CPJ 9AM Retirement Press Conference

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
CPJ Talks about how early season he was already in Talks with Tstan about how this wasn't fun for him anymore, had another meeting mid season and then one prior to the UGA game.
One can certainly understand you have to make yourself happy. Coach got us to an OB and beat the mutts a few times. Hope he enjoys a well-deserved retirement and/or finds a less stressful situation.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
Remember how coach kept saying a lot of people run their mouths and don’t know what the hell theyre talking about? I’m afraid that applies to some of the people here
Well right but that's what some fans do, it's not unique to Tech fans in general.

There is truly no consequence for fans being wrong. Our two cents aren't even really two cents.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
Some people are worried one of the factors in his decision to do this was because his seat was constantly warm because our fanbase didn’t like his offense. Not quite sure I believe it, but I also wouldn’t be shocked if there was some truth to it.

After watching the press conference, I don’t believe the fans had any factor in his decision.

sc jacket 22

Jolly Good Fellow
CPJ Talks about how early season he was already in Talks with Tstan about how this wasn't fun for him anymore, had another meeting mid season and then one prior to the UGA game.

To me, this was obvious during the Pitt game. That first half of football was the worst I've seen a Tech team look in a long time, and yet it seemed to me that CPJ was disengaged relative to his normal intensity. I even made the comment to my dad that I hoped he retired at the end of the season so this didn't turn into a Steve Spurrier at USCe situation.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
If TStan does a poor job looking for a new head coach it will be his turn to be on the hotseat
I fully trust TS to have had a list once PJ broke the "no fun" news. If TS didn't have one, he should leave immediately. No executive worth a darn doesn't have a plan when confronted with a possibility of this magnitude but I'm trusting he had this list.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Every potential hire watched this.
TSTAN may um in his speech pattern but he comes across as genuine, clear in his expectations . He conducts himself as a firm, fair, friendly manager. Most of what I heard from Coach is t stan listens. (Every game I watch t stan and coach visit on field during pre game---he sought out opportunity to listen. )

Very good first step in recruiting a head coach.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Does GT have a private jet or do they have to go commercial?
th