CPJ needs to be fired

BootsCostMoney

Georgia Tech Fan
Showing your ignorance there. Played in state last year and went to 3rd round this year.

AAAA is watered down. 3 of the final four teams this year are private schools from Atlanta. Thomson and BC played nobody all year except each other and then the 3 teams they played in the playoffs. And I know Burke County is weak cause I live there, went there all season, and watched Marist spread-option them to death last night. Nice try. Who are you, Luther Welsh’s grandson or something?

Eli

Helluva Engineer
PJ and his offense largely get a bad rep because we are not good in some games and we are almost always mediocre in the passing game. Generally, I happen to love the offense for the most part and I find it incredibly frustrating that PJ has refused to evolve into more of a valid passing attack. He has hitched his wagon in the passing game on relying on having to have a stud WR to have anything even resembling a competent passing game. If he wants to have some improvement in recruiting all he would have to do is try to get rid of the stigma associated with the offense by diversifying a little. Not a lot, just a little. But it is what it is. He's going to win or go down doing the same thing.

Agree 100 %

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I disagree ronjohn never felt that way till I stayed on this board for awhile.

What part do you disagree with? Every school should be a school first and have athletics as a extra-curricular activity. The only priority of the academic side of the school should be academics. They should look out ONLY for academics. No school should let athletes breeze through to make athletics better. I have seen high school kids who were great athletes that were allowed to skate through to ensure their eligibility. In my opinion, that is a complete disgrace. It is a horrible thing to do to the kid. It is even more horrible that the teachers and administrators do to that to keep middle aged men happy on Friday nights while the kid is completely unprepared for life afterwords. Colleges that have trash degrees to keep athletes eligible do the same thing. Keep the middle aged men happy on Saturday at the expense of the great majority of football players who will not get an NFL contract. My opinion about keeping the academic side of the school difficult, and separated from athletics has absolutely zero to do with an elitist attitude and everything to do with what I consider to be a moral issue of treatment of the student-athletes.

Oh yeah animal that’s gonna get fans in the stands. Realize as I have been told many times on here most of our alumni are NOT football fans. I’ll keep beating the drum of we need sidewalk fans but for some reason alumni feel we are beneath them.
You are probably right, but I sure don't feel that way, nor do any other Tech alums whom I personally know. We all want to fill the stands, no matter who those people are.

No a school should have an emphasis on academics. But to read what’s put on here. It’s like a tech degree is the only degree there is . That I disagree with.

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
I have reached out to Stansbury , hopefully I can get a conversation with him. I am 27 going on 28 and Tech is lucky to have did hard fans like myself after the Gailey years. I Stuck with them and it's in my blood now. My point of age was , Tech lacks " Swag" we lack energy and excitement. I have a few ideas that helped my high school team. Our little small town of 15,000 buzzes on Friday nights.

Sorry bud. There's nothing else going on in your town of 15000 beside a high school football game and late night runs to the 24 hr Walmart.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
And whose fault is that? The other teams in the league have added support staff and facilities. GTAA is having a huge fundraiser this week and so far less than 300 people have donated. The athletic department will not have the money to compete with the other schools unless the game step up and help them.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I agree with you. My point was to the poster who said, basically, that we shouldn’t be down on the program because the rest of the league has improved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most are going to think I'm nuts. But at 55,000 our Stadium is too large for our fan base. Face facts the only time we sell out is uga , Clemson , or someone like ND. When we were at 46,000 or 48,000 even the bad games we had 44,000. 44,000 looks better in a stadium the seats 46,000 then one that seats 55,000. It could give us back our home field and looks better to recruits and on TV. Yes I know you can take down part of the stadium but want you could do is take out the bench seats and put chair seats to give the fans more room. Don't know about Y'all and maybe I'm too fat but my big bottom don't fit in the 30 inches they give us now. And who knows maybe they could add $5 to the price of the tickets if people were comfor
TStan offered a plan (suggestion) to convert part of the upper north to a pavilion area. That would decrease the number of seats plus add something new that might appeal to fans. I'm all for it. I agree that as things stand now, the stadium is just too large.

GTfan4Life

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm a sidewalk fan with season tickets thats sits among other sidewalk fans with season tickets. I am not sure your assertion is correct.

Where are your seats? Just asking as a sidewalk fan who has moved back to Atlanta and is looking forward to having season tickets for my third season next year.

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
If some alumni feel it lessens their degree to offer more opportunities to other majors. Yep that’s an elitist I’m better than you attitude.

You can call it elitist or whatever you want. It's about protecting the value of what alums fought so hard to achieve.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
No a school should have an emphasis on academics. But to read what’s put on here. It’s like a tech degree is the only degree there is . That I disagree with.

And I haven't seen quite that. I have seen discussions about Stanford that say:

Stanford has some very good degrees, but they also have some degrees that even their own student body considers almost laughable.
GT has no such almost laughable degrees. Even the business school is in the top 30 in the country.

That discussion does not say that a GT degree is the only degree in the world. It does say that every degree from GT is a respected degree.

A Love Supreme

Ramblin' Wreck
Can't try something for one year. Needs to be something that evolves over time

It didn't work out very well that year after people were criticizing CPJ the years before for not changing the offense. He went back to the basics and then we had the great 2014 season. I'm just tired of people on here saying CPJ never changes and is so stubborn. We've had great success with this offense.