Coronavirus Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
Back to Coronavirus memes, how about a little levity during such a stressful time. Its important to note the new rules for playing tennis. "You can kick their balls, but you can't touch them."

That’s hilarious!

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
COVID19.jpg

Deleted member 2897

Remember when some of us here scoffed at how stupid it is to count as deaths anybody who died and had tested positive, regardless of how they died. George Floyd is a perfect example of that. Yes if you didn’t know, he had the Coronavirus. Killed by police brutality? Coronavirus got you. That policy is just silly.

Deleted member 2897

Brazil and Mexico still wildly out of control. Brazil deaths increased by a third, hitting a new single day record yesterday of 1,350. Mexico’s daily deaths just doubled.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Remember when some of us here scoffed at how stupid it is to count as deaths anybody who died and had tested positive, regardless of how they died. George Floyd is a perfect example of that. Yes if you didn’t know, he had the Coronavirus. Killed by police brutality? Coronavirus got you. That policy is just silly.
I thought it was supposed ot be a judgment call by the coroner's according to CDC guidelines, and that the primary cause of death was supposed to be listed. I did not think the policy is what you just described....

Deleted member 2897

I thought it was supposed ot be a judgment call by the coroner's according to CDC guidelines, and that the primary cause of death was supposed to be listed. I did not think the policy is what you just described....

While his death certificate may say murder, from what I understand his death will be listed in the COVID-19 total.

Deleted member 2897

Just watched some of George Floyd's funeral. I couldn't believe there were like several hundred people there from the looks of the church. I thought funerals were outlawed, so I looked up the regulations right now in Minnesota. Funerals are supposed to be limited to 25% capacity or 250, with 6 foot separation between households according to this: https://www.mnfuneral.org/page/coronavirus

So I guess these regulations only apply to whoever the state wants it to apply to, because they are not following any of those regulations. It seems like the entire lot of regulations on society with regards to social distancing and everything else are just being completely ignored with these protests. Which is fine, I guess in the future we all just need to know we can pick and choose whatever we want to do anyway.

Deleted member 2897

That is incorrect.

Okay, what is the policy? I thought if someone had tested positive or presumed to be positive and died while they had it that they would be included in the number of deaths.

Edit: I just used google, and it says federal reporting guidelines dictate they be notified when anybody dies with COVID-19 or are presumed to have it, regardless of it it is the actual cause of death or not.

IEEEWreck

Ramblin' Wreck
So my wife was exposed at work and she went to get a test at a drive thru test center. The NP stick was provided and she was told to do it herself and not let me help her.

The instructions were to insert the tube until it became uncomfortable. The CVS test person did not mention to insert it parallel to the palate. She did not tell her to insert until she felt resistance.

That means she just barely entered the nasal cavity with the tip of the swab, less than a half an inch total. Maybe 10% of the way to the nasopharynx.

This was from scripted instructions. If Georgia is reporting results from NP swabs being used to pick noses like that I'm shocked any ever test positive.

IEEEWreck

Ramblin' Wreck
Okay, what is the policy? I thought if someone had tested positive or presumed to be positive and died while they had it that they would be included in the number of deaths.

Edit: I just used google, and it says federal reporting guidelines dictate they be notified when anybody dies with COVID-19 or are presumed to have it, regardless of it it is the actual cause of death or not.

Yeah, that's a common lie among places that masquerade as news sources and print falsehoods under the aegis of opinion.

The CDC wants doctors to assume COVID is a cause of death among deaths that meet the clinical criteria for CoVID death. That makes sense, because if there are multiple proximate causes of congestive heart failure for example you'd want to count it as a CoViD death.

Nothing about any sort of homicide meets the clinical criteria for CoViD deaths. You can read more here
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-updates/cases-in-us.html

Deleted member 2897

Yeah, that's a common lie among places that masquerade as news sources and print falsehoods under the aegis of opinion.

The CDC wants doctors to assume COVID is a cause of death among deaths that meet the clinical criteria for CoVID death. That makes sense, because if there are multiple proximate causes of congestive heart failure for example you'd want to count it as a CoViD death.

Nothing about any sort of homicide meets the clinical criteria for CoViD deaths. You can read more here
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-updates/cases-in-us.html

I don’t have cable news or watch it, so I don’t know what you mean. What I wrote about death notifications was from the CDC website itself. I didn’t get it off of World Fake News Daily LOL.

If you look on the CDC’s website and look around, you’ll find tons of information that backs up my question:

https://fox6now.com/2020/05/16/questions-raised-over-accuracy-of-us-coronavirus-death-toll/

Some states count presumed coronavirus deaths along with confirmed cases under the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidance issued last month. Other states don’t count those deaths.

Deaths have been classified as a COVID-19 death even after a physician or loved ones reported otherwise. And those who died “with” COVID-19 have been included in the count with those who died “of” COVID-19.

Status
Not open for further replies.