@Cowardly Castrated Turkeys (aka Hokies)

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
A win. I'll take it! A lot closer than I would have liked with CT on the hill, but let's get the second one too! Wiley suggesting that the VT coach was trying to delay the game with all of his pitching changes, potentially trying to shorten the second game with rain coming in. VT wouldn't try to do something like that, would they...

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
A win. I'll take it! A lot closer than I would have liked with CT on the hill, but let's get the second one too! Wiley suggesting that the VT coach was trying to delay the game with all of his pitching changes, potentially trying to shorten the second game with rain coming in. VT wouldn't try to do something like that, would they...
I'm at the game...not really relevant...but I do get sense VT coach has no interest in playing 3rd game. Used 8 arms in Gm1 of DH. Wonder what his plan is for Gm2.

Deleted member 2897

I could be very wrong and often am, but it feels like we haven’t gotten a lot of breaks yet. I would not be shocked to see like a 7-2 game in our favor after only a few innings next.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
I'm at the game...not really relevant...but I do get sense VT coach has no interest in playing 3rd game. Used 8 arms in Gm1 of DH. Wonder what his plan is for Gm2.

I would say that it is relevant, because when you're at the game you can read things that are going on that you really can't hear over radio (or see on TV). Luckily, with Wiley announcing, we got that feeling listening on the radio. Wouldn't have with most other announcers.

I predict he'll use 15 arms to make sure the game doesn't go 5.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I could be very wrong and often am, but it feels like we haven’t gotten a lot of breaks yet. I would not be shocked to see like a 7-2 game in our favor after only a few innings next.
Agree... did just enough to win this 1st game. Took advantage of VT being a below avg team. Conditions (wind blowing out to left) have helped them a ton. Our lineup with 6 lefty batters has had to rely on stringing hits together. ...& except for 1 inning out of 18 so far this series... we haven't been able to do that.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I am clearly just not doing this correctly. Instead of being happy and joyous because we won, I am relieved and feel like I can finally take a deep breath. As @bwelbo would say, "sad".

I do hope we jump ahead 8-0 and the rains come after 6 innings in Game 2.

Only have to make 6 innings for a game?

Agree, I feel like I can exhale.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
BTW... VT's recent renovations upgrades are good here at [Tristin] English field. Nice facility. I give it 2.78 Burdells (on a 3.14 scale).

It would be 1.78... but they sell beer!!! ...so add 1.00

Here's to a DH sweep & 6th series win!!
20190420_144934.jpg

Deleted member 2897

VT started a reliever... less than 13IP in 11 appearances this year. If this works for them... everything is wrong.

Yep, as you alluded to earlier, they have used what - 13 pitchers total...8 last game? I think the coach went all-in on game 2 to try and win the aeries at the expense of game 3. I don’t blame him, I liked that gamble since the game was in play.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I am not tracking weather. Seems like these conditions are not rain imminent...

...but this just feels like VT eggs in basket of get a run or 2 & hold on to hope for shortened game.

We need to preemptively score a gazillion immediately. VT already with action in bullpen. I predict ... starter pitches 1-2 pitches in T4 & then removed. :mad:

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Worm has turned. Things looking ...not to so great as we have to go to the bullpen early and our offense seems to be in the deep freeze.