@Cowardly Castrated Turkeys (aka Hokies)

NW GA JACKET

Jolly Good Fellow
I agree. Willingham is a good example of that. 5 walks on year , got out of routine and is having a hard time finding it again. Has walked about 8 in limited innings since having to pitch on extra rest, and then come back in 3 days, and then The liner off shin probably didn’t help.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
There is a reason the MLB guys stay on a strict routine.

Another example from MLB: Mets skipped Vargas's start to have deGrom get another start (granted deGrom was probably on regular rest with the early season off days). Results before and after:

deGrom before: 2-0, 13 IP, 0 R, 8 H, 2 BB, oHR
deGrom after: 0-2, 9 IP, 9 ER, 13 H, 5 BB, 5 HR

Vargas before: 1-0, 5 IP, 2 ER, 8 H, 1 BB, 1HR
Vargas after: 0-0, 1.1 IP, 8 ER, 6 H, 3 BB, 1 HR (amazing Vargas doesn't have a loss with those numbers)

Granted, it has since been revealed that deGrom was battling strep throat, and is now undergoing an MRI on his elbow, but the results are not favorable for either pitcher after changing things up this early in the season. Coincidence? Perhaps, but I'd prefer to keep guys on schedule.

GTJon

Jolly Good Fellow
Not liking the way this series is shaking out. Lose game one and have to sweep a dh to take the series, and we all know how tough it is to take a dh. We need the bats to come alive tomorrow, I think the starting pitching will be fine

I'm still not sure it's going to be a DH tomorrow. The first game should be fine (though cold). However, lots of rain still in the forecast for afternoon and night there tomorrow. Feels like it's either a game on Easter or just a 2 game series.