COVID at CWS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 2897

I’m still dumbfounded by all this. Several of us just got threatened a few weeks ago to be kicked off the site for discussing Covid - it got put to a vote of the moderators. Yet here we are again. It’s difficult to know how to honestly stay between the guardrails.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
I’m still dumbfounded by all this. Several of us just got threatened a few weeks ago to be kicked off the site for discussing Covid - it got put to a vote of the moderators. Yet here we are again. It’s difficult to know how to honestly stay between the guardrails.
I'm so over Covid. It's a means to control at this point. Authorities are simply making rules up as they go along.

The takeaway: "I'm smarter than you." Oh really? As a citizen, I have rights but it's amazing how fast those right erode.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
Before reading this article I was on the fence as to who to blame for this farce. Now, in my opinion, I have little sympathy for NC State. If I infer correctly from this article, almost half of the NC State team was not vaccinated. While it appears that two members of the team that were vaccinated tested positive, only non vaccinated team members were symptomatic which is what caused all the fuss to begin with. Had nobody displayed symptoms I doubt this would have resulted in disqualification because the only reason the NCAA ran the testing they did is because of Avent's presser comments. While I don't want to restart the whole "individual rights" argument it is interesting to note that nobody that was vaccinated displayed any symptoms. This whole issue raises an interesting question. Does anyone know if Tech requires it's athletes, baseball or otherwise, to be vaccinated? Can they even require the athletes to be vaccinated in order to compete...I'm talking Tech not the NCAA. In basketball it has been rumored that Moses was a false positive, but was he vaccinated?

LibertyTurns

Banned
This is really quite unbelievable. All the unvaccinated players tested on Friday were negative, but the NCAA too so long to test them that none could play. So then in a stroke of brilliance they test the “vaccinated” players also & 4 come up positive. Based on that none of the tested negative “unvaccinated” players were eligible to play. You really gotta try to screw a team that bad.

Deleted member 2897

This is really quite unbelievable. All the unvaccinated players tested on Friday were negative, but the NCAA too so long to test them that none could play. So then in a stroke of brilliance they test the “vaccinated” players also & 4 come up positive. Based on that none of the tested negative “unvaccinated” players were eligible to play. You really gotta try to screw a team that bad.

Yea this is some serious major league bull****.

Perfect illustration why they should have all been vaccinated. If the NCAA has any possible way to **** you and **** things up, they will. They manage things like Covid completely incompetently like a bunch of buffoons.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Yea this is some serious major league bull****.

Perfect illustration why they should have all been vaccinated. If the NCAA has any possible way to **** you and **** things up, they will. They manage things like Covid completely incompetently like a bunch of buffoons.
There were a far higher percentage of vaccinated players test positive than non-vaccinated. Using your logic they should have prevented them from being vaccinated and they’d be playing ball. They probably got a cold or the flu and the damn covid test picked up the vaccine or whatever cold/flu they had. Not like there’s any experts on this stuff.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Tell me if there is different news, but Jarrett and Justice were both ill and tested positive. That allowed the NCAA to require testing of the entire team. Neither were vaccinated.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
NCAA went against the health experts. LOL

Which experts did they go against? I agree the wording of the NCAA statement makes it appear the DC Health people made a recommendation they did not. But the DC Health folks supported the NCAA decision. Rooney said the health dept. did not have the authority to mandate NC State's removal.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Tell me if there is different news, but Jarrett and Justice were both ill and tested positive. That allowed the NCAA to require testing of the entire team. Neither were vaccinated.
You are correct. I think folks are railing against what they perceive as outdated and overly restrictive protocols by the NCAA that were no longer consistent with the science of covid as we know it and understand it today. It is a valid criticism. To forgive it with the argument that "everyone knew the rules" is disingenuous. If it is a rule you fundamentally disagree with and believe is wrong, you'd object as well.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
You are correct. I think folks are railing against what they perceive as outdated and overly restrictive protocols by the NCAA that were no longer consistent with the science of covid as we know it and understand it today. It is a valid criticism. To forgive it with the argument that "everyone knew the rules" is disingenuous. If it is a rule you fundamentally disagree with and believe is wrong, you'd object as well.
Well, a valid criticism is not necessarily a correct criticism once all the facts are know.

Then there is the fact that one can read WHO, CDC and JAMA and draw completely different conclusions. I think I understand why these reports seem to be different from each other but I also understand why people with an axe to grind do not like ambiguity.

On my to-do list, if I can drum up enough interest, is to investigate why Israel, who was praised as a world leader in vaccination rate, is now recommending lockdowns.

Status
Not open for further replies.