CPJ sez...

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
I want to hear what @Ibeeballin has to contribute to this...

My favorite of his was on a radio show and a dude called in to Bark.

CPJ follows it with "Hello? Hello? He just got off a walmart phone."

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
How can this go without being listed -
About a week after the 2009 loss to UGA -
"Get a thick skin. Guy giving you a hard time and you get tired of it, punch him in the face..."

Granted it was tongue in cheek during an interview a week or two after the game, but boy did that one grow some legs or what!

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
How can this go without being listed -
About a week after the 2009 loss to UGA -
"Get a thick skin. Guy giving you a hard time and you get tired of it, punch him in the face..."

Granted it was tongue in cheek during an interview a week or two after the game, but boy did that one grow some legs or what!
There was that story he related as a HS basketball coach in NC when he threatened to "knock you out" talking to a referee. Don't want to mess with western NC mountain people.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I still love what he said a couple of weeks ago about guys getting the boot from other programs because of domestic violence/assault charges and transferring to other schools.
Yes!
I too don't remember the exact quote but in essence he was saying that the ACC did not need a special transfer rule because the ACC doesn't allow criminals to stay in their programs. It was both hilarious in the way he worded it but also so completely accurate and on point it made the sportswriter look kind of stupid for even asking the question.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Yes!
I too don't remember the exact quote but in essence he was saying that the ACC did not need a special transfer rule because the ACC doesn't allow criminals to stay in their programs. It was both hilarious in the way he worded it but also so completely accurate and on point it made the sportswriter look kind of stupid for even asking the question.
"We don't have that problem, I don't think," Johnson said. "We can't get them in school anyway. I've never had that problem accepting kids with serious misconduct problems."

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Yes!
at least not without a court order...

TheGridironGeek

Jolly Good Fellow
"Ladies, I'd like to invite you to come visit the incredibly lonely Brandon Gaudin."

Maybe someone can help....There's a post-COFH interview from 2014 that was online somewhere, and I can't find it. Everyone is familiar with the "Sometimes that high-school offense helps you" post-game interview on YT. But during another one the same week, Johnson completely lost his guard talking about the play where JT was hit in mid-air by 500+ lbs of UGA and still made an immaculate jump-pitch for a big gain.

You could feel the admiration and respect for JT. CPJ began by smiling sheepishly and saying "It was purdy, wadn't it?" and said JT welcomes having multiple defenders coming to hit him on the pitch, because "That eliminates 'em."

I'd love to find that interview again if anyone knows the one I'm talking about.

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
1st one that pops in my head:
"We're an option team and can't even run the ball the length of my #€£*"

That was a locker room halftime talk, right? Someone told me that but I always thought it was too good to be true.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Maybe it's been discussed and I missed it but what is the relationship between Dr Jacket and CPJ?
That's kind of a bridge too far, don't you think? It doesn't seem quite right to ask that which hasn't been volunteered, and there are probably dozens of reasons for any relationship. I just appreciate any insight into Johnson's personality, aside from that pugnacious fight-me-for-it image. (Though personally, that ain't a bad one.)

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
That's kind of a bridge too far, don't you think? It doesn't seem quite right to ask that which hasn't been volunteered, and there are probably dozens of reasons for any relationship. I just appreciate any insight into Johnson's personality, aside from that pugnacious fight-me-for-it image. (Though personally, that ain't a bad one.)
So what you're saying is we should never ask questions? Everything should just be said voluntarily?

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
So what you're saying is we should never ask questions? Everything should just be said voluntarily?
Basically in this instance. But tell you what. There is a PM feature to this site, or so I'm told, though I have no idea where it is or how to use it, but if somebody is interested they could message him directly and it would be up to him. Seems most appropriate to me, anyway.

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
For the same reason many of you choose to remain anonymous, I need to do the same. I'm sorry to leave you curious. My world intersected with the Johnsons about a year after he came to Ga Tech. Let's say that my work is not football-related.

A friendship slowly evolved. In the tougher years, we really dug in even closer to lend support. Most Monday nights, for instance, you'll find us at the radio show in Midtown. We started that the week after the home loss to Middle Tennessee State. Wanted to put friendly faces in the audience. We kept on going because we enjoy it so much, though.

My wife and I enjoy our time with them, and wouldn't betray confidences for anything. When we are with them, sometimes we don't talk about football at all. More about life and family. Other times, when he gets started, the football stories may go on for hours. The tales from the recruiting trail are hilarious. They are generous and good people, you should know.

Following Georgia Tech football more closely, as a result, has become a passion that has added richness to our lives. So, with that said-- let the sound bites flow on!