COVID at CWS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 2897

I'm just catching up now to these developments. I'm not sure I've ever wanted a team to win a game more than I do NCST right now.

It's like they just replaced NCST with a 150+ RPI team. Unreal. Unfair.

Yep. Same thing that happened to us in the NCAA basketball tournament. Take one of the top 5 hottest players in the country off the team and what do you have left? Its stupid really - the flu typically has worse health outcomes on people this age than Covid has. And we never act anything remotely like this during flu outbreaks. Just when you think the hysterics have ended, it just rears its ugly head again.

BonafideJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
It's simply unforgivable that the NC State players were not all vaccinated.
Vaccination is a personal choice and I will defend anyone's right to refuse it even if I don't agree with it personally. It would bother me more if NC State had forced players to be vaccinated. What's unforgivable to me is that we're still operating under these same ridiculous tracing protocols for a sport played outdoors in which 18-22 year-olds in peak physical condition rarely come within 6 feet of each other. Are they contact tracing the much-less-healthy fans packing the stadium to watch them?

Deleted member 2897

It's simply unforgivable that the NC State players were not all vaccinated.

I agree. My entire family including children are vaccinated. My extended family is 100% vaccinated. But that now cuts both ways. The vaccine has been widely available for a long time. So at this point, who TF cares if someone tests positive. If you care, you've been vaccinated. I compare this to CTE in football. Studies have shown like 99% of post mortem studies of football players had CTE. Why haven't we shut down football? Because its a known risk that individuals understand and personally make the decision to play anyway. So if anybody actually cared about being safe and doesn't want to be exposed, and THEY haven't been vaccinated, then THOSE people should be held out of the game. Otherwise, play the ****ing games.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I agree. My entire family including children are vaccinated. My extended family is 100% vaccinated. But that now cuts both ways. The vaccine has been widely available for a long time. So at this point, who TF cares if someone tests positive. If you care, you've been vaccinated. I compare this to CTE in football. Studies have shown like 99% of post mortem studies of football players had CTE. Why haven't we shut down football? Because its a known risk that individuals understand and personally make the decision to play anyway. So if anybody actually cared about being safe and doesn't want to be exposed, and THEY haven't been vaccinated, then THOSE people should be held out of the game. Otherwise, play the ****ing games.
I agree, but NC State and all the players and coaches knew the NCAA rules for the CWS. Don't complain that things aren't fair.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Vaccination is a personal choice and I will defend anyone's right to refuse it even if I don't agree with it personally. It would bother me more if NC State had forced players to be vaccinated. What's unforgivable to me is that we're still operating under these same ridiculous tracing protocols for a sport played outdoors in which 18-22 year-olds in peak physical condition rarely come within 6 feet of each other. Are they contact tracing the much-less-healthy fans packing the stadium to watch them?
As soon as the NCAA published the rules for CWS it was set. There are no individual rights in team sports. You play by the rules or go home. Apparently JT Jarrett tested positive for COVID and also violated team rules to get it. He was kicked off the team.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
As soon as the NCAA published the rules for CWS it was set. There are no individual rights in team sports. You play by the rules or go home. Apparently JT Jarrett tested positive for COVID and also violated team rules to get it. He was kicked off the team.
Where are you getting that information from? The only story that I have seen says he tested positive and is "no longer with the team" which can mean that he is in isolation or they sent him back home to be in isolation. It does not necessarily mean that he was kicked off the team.

I have also not seen anything that says he got it by breaking team rules. The article from ESPN just says he wasn't feeling well and the team had been dealing with some illnesses.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
If true... just further proof Notre Dame hates the ACC. (tic) ... see what I did there?

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Where are you getting that information from? The only story that I have seen says he tested positive and is "no longer with the team" which can mean that he is in isolation or they sent him back home to be in isolation. It does not necessarily mean that he was kicked off the team.

I have also not seen anything that says he got it by breaking team rules. The article from ESPN just says he wasn't feeling well and the team had been dealing with some illnesses.
You may be right. I read into "no longer with the team" that he was no longer a team member. When Moses tested positive at the NCAAT no one said he was no longer with the team. They said he was in isolation. I will back off my comment until I hear more. Thanks for pointing that out.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Have you been sipping on the cooking wine? Don’t see anything on NC St. forfeiting the series.

Heard from an NC State Alum. Obviously not good first report in total but partially true like most things we hear.

When I lived in Italy at 11-12 years old, I did drink cooking wine. Or table wine which was same thing. But not today. Now done work and doing Guinness Draught Stout.

NC State down 3-1 T8. No crying in baseball.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
You may be right. I read into "no longer with the team" that he was no longer a team member. When Moses tested positive at the NCAAT no one said he was no longer with the team. They said he was in isolation. I will back off my comment until I hear more. Thanks for pointing that out.
Wasn't Moses' test a false positive?

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
NC State is out of the CWS due to COVID protocols. Vandy to the championship round against either Texas or Miss State.

Status
Not open for further replies.