Coronavirus Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 2897

You can’t produce an FDA certified machine with, wait here it comes again.... a part not approved by the government for medical use. Yeah for bureaucracy!!! Yeah for restrictive regulations!!!!! More big government is what we need!!!!!!!

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/...aces-regulatory-logistical-obstacles-n1161651

Here is my next prediction - hospitals everywhere have orders for more masks, gloves, and protective equipment. I predict the federal government through the defense protection act they just invoked will unintentionally interrupt these orders by placing themselves at the front of the line. We’ll see.

Deleted member 2897

Hard to even keep up with the numbers anymore. I think Italy reported 6,000 more cases yesterday to get to 41,000. That's 225,000 on a US population-adjusted basis. They are at 3,400 deaths which I think is something like 900 in a single day. If you think about a mortality rate of maybe 1%, that death count implies about 300,000 people walking around with it over there.

Spain has almost 20,000 cases and over 800 deaths.

Germany 15,000 cases.

France 9,000 and about 250 deaths.

Little Switzerland is at 4,000 cases, which is 150,000+ on a US population-adjusted basis.

And on and on. I think all these countries that are 10-14 days ahead of us are showing us where we're headed. Dear Lord almighty I hope in about 10 days we see a flattening from the shut down we've done.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Hard to even keep up with the numbers anymore. I think Italy reported 6,000 more cases yesterday to get to 41,000. That's 225,000 on a US population-adjusted basis. They are at 3,400 deaths which I think is something like 900 in a single day. If you think about a mortality rate of maybe 1%, that death count implies about 300,000 people walking around with it over there.

Spain has almost 20,000 cases and over 800 deaths.

Germany 15,000 cases.

France 9,000 and about 250 deaths.

Little Switzerland is at 4,000 cases, which is 150,000+ on a US population-adjusted basis.

And on and on. I think all these countries that are 10-14 days ahead of us are showing us where we're headed. Dear Lord almighty I hope in about 10 days we see a flattening from the shut down we've done.

Nah, this is just fear mongering by the [insert whatever derogatory term about a political group you don't like].

Deleted member 2897

CpMShV0.jpg

Deleted member 2897

Greenland still has a higher number of positive cases per capita.

Sorry, running out of “look at the bright side”.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Sadly, I hope we don’t reinstate her. Let the CDC hire her and not us. You can’t trust cheaters and corner cutters.

https://www.ajc.com/news/local/the-...ovid-why-she-can-help/MZSnUknKjvabcO1QvKfXLL/
Well, sometimes you can.

But you shouldn't. I wouldn't reinstate Dr. Lee, despite the good work she has done. If you can't trust her reports of how money was raised and spent, you have to take her report of scientific work with a boulder of salt as well. There would be more resources wasted by surveillance of her future work as well.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
So basically Coronavirus has no symptoms and we’re all ok even if we have it unless you start to actually have real symptoms then you should go get checked. Got it. Let’s shut down the country and sway the American Dream for hundreds of millions so a couple million old unhealthy cats who are already on their bed don’t die. Got it.

If this was really about “preventing deaths and the risk of those deaths despite the sacrifices of our everyday lives” then the govt should take away cars.

We’ve all been had and we’re letting the “woke” crowd get people riled up.
You are clearly either an idiot or, actually can’t think of what else you might be.

CHE90

Jolly Good Fellow
Be careful, my friend, if Super's account can get banned or whatever the hell happened to it for simply posting a copied sarcastic remark in the "wrong thread", then you could get the same treatment for calling names.
I sent it to my investment team at work today. This might be the best analysis i have seen, and this guy knows what he's talking about.

CHE90

Jolly Good Fellow
Can we change the thread title to China Virus Thread?
You had the Asian Flu in 1957 which caused a U.S. recession and the Hong Kong Flu in the 60's which caused a slowdown (both came from the places for which they are named). Ironically, the Spanish flu did not originate in Spain, rather they discovered it and it was named for them.

CHE90

Jolly Good Fellow
I’m going to vape while taking Tide Pod flavored shots and hunting for Pokémon’s and you can’t stop me! You can’t force me to care about my country!
Haven't we spent the last 3 years saying nationalism is bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.