COVID at CWS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
These are good questions based on the testing protocols. Seems strange to me that there is exception to 'not testing' vaccinated [asymptomatic] players.

The next logical question is this: How does this impact Vanderbilt? If four fully vaccinated individuals who tested positive participated in Friday’s game against Vandy, do the Commodores need to have their entire roster tested as well? Regardless of vaccination status? What about Texas and Mississippi State? Does the NCAA stick with the policy of exempting fully vaccinated players from routine testing, even after four positive tests from the vaccinated NC State contingent?

Yeah, until and if there is further information I am a little baffled. Haven’t read all the rules but the usual protocol is to not test vaccinated players in sports. Testing is reserved for the unvaccinated and those showing symptoms.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
It’s this simple and Avent is 100 percent right. Individual's rights, beliefs, and medical decisions are theirs alone and more important than baseball. PSA: we are free Americans!

I have had to be vaccinated many times in my life -school, college admission, certain jobs, mission trips overseas. Sure, I could have skipped all of those vaccinations but then I also would not have gotten to participate. Choices have consequences which seems to get proven again and again.

I hope whoever was managing the NCST baseball team explained carefully that the decision to not get vaccinated could cost the team a championship. If they fully understood that and still chose to not get vaccinated then they can be happy with how things turned out.

Deleted member 2897

I hope whoever was managing the NCST baseball team explained carefully that the decision to not get vaccinated could cost the team a championship. If they fully understood that and still chose to not get vaccinated then they can be happy with how things turned out.

And everybody knows - if the NCAA has a way to **** something up, they will. Can't leave them the chance to **** things up.

There is very little in this life that is 100%, but to say that a vaccine does not prevent infection is wrong.

If the person who posted that claim meant that only the Covid vaccine does not prevent infection, then that too is mostly false

Lots of "trolling" seems to go on on these sites.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Rules are always stupid when you don’t follow them. 😊
Out dated meducal rules, not keeping up with changes in medical studies are stupid because you're not following "science".

It has been a shame seeing all these NCAA student athletes dropping dead since the virus emerged and the vaccine has only been around 6 months.:rolleyes:

NW GA JACKET

Jolly Good Fellow
Hats off to the NC State coach! That is the kind of guy that I would want my son to play for. The death rate of this Covid BS is less than 1 % and most of those had underlying conditions. I don’t know the numbers ,but I’d say the 18-24 age group that these players fall in is nearly zero! Especially athletes that are in great shape. If we keep testing for no reason this will never go away, but that may be the plan. JMO. And GO JACKETS’

Hats off to the NC State coach! That is the kind of guy that I would want my son to play for. The death rate of this Covid BS is less than 1 % and most of those had underlying conditions. I don’t know the numbers ,but I’d say the 18-24 age group that these players fall in is nearly zero! Especially athletes that are in great shape. If we keep testing for no reason this will never go away, but that may be the plan. JMO. And GO JACKETS’
Add to that the increased occurrences of myocarditis in that age group, and especially males, after getting vaccinated, and with the long term effects of myocarditis not being fully known, it would seem to me that we should cut those "kids" some slack regarding just about everything Covid-related

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I have had to be vaccinated many times in my life -school, college admission, certain jobs, mission trips overseas. Sure, I could have skipped all of those vaccinations but then I also would not have gotten to participate. Choices have consequences which seems to get proven again and again.

I think that only FDA approved immunizations can be made mandatory. So COVID immunizations being provisionally approved can't be made mandatory. Someone I know and respect won't get vaccinated till there is more run time. So she always wears a mask at work. Thems to rules where I work and vaccinations are encouraged but not manadatory.

It would seem that if the vaccinated NC State players were tested then ALL teams vaccinated players should be tested. Need to follow practices / rules consistently.

But there is not fairness in life or sports. TdF riders taken out due to idiotic fan mugging for the camera. After spending their life getting ready for this race. https://www.peacocktv.com/watch/playback/clip/pck_1914385475541/91af9d48-c88d-33b5-abe6-dac0d899452e

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Out dated meducal rules, not keeping up with changes in medical studies are stupid because you're not following "science".

It has been a shame seeing all these NCAA student athletes dropping dead since the virus emerged and the vaccine has only been around 6 months.:rolleyes:
Like I said, rules are always stupid if you don’t follow them. 😊

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I think that only FDA approved immunizations can be made mandatory. So COVID immunizations being provisionally approved can't be made mandatory. Someone I know and respect won't get vaccinated till there is more run time. So she always wears a mask at work. Thems to rules where I work and vaccinations are encouraged but not manadatory.

It would seem that if the vaccinated NC State players were tested then ALL teams vaccinated players should be tested. Need to follow practices / rules consistently.

But there is not fairness in life or sports. TdF riders taken out due to idiotic fan mugging for the camera. After spending their life getting ready for this race. https://www.peacocktv.com/watch/playback/clip/pck_1914385475541/91af9d48-c88d-33b5-abe6-dac0d899452e
Courts have already ruled that Covid vaccinations can be required in some cases. But all we are really talking about in this case is choosing to be part of a group norm or not choosing to be part of that norm. There are consequences either way and one should not try to have their cake and eat it too.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Add to that the increased occurrences of myocarditis in that age group, and especially males, after getting vaccinated, and with the long term effects of myocarditis not being fully known, it would seem to me that we should cut those "kids" some slack regarding just about everything Covid-related
Just for perspective the rate of myocarditis among COVID infected patients is around 50% whereas from the vaccine it is less than .005 %. Of course I understand that people will take their chances either way.

Just for perspective the rate of myocarditis among COVID infected patients is around 50% whereas from the vaccine it is less than .005 %. Of course I understand that people will take their chances either way.
I think the studies in Israel have lifted the rate among those getting the vaccine higher than 0.005% in the 12 - 30 age group, especially among mails. Seeing as how somewhat more info is available about long-term effects of myocarditis than about long-term effects of Covid or (if any) the vaccine, I would say go with the "know more" option.
But this is all getting into the "I don't like what you say, so this thread is closed" realm, so I won't say anything more about it

Status
Not open for further replies.