CPJ 9AM Retirement Press Conference

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
DUDE. SLOW. DOWN.

I LOOOOOOOVE CPJ, but we can win football games regardless of scheme. Hell, half the time CPJ couldn't get his own tenured players to run it right. RE-LAX. There are some great young coaches out there like App States and Troys. We have plenty of options (pardon the pun).

We were just at a very critical junction and needed one to two more years. I really don't think most people understand the true limitations Tech gives a head coach and how much worse it has gotten during CPJ's time-frame.

The odds are really stacked against us. I was hoping to improve them a little.

slugboy

Staff member
TStan is a speaker who "umms" when he talks, but that doesn't mean he's not prepared. It looks clear to me he's thought this through. He said he's going to "beat the bushes" for a coach, and he's looking for an "innovator" because it's in the DNA of the Institute.
No interviews/conversations with potential coaches yet. Todd's "been dark". There's always a "list in your brain".

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
We were just at a very critical junction and needed one to two more years. I really don't think most people understand the true limitations Tech gives a head coach and how much worse it has gotten during CPJ's time-frame.

Mountainbuzz, sometimes I go on and on, and posters like yourself word things succinctly , and that is much better. I have bolded what I believe a lot of younger fans and some older fans do not fully understand. There really has been a significant transition in the world of CFB just over the past 10 years or so. Many of these fans think we are "making up the limitations part", and I don't think they follow the part in bold at all. They just say "you are negative". But, these 2 items are facts, not just negative opinions.

Deleted member 2897

Yup. Most people, even Tech folks, don't realize that for over 50 years the University Board of Regents has tried to kill our athletics program, neuter it, and even neuter our Institute. And yes it goes on from there. Even Tech folks don't realize that RIGHT NOW, on November 29th, 2018, we spend the 2nd least on our sports programs of any team in the entire country. And we haven't even gotten to academics yet. We don't offer 1 single solitary Bachelor's of Arts degree. There is no Parks & Rec degree, Interdisciplinary Studies, General Studies, Underwater Basketweaving in the Middle Ages.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Mountainbuzz, sometimes I go on and on, and posters like yourself word things succinctly , and that is much better. I have bolded what I believe a lot of younger fans and some older fans do not fully understand. There really has been a significant transition in the world of CFB just over the past 10 years or so. Many of these fans think we are "making up the limitations part", and I don't think they follow the part in bold at all. They just say "you are negative". But, these 2 items are facts, not just negative opinions.

Also, they believe (and I actually hope they are right) that there is a "magical great young coach" out there that can overcome these things. If he is willing to take what the Institute can pay him, and he truly does bring us to 10 wins consistently (no one has ever done this since Dodd, and not even him, since there were less games played each season), then my guess is we have him 3-5 years, and then he is off to another, easier school to recruit and be successful at, but since I don't believe this magician exists, that should not be an issue (losing this coach for success reasons).

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
Yup. Most people, even Tech folks, don't realize that for over 50 years the University Board of Regents has tried to kill our athletics program, neuter it, and even neuter our Institute. And yes it goes on from there. Even Tech folks don't realize that RIGHT NOW, on November 29th, 2018, we spend the 2nd least on our sports programs of any team in the entire country. And we haven't even gotten to academics yet. We don't offer 1 single solitary Bachelor's of Arts degree. There is no Parks & Rec degree, Interdisciplinary Studies, General Studies, Underwater Basketweaving in the Middle Ages.

TStan has a big job ahead of him now. I really like him and this will show what he can do as an AD.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
I am really worried. Some of our "Fans" are about to set us back 10 years. I hope they are happy with the crap that is probably about to come. Think we were irrelevant before? Look at this exciting offense as we knock out 4-6 wins a year. I really wish I could step away from Tech football because I don't want to have to suffer the coming maelstrom, unless they hire one of CPJ's coaches. Monken would be good.

He's gone, man. Negativity solves nothing.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I am really worried. Some of our "Fans" are about to set us back 10 years. I hope they are happy with the crap that is probably about to come. Think we were irrelevant before? Look at this exciting offense as we knock out 4-6 wins a year. I really wish I could step away from Tech football because I don't want to have to suffer the coming maelstrom, unless they hire one of CPJ's coaches. Monken would be good.
:rolleyes: A bit of an overreaction:rolleyes:

Deleted member 2897

TStan has a big job ahead of him now. I really like him and this will show what he can do as an AD.

I REEEEALLY like Todd, but a couple things have surprised me.
1) Essentially saying Danny Hall can stay as long as he likes.
2) Today he said he's gotten a lot of calls from coaches around the country who are interested in speaking, but he hasn't returned anybody's call yet. I understand he's got 1,000 things to do with respect to the media, Georgia Tech, and Paul Johnson, but it seems like at 7pm when he's done he should at least return the calls to say thanks for your interest and give me a couple days - or have an assistant do it on his behalf.