• Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
image.png

Deleted member 2897

You are conflating lethality (which is how many will die of those who get it) with contageous properties (which will indicate how many will get it). My argument is about the mortality rate, which applies ONLY to those who get the virus.

You didn’t say rate, you just said mortality. This one is 3x as contagious. So whether the mortality rate is higher or equal - it has the potential to be far more deadly.

GT_EE78

Banned
The "news" channels however, are concentrating on praising/bashing politicians and presenting scary pictures, numbers, commenters, etc. In my opinion they are doing a disservice. People seem to be more concerned about what the President did, wearing gloves, wearing masks, etc than they are about washing their hands, not touching their faces, and staying away from other people.
Some people sure do!

Deleted member 2897

Italy’s deaths and new cases were both new record highs on day-to-day increases.

Milwaukee

Banned

They also tell you to take the seasonal flu seriously, to take obesity seriously, to take drunk driving seriously, etc etc. Yes, you should listen to them and take it just as seriously as you do all of the above. There’s a virus going around, so use common sense. Don’t lick people’s faces, don’t spit into people’s mouths, wash your hands CONSTANTLY, ya know those sorts of things. It’s going to be okay.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I'm not a Doctor even though it took me 7 year to get out of college but I do drink a lot and I think I have come up with a good idea to cut this virus down in the US , first take California and give it to Mexico and then take Washington State and New York and give them to Canada.
I'm also thinking about running for president please send all donation to @stech81 beer fund,

Deleted member 2897

A few thoughts...Just looking at it with a critical eye.

First, I don’t see much of a timing difference on the Miami chart.

Second, there is a huge disparity in positive test result versus negative test result in Tennessee versus Kentucky. To me it almost seems like the numbers in Tennessee could actually be even worse. They have a significantly higher positive test outcome compared to Kentucky and other states I’ve seen. Makes me think they are either extremely limited in testing supplies, too tight in who they’re approving for tests, or both.

Deleted member 2897

The precise death rate is fairly unknowable, but many hospitals facing in a short time acute shortages of equipment, supplies, and beds is the big problem right now.

As for the media, I think they're doing an excellent service. The one who isn't is the president, who continues to spout misleading statements, contradicted by the doctors and scientists.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/worl...iring-trumps-misleading-briefings/ar-BB11xnml

Thats a horribly biased false news report. I encourage you to watch one of the daily briefings live for the entire time, and not snippets. Start with yesterday. We watched the whole thing and I may have missed it, but I didn’t say anything in contradiction to the science, and i never saw Dr. Fauci or other health experts have to correct him. I have seen them have to correct the press multiple times.

Status
Not open for further replies.