CPJ sez...

TechTravis

Ramblin' Wreck
A player on that team told me some things about the halftime speech in 2008 in Athens. He said it was "Pure Johnson."

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
His relationship in that regard with the Press is still a work in progress.

Aside from the sports talk radio yahoos and maybe one or two AJC folks, it's better than people think. What hurts him a little bit is he doesn't have the time now to do a lot of one on ones or one on two and threes interviews where his sense of humor and insight can really come out.

Blumpkin Souffle

Bidly Biddington III
interesting... I had mono as a child and my snot was that color.
I didn't get mono until college, you were way ahead of the curve!

My favorite CPJ quote was from a personal interaction I had with him on campus before I graduated. Walking to the library I saw him walking from the practice field over to the stadium, and I struck up a conversation about how practice was going. We chatted for a minute until we got to Peters where we went our separate ways. He says "Welp it was nice meeting you, I'm Paul." Yeah, I know.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
If CPJ thinks a player is going to do well he says " he knows where to go". If he is forced to say something about how well somebody played he says "he made some plays".
I do not know what he says if you do not play well because it is likely not printable. But I believe as he says he has a personal relationship with each SA and they know what it means and how to take it. His relationship in that regard with the Press is still a work in progress. Its great to have a coach with ethics and personality. Like most of us raised in the South his wordsmith is somewhat unique.
And sometimes he will say of a player, "He knows what he needs to work on."

bartoma

Jolly Good Fellow
You all have more screenshots of CPJ getting in player's faces? I'm 51, but I can still imagine what it's like to be a 20 year old kid and have that man get up in your face that way - must really get their attention...

Architorture23

Jolly Good Fellow
I think we can all figure out what he is saying right here

Fe4hV.jpg