OC, better track record as a recruiter, and/or stronger experience at the FBS level.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Why would you like the OC? He's 50 and only has 3 years of experience as an OC at the FBS level with mediocre results. Outside of Coastal Carolina, he has spent his entire career coaching at small schools in the NE. With an hour of free time, and I could come up with 50 other candidates that bring more to the table either in terms of demonstrated success as an OC, better track record as a recruiter, and/or stronger experience at the FBS level.
I’m not a big fan, I was just wondering what 33 didn’t like.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
His Coastal Carolina offenses weren’t exactly great either imo. They have bloated total offense number because they had 12-13 drives a game. They weren’t bad, but they didn’t set the world afire either.
Yea, I haven’t wanted this hire from the get go. I was just wondering. I’ve been wanting more of a “splash hire” or a guy like the CO OC from Clemson who is the QB coach, he doesn’t call plays (has before) but is a high upside guy imo.