Damon Stoudamire

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Oof. So, if Im hearing you right, you're basically saying peac is basically a late-30's pitcher still tryna go out there are rely on his fading fastball?

Even though all he can do is squeeze real hard and poot one over the plate at about 82 mph so he's getting hammer'd every night?

Is that basically what you're saying? That's harsh, NE stinger.
You are quick, unlike….

ChristoGT

Jolly Good Fellow
Dang, I'd still love to be able to throw 82.

Of course, my 60-ish knuckler was all I really ever had.

I was clocked at 98 on my tennis serve recently, so that's something.

tbglover

Ramblin' Wreck
There's a story on The Athletic about the Boston Celtics season with a focus on Joe Mazzulsa. CDS and his role on the staff is mentioned in it.

Beyond Udoka, the Celtics staff faced a depletion of talent that raised the difficulty of Mazzulla’s job. Will Hardy took over as Utah Jazz head coach in June and turned them into one of the NBA’s biggest surprises. Multiple team sources both on the roster and the staff said Stoudamire’s departure to lead Georgia Tech in March left a significant void in the team’s leadership structure. He was known for having a good feel for when and how to talk to players, understand their motivations, and pull from his own experiences when making recommendations for how the team should operate.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Talk about a win-win. We get a great coach and we stick it to the Massholes at the same time

Season 3 Episode 304 GIF by Rick and Morty

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Talk about a win-win. We get a great coach and we stick it to the Massholes at the same time
Whoa whoa, while I agree with the insult, the lovely people of the Pine Tree State are now suffering due to this loss on the heels of the embarrassment that is the Bruins.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Whoa whoa, while I agree with the insult, the lovely people of the Pine Tree State are now suffering due to this loss on the heels of the embarrassment that is the Bruins.
I had not thought about Maine suffering, but, you are right, all of New England pulls for Boston teams.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I had not thought about Maine suffering, but, you are right, all of New England pulls for Boston teams.
The Bruins are the babes that New England cheers for

It actually took me living in Raleigh to appreciate the NHL. Once you sit in suites and rub……elbows with the storm chasers it’s pretty wasy

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
The Bruins are the babes that New England cheers for

It actually took me living in Raleigh to appreciate the NHL. Once you sit in suites and rub……elbows with the storm chasers it’s pretty wasy
Yep, I’ve lived in both Maine and Massachusetts and visited everywhere in between. First time I saw highway department signs flashing “go Red Sox” or “Go Bruins,” I realized New Englanders have a lot of pride of place. My daughter was almost overcome emotionally when she was riding on a subway under Boston Gardens and could hear the Celtic fans chanting. Chicago and Detroit have great sports fans but Boston may top them all.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Yep, I’ve lived in both Maine and Massachusetts and visited everywhere in between. First time I saw highway department signs flashing “go Red Sox” or “Go Bruins,” I realized New Englanders have a lot of pride of place. My daughter was almost overcome emotionally when she was riding on a subway under Boston Gardens and could hear the Celtic fans chanting. Chicago and Detroit have great sports fans but Boston may top them all.
They have a good gig going. Great ownership across the board because the customers are great. They spend money, they have well supported teams with good home field advantage, and they win constantly.

Atlanta sports fans will turn on their team at the first sight of struggle. I’d still be blaming our fans had we lost that Duke football game last season - losers mentality permeated the entire stadium for the 4th quarter and overtime. I was sitting right behind the Duke bench and they were feasting on it. Coach Key had the players really locked in to close that win down. We are a fanbase who would rather act like victims and try to prove we’re correct than win games.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
They have a good gig going. Great ownership across the board because the customers are great. They spend money, they have well supported teams with good home field advantage, and they win constantly.

Atlanta sports fans will turn on their team at the first sight of struggle. I’d still be blaming our fans had we lost that Duke football game last season - losers mentality permeated the entire stadium for the 4th quarter and overtime. I was sitting right behind the Duke bench and they were feasting on it. Coach Key had the players really locked in to close that win down. We are a fanbase who would rather act like victims and try to prove we’re correct than win games.
Boston is a Pro town that has had teams way before TV took over broadcasts. Atlanta is still a college town with Pro teams. Very different circumstances that developed the fan bases.

BurdellJacket

Jolly Good Fellow

Wonder if it's possible to have a Swarm thread that does not degenerate into a constant harangue of how intolerably poor our fans are. After a while you start thinking the fonts may be UGA moles?

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Wonder if it's possible to have a Swarm thread that does not degenerate into a constant harangue of how intolerably poor our fans are. After a while you start thinking the fonts may be UGA moles?
Our fans aren't poor. More often, they choose to not supply resources, adamantly informing us of such, while also setting expectations higher than where that lack of resources would see results.