CPJ needs to be fired

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Um people are definetely defending that awful record. So many ppl here are so in love with CPJ that they can't admit we need to move on

I think its more people are being realistic. You gotta remember there are a lot of Alum on here that have been through the Chan years or further. You have to look at the bigger picture here.
GT never has been a football factory, a lot has changed since 1990 and even during CPJs tenure.

Let me ask you this, do you agree or not that GT handicaps the football program or not?
What about the fans in the stadium..when was the last time we sold out the stadium. Remember even schools like Georgia or Clemson even when they are down still sell out the stadium. Thats what recruits want, not what we have

What coach would do better at Tech than CPJ with the current handicaps?

jacob

Banned
I think its more people are being realistic. You gotta remember there are a lot of Alum on here that have been through the Chan years or further. You have to look at the bigger picture here.
GT never has been a football factory, a lot has changed since 1990 and even during CPJs tenure.

Let me ask you this, do you agree or not that GT handicaps the football program or not?
What about the fans in the stadium..when was the last time we sold out the stadium. Remember even schools like Georgia or Clemson even when they are down still sell out the stadium. Thats what recruits want, not what we have
What's fascinating to me is that when you watch the games in the Gailey years the attendance seemed way better and the stadium seemed to be actually full. With CPJ you can't say that most of the time

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Ok. Here are the facts.

Gregory buyout ends april 2018
Hewitt is owed 1.6 million. His buyout is 800k a year ending in 2019.

So. We are more clear in 2018. And clear in 2019. Addidas money will clear both next year.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
What's fascinating to me is that when you watch the games in the Gailey years the attendance seemed way better and the stadium seemed to be actually full. With CPJ you can't say that most of the time

My first year at Tech was Gaileys last year. The year before I came up to a game or two. Attendance was just as bad as now, students then still showed up after the 1st quarter.
I get it people dont want to watch a down team, but why is it that other schools can sell out even when having a down year.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Tstan is getting us more money
We actually had many short to medium routes today, I just wish that would have happened all year.
The qb who is at least 1" shorter than listed at 5 10 can t see them . We throw ( and I say throw- not pass) to a prevailed area. 16 for 65 in 5 games. Name any qb with worst passing that has played 100% of downs

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Firing PJ isn't a logical option financially, please stop posting it. At least post things that can ACTUALLY be done, like getting rid of some of the assistants, which should happen.

The punk Sewak should have been gone long ago. Why is he still here? CPJ is incapable of making changes to help GT. He is more concerned with his O and his buddies than the team, the school, the fans, and the S/As.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Time for some introspection in the program. Time to look for some changes to do things better.

An even better time for fans to reflect on themselves. The lack of support. You were embarrassed today? Biggest reason for that emotion was what was represented in the stands today, not on the field despite how poor that performance was.

There is a small number of hardcore Tech fans that represent through thick and thin. It is a decided minority. I tip my cap to them. The rest represent a quitter mentality that deserves contempt only.

The number of Tech fans in the stands today was pathetic. The noise they made, even in the first half, was weak.

What decent recruits would choose Tech over any of our rivals? Only those wishing to pursue engineering degrees. No others. We are pretty much on par with Duke and Wake in that regard. Congrats.

northgajacket

Banned
Time for some introspection in the program. Time to look for some changes to do things better.

An even better time for fans to reflect on themselves. The lack of support. You were embarrassed today. Biggest reason for that emotion was what was represented in the stands today, not on the field despite how poor that performance was.

There is a small number of hardcore Tech fans that represent through thick and thin. It is a decided minority. I tip my cap to them. The rest represent a quitter mentality that deserves contempt only.

The number of Tech fans in the stands today was pathetic. The noise they made, even in the first half, was weak.

What decent recruits would choose Tech over any of our rivals? Only those wishing to pursue engineering degrees. No others. We are pretty much on par with Duke and Wake in that regard. Congrats.

There might be a reason why veryfew few fans are willing to go to games anymore.