Coronavirus Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 2897

now they fire bombed the cops thread, geez

BTW, this event backs up my comments on operating with immunity. Anybody get banned? I haven’t seen anybody missing after those threads were removed. Maybe I’m forgetting certain people though.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
https://gtswarm.com/threads/cops.12979/

I moved the Cops thread to the Politics forum. It was not fire bombed. That thread was necro-bumped, which is probably why it wasn't found and moved to the Politics forum in the first place.

If you all would prefer, I can administer 'Politics' warnings to nearly everyone who contributed to the thread while in The Lounge in the last week, and cross my fingers that the thread does not veer back to Politics. Or we can just keep it in the Politics forum. There are political posts from the early pages of the thread as well, so I think the thread is in the right place now.

GoldZ

Ramblin' Wreck
Hot off the inside press, I have a good friend who does daily call back COVID-19 test results for Charleston County. She said a high number of the new tests are mostly 20-24 year olds who reported being at the protests and out and about partying/bars/restaurants. Look at this trend. If these people don’t end up in the hospital because of their young age, we will be well on our way to herd immunity soon. If they do end up in the hospital, we’ll likely be walking back restrictions soon to stay under hospital capacity. But the larger point here is that you can expect similar spikes around the country from these protests (and returning more to regular life) over the next week or so, depending on how long the protests keep at it.
Not sure bout that herd immunity stuff. https://www.ibtimes.com/sweden-coro...ng-only-73-population-have-antibodies-2980499
Cemk5o6.jpg

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I suspect we'll start seeing more of this in the coming days/weeks with relaxing of rules and more tests available. The number to focus on isn't the number of infections (with test more readily available versus when it all started), but the number hospitalizations.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Good thread here. Writer gives a good micro and macro level analysis across the country and world. Some promising signs in certain areas, and troubling signs elsewhere. The real value will come in the coming days/weeks since relaxation on a nationwide basis just started.

LibertyTurns

Banned

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
So basically NYC? The others were arrested because of their actions after being told they had to wear a mask.

LibertyTurns

Banned
So basically NYC? The others were arrested because of their actions after being told they had to wear a mask.
If I get some time I’ll find some pure as the driven snow instances of other mask wearing individuals being arrested. Honestly, it’s really not hard to fid dozens of instances.

Deleted member 2897

Good thread here. Writer gives a good micro and macro level analysis across the country and world. Some promising signs in certain areas, and troubling signs elsewhere. The real value will come in the coming days/weeks since relaxation on a nationwide basis just started.

Brazil is getting worse by the day - cases and deaths. New record level of deaths every day. They put Brazil in the wrong group in that piece. It’s a death zone.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
https://gtswarm.com/threads/cops.12979/

I moved the Cops thread to the Politics forum. It was not fire bombed. That thread was necro-bumped, which is probably why it wasn't found and moved to the Politics forum in the first place.

If you all would prefer, I can administer 'Politics' warnings to nearly everyone who contributed to the thread while in The Lounge in the last week, and cross my fingers that the thread does not veer back to Politics. Or we can just keep it in the Politics forum. There are political posts from the early pages of the thread as well, so I think the thread is in the right place now.
I don’t see the political forum and if I follow the link it says I don’t have permission.

LibertyTurns

Banned
I’m surprised. I’m sure there’s more to these stories than people just going rogue, but there’s not another instance of anyone getting jack slaps by the cops for not wearing a mask since the woman in NYC got abused other than the dude getting pulled off the bus & beaten in Philly and the woman getting body slammed in Birmingham. I thought it was more prevalent. The Covidiots freaking out about everyone dying from the virus must be getting inside my head. I can’t wait until this crisis we turned into a massive catastrophe is over.

Deleted member 2897

New cases in S.C. peaked around 300-330 in early April. For the next 2 months, we bounced around 100-175 per day. About a week ago we started increasing again and are officially (to m) now in outbreak mode. After a few days of 400+ new cases we just hit 512 today.

Deleted member 2897

No danger of covid if you’re out protesting and rioting. Ya can’t make this stuff up lmao. But if you’re out protesting the stay at home orders then you are at serious risk. lmao

If they tighten restrictions again, everybody is just going to ignore them. Local and state governments just showed they’re not going to do anything about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.