Darren Waller

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
Saying Smelter is going to be better than Julio Jones is more than a huge reach right now, and I think Smelter will be good in the NFL.

SwarmArmy

Ramblin' Wreck
Mike Smith used to be in attendance for Tech's pro-day in the past. So if DQ (Quinning!) will make an appearance at Tech's pro-day this year, maybe Smelter can impress him and Shanahan and CPJ puts in a word, we could see Smelter in red and black this year.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
It's not going to far out on that limb to say Smelter will not be undrafted. Late, most probably, but teams that are interested see the upside and his great success in limited playing time in a limited passing offense, and won't take a chance. Shoot, they will draft somebody out of the jailhouse, won't they?

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
DeAndre needs to focus on his knee this year. He didn't have surgery until December for crying out loud. He isn't going to be better than anybody, White, Jones or otherwise. He will go on to have a good career, albeit after a little later start. The last thing he needs to do is rush it.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Ugh.

Some here may be old enough to remember that the original falcon uniform had gold trim because they wanted to honor both uga and Tech with the uniform. Not they look like a division of the bulldwag franchise.
9585595461.jpg

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Lord, I wish I had a graphic sense. The other day the legendary Cleveland Browns announced they were changing their logos on helmets, etc., and mainly it was to use a lot more orange and less brown, you know, the founder. The Plain Dealer had a wonderful, fall down laughing cartoon with, among others, Goofy and Pluto, on the helment. This reflecting the Browns' "Dog Pound". Imagine one of those on this helmet for our beloved U of GA.

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
Julio is WAY overrated IMO. Roddy is old and falls down too much. Wish they would pick up Smelter and let Julio go or trade him for valuable pieces. I'd rather have Smelter for future value purposes. He's gonna be a good one

Are you saying this because he's injury prone? Because when he is healthy, he is in the elite category. Only guys I would put ahead of him are Calvin, Baybay, and Dez. His combination of size, power and speed are very rare.

Smelter is a stud, no question and I would take him healthy over Roddy for sure. He is a great number 2 guy in the NFL and a great 3rd down receiver but he doesn't have the ability to take the top off a defense like Julio does. I think he will be very successful in the NFL but there is no need to say Julio is way overrated to make that point.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
If someone had said that about Bay Bay in March 2010, many would've said the same thing. Would they have been crazy...
If we don't stop referring to him as Bay Bay the next time he is in Atlanta he is going to beat somebody up. Now he can afford to pay damages.