Coronavirus Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 2897

Hey where did all the Florida running out of ICU beds and Nurses stories go? Oh yeah, neither were going to happen. They reopened closed ICU wards, told theIr Nurses they had to go back to 40 hr weeks & hired a few temps, now they’ve shut the excess capacity back down and told the temps to go away. Media event is over. Move along.

Our new case number in S.C. today was 50% of our peak. Down 30%-40% from Saturday’s number last week and the week before. Hospitalizations down 20% now too as we’re now 3 weeks past the original peak.

TechPreacher

Banned
1595796712958.png

TechPreacher

Banned
The main issue, they say, is that the virus may be disappearing too fast for the studies to produce “meaningful results.”

“It is a race, yes. But it's not a race against the other guys. It's a race against the virus disappearing, and against time,” Professor Hill, 61, told the Telegraph. “But at the moment, there’s a 50 per cent chance that we get no result at all. We’re in the bizarre position of wanting Covid to stay, at least for a little while. But cases are declining."

https://www.foxnews.com/world/uk-researchers-warn-of-only-50-percent-success-for-covid-vaccine-trial

TechPreacher

Banned
That's the point. If drywall dust can find its way beyond a mask, then an airborne virus, magnitudes of order smaller than drywall dust, surely can also.

Deleted member 2897

The masks aren't directional. And even if they were, 9 out of 10 scientists agree that the coronavirus can't read the street signs anyway.

The point of masks has nothing to do with that. Have that dry waller put his mask on, spit at someone else wearing a mask, and see if they get any of that dust on their face.

armeck

Jolly Good Fellow
Were you the person that said you knew someone that corona literally scared them to death? The thought of it was so scary that it drove the person to their death. I’m not making that up, can’t remember who it was but one poster here literally said that, maybe it wasn’t you. My point is this, there’s a lot of misinformation floating around these virus threads but what you’re referencing being skeptical about is one of the lesser ones to be skeptical about.
LOL, no that was not me.

TechPreacher

Banned
Then breathe hard. See if the other person (Also wearing a mask) gets that dry wall dust on their face.

If the strategy is that making the virus pass through more masks reduces penetration rates, then all you have to do is wear layers, right? And for better protection, while you're responsibly layering, make sure that the mask pores don't align, and then you're in the clear.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
I'm sure that dry waller breathes much more often than he spits.
Are we REALLY still having this damn conversation? Your little dry wall deal is meaningless. The point of the mask of course is to minimize you spreading the virus which is in droplets and moisture in your breath. Your mask provides minimal protection unless you are wearing a fit tested N95.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
If the strategy is that making the virus pass through more masks reduces penetration rates, then all you have to do is wear layers, right? And for better protection, while you're responsibly layering, make sure that the mask pores don't align, and then you're in the clear.
My wife has to wear an N95 with a #1 mask on top of that. Plus a face shield, head covering and a plastic covering over her scrubs. She is a Dental Hygienist. Plus she wears loops with a light inside the face shield. She says it is literally an oven. Shen can only have 2 patients in the morning and 2 after lunch and time to cool back off. I want her to quit until the vaccine comes out

Status
Not open for further replies.