Dave Patenaude's Offense

TheFlyest

Ramblin' Wreck
Shaq Mason is a once in a generation talent, and Parker Braun has become a whipping boy for Texas fans and is now fallen out of the conversation of getting drafted.

I was just about to inform him Braun didn’t have the best year. Also Shaq took a year to completely develop for NE. I don’t see a Shaq on this roster either. In a decade of coaching all they can hang their hats on is Shaq. It’s a pointless convo.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I sure hope we don't try to run our generic offense. We need to do some different and unexpected stuff against the DWAGs. Might as well do something they don't expect. We are totally over matched on the OL and DL.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I sure hope we don't try to run our generic offense. We need to do some different and unexpected stuff against the DWAGs. Might as well do something they don't expect. We are totally over matched on the OL and DL.

They'd be shocked if we showed up with a full-house backfield. Extra blocking for the post pattern to Ahmarean Brown.

Need to onside kick just once. When unexpected, it has about a 60% rate of success. Worth a shot.

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. He still has to prove it on the field at some point, but I don't think it's fair to judge him on this year alone (or maybe next year if I'm being honest).

This is about how I feel, though I do expect some improvement for next year with our guys having gotten 1 season under their belts in the new system. Then more improvement as the guys recruited expressly for this system mature. Some more transfer OL could help.

One thing I do like. When I hear CDP interviewed and he explains what he is trying to accomplish, how he is handling things, etc., I understand him well and it sounds smart. Whether he can coach is so we execute it effectively remains to be seen.

I understand why folks are upset, and they could ultimately be proved right. That said I dont see what all the complaining accomplishes.

slugboy

Staff member

Would like to see Patenaude's offense with a full compliment of OLs and skill players. We forget he broke offensive records at every coaching stop. I expect to see a more efficient and explosive offense next year.

You got a similar source for basketball? Love seeing the videos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scubapro

Banned

Would like to see Patenaude's offense with a full compliment of OLs and skill players. We forget he broke offensive records at every coaching stop. I expect to see a more efficient and explosive offense next year.

He had two decent years at Coastal Carolina other than than he has been mediocre at best...Yes complaining doest accomplish anything....I hope he is a resounding success here at Tech ...I just think it's very unlikely.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
He had two decent years at Coastal Carolina other than than he has been mediocre at best...Yes complaining doest accomplish anything....I hope he is a resounding success here at Tech ...I just think it's very unlikely.

Gimme this mediocre offense then
F093BAC5-27FE-4090-88E4-A19C3ED3E6AD.jpeg

661CC077-CFDD-4A19-B53C-93B3A94660A5.jpeg

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
For me, the "jury" is still out on P'naude. I thought the year seemed ragged, with no progressing timeline on Offense. "Fits and Starts". The multiple sets and variations seemed to confuse our guys more than the other team. In hindsight, with limited manpower , in a transition year, a very simplified offense would have gradually improved over the year with repitition , if nothing else. Next year better be a step up.... UNLESS the entire year was just " practice for next year".

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Remember when CPJ came in and many of us said "Wait until CPJ gets HIS guys for his offense..."? A lot of us said it for many years.

Let's wait until Patenaude gets more of "his" guys into his system. We've got a top 10 four star dual threat QB signed, two 4 star WRs signed (another highly possible for February), and a 4 star RB committed. Our OLs are getting bigger, longer, and more in the mold of what our staff wants. This is just the staff's FIRST full recruiting class.

My hope is we'll see a more coherent and efficient offense that makes strides every game. The talent is building for us to be better than 2019.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
This was 2018 at Temple

I believe that CDP can be successful here, and am not calling for him to go, but his offense at Temple was ranked 94th in 2017 and 58th in 2018 in OFEI, so kind of mediocre. That being said, he was trending up and didn't really have time to prove his worth. If we give him a chance I think we will be pleased, but right now neither CGC or CDP have been anywhere long enough to get a good reading on future success based on their statistics at any one school. We just have to trust that TStan did his homework when he hired CGC (I do) and trust CGC to hire his staff (I do) and wait for the new recruits to populate the system. There are no shortcuts.