CPJ needs to be fired

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
People here are defending a 17 - 19 record hahahahahaha
No, people are saying you can't blame someone when he's given no resources. How would you like to be a manager at a company, the owner tells you to hire an assistant manager and that sells need to go up 10% the next year. You find the guy you want to hire and your boss says that guy is to expensive, so you go find someone else to hire for less. You only go up 5% in sales that next year. Is that your fault that your boss limited you compared to what your competitors have so they can make better sales?

Heisman1215

Jolly Good Fellow
Folks we just need to drink the CPJ love drink and just be happy to see the Rambling Wreck lead the team on the field. And maybe next year we can make it to a bowl game. But if not CPJ is going to fix it.
They promise

jacob

Banned
No, people are saying you can't blame someone when he's given no resources. How would you like to be a manager at a company, the owner tells you to hire an assistant manager and that sells need to go up 10% the next year. You find the guy you want to hire and your boss says that guy is to expensive, so you go find someone else to hire for less. You only go up 5% in sales that next year. Is that your fault that your boss limited you compared to what your competitors have so they can make better sales?
I believe Tstan is helping with the recruting and all the other stuff so we shouldn't be satisfied with 17-19.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Jacob no is defending the 17-19 record.. We all know changes need to be made.
Ill say this again. Coach has 3 more years on his contract at 1mil per year. We don't have 3 mil to spend on a buy out + hiring a new coach. Tstan might be working his magic, but I doubt he can raise that much.
Also all coaches will come in with a handicap at Tech whether its budget or academics. This all predates CPJ, no one is happy about this, but it is what is.

The best option now is either keep CPJ and have him clean house on coaching, push him to adapt his offense, give him more money towards the program and see what he can do with that.
OR push him towards retirement and find a young coach willing to grow the program and willing to stick it out, but dont start him with the above handicaps. Our first year or so might be sucky but we can get there.
We got lucky on CPJs first year as not many had faced his offense, won't have that kind of luck with a traditional offense.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I believe Tstan is helping with the recruting and all the other stuff so we shouldn't be satisfied with 17-19.
I'm not satisfied but this is T stans first year so shouldn't you be bringing up the years of T stan and not before? Shouldnt CPJ do better with better recruiting since T Stan is helping? If so why not give him time with the better resources he JUST NOW getting. Can we realistically expect it to happen over the first year of T Stan?

northgajacket

Banned
Ill say this again. Coach has 3 more years on his contract at 1mil per year. We don't have 3 mil to spend on a buy out + hiring a new coach. Tstan might be working his magic, but I doubt he can raise that much.
Also all coaches will come in with a handicap at Tech weather its budget or academics. This all predates CPJ, no one is happy about this, but it is what is.

The best option now is either keep CPJ and have him clean house on coaching, push him to adapt his offense, give him more money towards the program and see what he can do with that.
OR push him towards retirement and find a young coach willing to grow the program and willing to stick it out, but dont start him with the above handicaps. Our first year or so might be sucky but we can get there.
We got lucky on CPJs first year as not many had faced his offense, won't have that kind of like with a traditional offense.

I dont think he is going to clean house.

jacob

Banned
Also all coaches will come in with a handicap at Tech whether its budget or academics. This all predates CPJ, no one is happy about this, but it is what is.

We got lucky on CPJs first year as not many had faced his offense, won't have that kind of like with a traditional offense.
Um people are definetely defending that awful record. So many ppl here are so in love with CPJ that they can't admit we need to move on

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
No one is happy with 5 wins, but if you saw what Paul had to work with this year you’d understand. I️ Love TaQuon but he’s not a QB. Tech does not have an ACC caliber QB on it’s roster. Before you say anything about Lucas Johnson, he was a 2 Star heading to San Deigo st. Before Tech came into the picture, so he’s not ACC Caliber. Also Tech played all year with 1 BB. Paul refused to give Jerry a chance for whatever reason that was. The OLine was supposed to be Paul’s best ever but we thought wrong. Felt like the Wide receivers quit on their routes early because they couldn’t trust their QB to make a throw. Defense was up and down, and because of that Ted will be fired, I’m going to Miss the Austin’s and Corey but we have guys better than them ready to take that spot. Whether it’s Johnson Campbell, or the freshman Kerr, Askew, Swilling. I️ feel like at some times we played players because of experience not because of their ability. (Brant shouldn’t have been on the field, Bruce is a better player with a higher ceiling)
The most frustrating part of the season is how we handled RedShirting players. We burned Jaytlin’s, Jaquan’s, Tariq’s, Td’s, for what? Special Teams? made no sense to me.
Don't get lulled into thinking we have better players in the pipeline. That's just wishful thinking, IMO. They are good SAs and players, but not good enough to be more than an average team.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Um people are definetely defending that awful record. So many ppl here are so in love with CPJ that they can't admit we need to move on
All people are saying is the school is not helping or setting CPJ up to be successful, much like the other coaches before CPJ.

Now that we have T Stan that might change, but it won't happen after one year, it will take time. You giving a record over three years is unfair to do when you are using TStan as a reason why that record should be better when he hasn't even been here for those three years.

chewybaka

Ramblin' Wreck
There is one coach I would take over PJ, Matt Canada. He's younger, experienced and has proven himself as an offensive genius. I think PJ will call it quits soon, he's very frustrated with GT and I wouldn't be surprised if he leaves and starts over at another school. I love the option but the players we have just cannot run it well. ST & O-line coaches need to get the boot for sure though.

We have special teams coaches?...

I would think not one of our coordinators would admit to that on their resumes...their performance is appalling!

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
People here are defending a 17 - 19 record hahahahahaha
No matter how much you hate it CPJ is not getting fired this season. I'd venture to say you'd have to sit thru at least another season of what we endured this year. So aside from venting, why start this thread? I'm not happy with what I've seen but message board frustrations won't change that. CPJ's players graduate and beat ugag with more consistency than we've seen in nearly 2 decades. ***** and moan all you want, he's our coach.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Isnt hewitt contract bought out and gregory done soon or next year?

I thought hewitt was paid out by now. Point being. These loads are off the books next year i believe. Or maybe one year left. I think we paid hewitt off early.

jacob

Banned
No matter how much you hate it CPJ is not getting fired this season. I'd venture to say you'd have to sit thru at least another season of what we endured this year. So aside from venting, why start this thread? I'm not happy with what I've seen but message board frustrations won't change that. CPJ's players graduate and beat ugag with more consistency than we've seen in nearly 2 decades. ***** and moan all you want, he's our coach.
Sadly you're probably right. He will most likely get another year