CPJ needs to be fired

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Lane Kiffin isn't a great guy but dude can coach. He would use us to get a bigger job though if he won here.

Who cares. If a coach gets a better job after winning here, that proves it can be done and there ARE coaches out there that would like to make multiple millions per year.

We did better after curry left. After BossRoss, homer screwed up by insisting on hiring someone with HC experience and flavor of the month. GO’L better than b.l. ccg hired by brainless. CPJ better than ccg. We can do better than CPJ.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Ok. Here are the facts.

Gregory buyout ends april 2018
Hewitt is owed 1.6 million. His buyout is 800k a year ending in 2019.

So. We are more clear in 2018. And clear in 2019. Addidas money will clear both next year.
IMO we ride w coach and let him finish his contract. We will only know if we want more T O if we give it coach his full term.
His legacy is will t o work, y. Or n

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Alot of our fans are too stubborn as well
Like you?? Holy **** man GIVE IT A BREAK. CPJ is on the hot seat in my eyes and next year will determine whether or not he should stay or go. I'm not satisfied with this year or 2015, but you are so emotional that you're completely ignoring the financial side of things. TStan is getting money, but that money is not going towards firing and hiring a new head coach. It is going towards new and more assistants along with updated facilities. This thread needs to be shut down because CPJ is getting one more year whether you like it or not.

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
Time for some introspection in the program. Time to look for some changes to do things better.

An even better time for fans to reflect on themselves. The lack of support. You were embarrassed today? Biggest reason for that emotion was what was represented in the stands today, not on the field despite how poor that performance was.

There is a small number of hardcore Tech fans that represent through thick and thin. It is a decided minority. I tip my cap to them. The rest represent a quitter mentality that deserves contempt only.

The number of Tech fans in the stands today was pathetic. The noise they made, even in the first half, was weak.

What decent recruits would choose Tech over any of our rivals? Only those wishing to pursue engineering degrees. No others. We are pretty much on par with Duke and Wake in that regard. Congrats.
Yep. Agreed on all points. The success of every program begins with its fans. We don’t have many, and the ones we do have are spoiled and entitled.

Our coaches probably didn’t meet expectations this year, but for people complaining, maybe look in the mirror first.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Like you?? Holy **** man GIVE IT A BREAK. CPJ is on the hot seat in my eyes and next year will determine whether or not he should stay or go. I'm not satisfied with this year or 2015, but you are so emotional that you're completely ignoring the financial side of things. TStan is getting money, but that money is not going towards firing and hiring a new head coach. It is going towards new and more assistants along with updated facilities. This thread needs to be shut down because CPJ is getting one more year whether you like it or not.
(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Time for some introspection in the program. Time to look for some changes to do things better.

An even better time for fans to reflect on themselves. The lack of support. You were embarrassed today? Biggest reason for that emotion was what was represented in the stands today, not on the field despite how poor that performance was.

There is a small number of hardcore Tech fans that represent through thick and thin. It is a decided minority. I tip my cap to them. The rest represent a quitter mentality that deserves contempt only.

The number of Tech fans in the stands today was pathetic. The noise they made, even in the first half, was weak.

What decent recruits would choose Tech over any of our rivals? Only those wishing to pursue engineering degrees. No others. We are pretty much on par with Duke and Wake in that regard. Congrats.

Exactly, as I keep pointing out. Tech is sorta stuck right now and those the fail to see that I can't help. Want to help the team, come to the games make some noise help the momentum. Other schools can do this no problem even on down years.

Ill keep saying this, changes need to be made for sure, but its more than a coaching issues, its a core GT issue.
Very few recruits come to GT to go to the NFL, they go to GT because they want a good degree. So many Tech athletes look at academics first, athletics second and thats not a bad thing.
Also what about the funding for additional assistants / coaches. We are at the bottom when it comes to that.
What reason would a recruit have to go to Tech over Georgia even if we ran a pro style offense? Its about that degree because we can't offer them a guaranteed spot in the NFL or a sold out stadium to play under.

A new coach will only do so much, they are still handicapped by the above issues.

I just hope Jacob and others see this, some of us want changes as well, but its more than just replace CPJ

jacob

Banned
True

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
I think people are more mad that you aren't really giving good reason to get rid of CPJ.

We've had our second losings season in 3 years and 3rd losing regular season in the last 6. Defense has shown the same weaknesses his entire tenure here, despite multiple defensive coordinators. We haven't won a majority of our ACC games in 3 years, something that happened just once in his first 7. Lastly, the biggest reason for the hire, that his offense negates the disadvantages we have, doesn't really seem to hold true anymore.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Um that's because 17 -19 is awful. You can't defend that
It's funny, you brought T Stan up as an excuse of how he's raising money so the record shouldnt be that bad (17-19). How can you bring someone up that has only been here a year but use the record over three seasons? Like I said, if you were a manager how would you like to be told you need to raise the sales by 10 percent but you were not allowed to hire who you wanted and your competitors were given better resources than you. Please answer this instead of ignoring it or giving a cop out answer of T Stan is helping. How can that be a valid answer when he's only been here ONE year? It's hard to justify T Stan being here one year and saying because of that things should be better.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Duke is a brand. Georgia Tech is not. No matter how hard you want it to be either. Duke has put a lot more money into their athletic program that GT is willing too. They’ve got good players and good coaches too. Not everybody wants to be an engineer (and I’m an engineer saying this). Duke has a lot to offer their recruits.

We have added majors having nothing to do with engineering. Compare our curriculum to the 50s, 60s and 70s for example.