@Cowardly Castrated Turkeys (aka Hokies)

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Honestly, I am just glad to get out of the cold weather garbage that always seems to affect us every year......we go play some weakish team up north on a garbage field in lousy weather, our guys are no longer used to the cold, and we can't hit worth a darn and the weakish team gives us fits. I'll take the 201 series win (especially after losing the opener) and go home happy. (I will admit I couldn't watch the bottom of the ninth after we loaded the bases with no outs....that scared me...visions of Miami, and Louisville, and Virginia....oh, my!)

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Honestly, I am just glad to get out of the cold weather garbage that always seems to affect us every year......we go play some weakish team up north on a garbage field in lousy weather, our guys are no longer used to the cold, and we can't hit worth a darn and the weakish team gives us fits. I'll take the 201 series win (especially after losing the opener) and go home happy. (I will admit I couldn't watch the bottom of the ninth after we loaded the bases with no outs....that scared me...visions of Miami, and Louisville, and Virginia....oh, my!)

Virginia Tech has a 45 RPI, even after this weekend. So, they are a pretty solid team according to the RPI. Beating them in a series on the road, in poor weather, and on plastic is a significant series win.

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
I watched up until the 5th, then went to Easter service. Got out of church and pulled up the watch Espn app when I got out. It was 4-2 with bases loaded, nobody out and a 3-0 count. I had seen that movie before and was glad that I was all full of the Spirit of Jesus to keep me from coming unglued. I couldn’t believe we got those two pop outs in a row. When the walk happened, I wasn’t necessarily mad because I knew the matchup with haymaker was probably a better one, but just knowing that a base hit would beat us scared the crap out of me. Pure celebration when that ball landed in Baron’s glove to end it.

Deleted member 2897

Virginia Tech has a 45 RPI, even after this weekend. So, they are a pretty solid team according to the RPI. Beating them in a series on the road, in poor weather, and on plastic is a significant series win.

At the same time, they are 7-14 in ACC play. That means we needed to go 2-1. Which we did. We got lucky today, but they got lucky Thursday. I can look at the negative side, but honestly it wouldn’t take much for us to have 3 sweeps right now.

Deleted member 2897

I watched up until the 5th, then went to Easter service. Got out of church and pulled up the watch Espn app when I got out. It was 4-2 with bases loaded, nobody out and a 3-0 count. I had seen that movie before and was glad that I was all full of the Spirit of Jesus to keep me from coming unglued. I couldn’t believe we got those two pop outs in a row. When the walk happened, I wasn’t necessarily mad because I knew the matchup with haymaker was probably a better one, but just knowing that a base hit would beat us scared the crap out of me. Pure celebration when that ball landed in Baron’s glove to end it.

Bottom line - thank you for going to church!

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Just putting this here... I think the VT series...a "feeling" of slight lack of run production or not enough timely hitting (or both) may highlight how important English's bat is to lineup. I think we need him more than we realize. Makes others around him more dangerous (McCann? 0 for VT series)

Something to watch if he is sidelined for much longer.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Just putting this here... I think the VT series...a "feeling" of slight lack of run production or not enough timely hitting (or both) may highlight how important English's bat is to lineup. I think we need him more than we realize. Makes others around him more dangerous (McCann? 0 for VT series)

When those two pop flies went over the fence , I was thinking how much English would've loved playing this game.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

Webb rather than Serratos will help too:rolleyes:

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Anybody hear one of the VT players screaming “OH NO!!” 20 or 25 times during our streak of 11 straight balls in the B9? I’m assuming it was a player because their stands were empty. God I love owning them.