Coronavirus Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
No, I’m believing the guys that quarantined themselves for 14 days when they didn’t have to. They sat at home losing money. Maybe they just wanted to watch soap operas instead?
Why did they quarantine themselves if they know they never even took a test?

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Perhaps it's just that erroneous positive test results are widespread and becoming a problem?
And the story is always the same? There is a wide spread problem of people waiting hours to be tested, giving up and receiving a positive result anyways? And that these people never seem to tell their story to anyone directly, they always tell someone random in hopes of them spreading the word. Do you really believe this nonsense is a legitimate possibility?

TechPreacher

Banned
Do you personally believe that the thousands of people who have regurgitated that meme are all telling the truth?

You probably won't take the time to read this, because it doesn't fit your agenda, but the grandfather died from the late stages of Alzheimer's disease, and the coroner listed the cause of death as coronavirus. So, you're right that someone is lying, but it's not who you say it is.

https://www.westernjournal.com/family-says-government-lying-oklahoma-grandpas-covid-death/

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
They reported themselves when they got called. It’s called being honest & ethical. I know, concepts that are rare & hard to understand.
So instead of disputing the results because they couldn’t possibly be true, they accepted them and moved on with their day? And that is your definition of ethical?

TechPreacher

Banned
And the story is always the same? There is a wide spread problem of people waiting hours to be tested, giving up and receiving a positive result anyways? And that these people never seem to tell their story to anyone directly, they always tell someone random in hopes of them spreading the word. Do you really believe this nonsense is a legitimate possibility?

It's a vast right-wing conspiracy.

It's time to organize and protest, folks. #TestResultsMatter

TechPreacher

Banned
You probably won't take the time to read this, because it doesn't fit your agenda, but the grandfather died from the late stages of Alzheimer's disease, and the coroner listed the cause of death as coronavirus. So, you're right that someone is lying, but it's not who you say it is.

https://www.westernjournal.com/family-says-government-lying-oklahoma-grandpas-covid-death/

“Jack Dake Sr. did not die from COVID-19, but the government says he did. How many more Jack Dake Sr.s are there?”

The Dake family’s story is troubling, but also is part of a now nationwide conversation about how coronavirus deaths and cases are being reported.

After a Florida man in his 20s who died this past week from the coronavirus, the WOFL-TV investigative team went on the hunt.

A WOFL-TV reporter asked state health authorities if the young man had any underlying conditions.

The response from Orange County Health Officer Dr. Raul Pino was shocking.

“He died in a motorcycle accident,” Pino said.

Whether health care facilities or bureaucrats are motivated to attribute seemingly unrelated deaths to the coronavirus for financial or political reasons is uncertain.

But it is difficult to argue that the manner in which medical personnel and state health authorities handle reporting COVID-19 deaths needs more transparency and uniformity.

As many states again begin to again ramp up measures to apparently combat the continued spread of the coronavirus, stories such as these do little more than erode the public’s trust of government, and rightly so.

LibertyTurns

Banned
So instead of disputing the results because they couldn’t possibly be true, they accepted them and moved on with their day? And that is your definition of ethical?
You’re insufferable.

Two guys, roommates, work together. This does happen, right? They went to the “cheap & fast” C19 testing line, ie the temporary set up @ the fairground even though our insurance covers 100% of testing costs & they could have gone elsewhere if they made an appointment. Like some others I was told about, these 2 guys left the line because it was not moving fast. The whole operation was disorganized. They made an appointment day 2 at a local clinic the next day. Day 4 they get called & told they’re positive. They ask to speak to a Supervisor. Told them they have test results with their names on it & they’re positive. They call HR (previously self-reported possible exposure which is why they took the test) & really have no choice but to self-report their positives & quarantine. What if the health dept calls us, then they’re fired? Second set of results come in Day 6. Negative. We let them come back to work the next day.

What would you have had anyone do differently?

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
You’re insufferable.

Two guys, roommates, work together. This does happen, right? They went to the “cheap & fast” C19 testing line, ie the temporary set up @ the fairground even though our insurance covers 100% of testing costs & they could have gone elsewhere if they made an appointment. Like some others I was told about, these 2 guys left the line because it was not moving fast. The whole operation was disorganized. They made an appointment day 2 at a local clinic the next day. Day 4 they get called & told they’re positive. They ask to speak to a Supervisor. Told them they have test results with their names on it & they’re positive. They call HR (previously self-reported possible exposure which is why they took the test) & really have no choice but to self-report their positives & quarantine. What if the health dept calls us, then they’re fired? Second set of results come in Day 6. Negative. We let them come back to work the next day.

What would you have had anyone do differently?
More forcefully fought against results that obviously were false and then sued the health organization for loss of money because my company was too cheap to support me during the process. You know, like any normal human being would do. Not that any of that matters because like my nut job relatives who have posted the same story multiple times, I’m fairly certain none of this ever happened.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
It's a vast right-wing conspiracy.

It's time to organize and protest, folks. #TestResultsMatter
It’s not a conspiracy at all. It’s not nearly that organized or complex. It’s just people copying a Facebook meme because they like it and it promotes what they want people to believe.

LibertyTurns

Banned
More forcefully fought against results that obviously were false and then sued the health organization for loss of money because my company was too cheap to support me during the process. You know, like any normal human being would do. Not that any of that matters because like my nut job relatives who have posted the same story multiple times, I’m fairly certain none of this ever happened.
You’re right I’ll have them sue the fairground, the company, the lab, the county, the state & federal government tomorrow & take it to the Supreme Court to recoup their $1750 in lost wages minus the $875 in C19 unemployment they got. I might have to spot them each the $10k lawyer retainer. This one will likely pay off big time!

LibertyTurns

Banned
Be careful. Any adjective phrase following the subject pronoun "you" gets you a rule violation message. But, apparently, there is an exemption clause for saying to someone, "You're racist."
We all know what this is about. More positives bad for Orange Man, bad for DeSantis. Get Crazy Uncle Joe elected & continue to beat the man down instead of letting him have a chance like everybody else.

Deleted member 2897

The truth comes out, as it usually does. Because your family is insane (your words), you project that behavior onto all the rest of us.

I’ve not heard anybody mention that test story. What I have heard on the news is that similar stories are being reported back to the agencies who say they don’t know what the people are talking about. The news here has made tons of calls - their opinion is that there is indeed a small error rate, but that likely what’s happening is spam/hacker calls trying to dupe people into divulging personal information.

It would be nice if you would stop calling everyone a liar just because your family is insane. That doesn’t mean everyone else’s is.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
The truth comes out, as it usually does. Because your family is insane (your words), you project that behavior onto all the rest of us.

I’ve not heard anybody mention that test story. What I have heard on the news is that similar stories are being reported back to the agencies who say they don’t know what the people are talking about. The news here has made tons of calls - their opinion is that there is indeed a small error rate, but that likely what’s happening is spam/hacker calls trying to dupe people into divulging personal information.

It would be nice if you would stop calling everyone a liar just because your family is insane. That doesn’t mean everyone else’s is.
This story has been posted three separate times just on this site and at least 10-20 times on my Facebook, some by family, some by high school friends I dont even talk to. If you personally haven’t seen it, I envy you because the stupidity of seeing it over and over again certainly hurts my brain. And yes, until someone reliable tells this story first hand, I’m not going to believe it. This is a freaking meme and I’m a little disappointed that intelligent people are falling for it.

TechPreacher

Banned
This story has been posted three separate times just on this site and at least 10-20 times on my Facebook, some by family, some by high school friends I dont even talk to. If you personally haven’t seen it, I envy you because the stupidity of seeing it over and over again certainly hurts my brain. And yes, until someone reliable tells this story first hand, I’m not going to believe it. This is a freaking meme and I’m a little disappointed that intelligent people are falling for it.

Retweeting a meme is very different from someone walking up to you in a store, or being your employee, and telling you that it happened to them. Surely, you realize the difference. The people posting the meme are not saying it happened to them. But you are calling people liars that are saying that it did happen to them. You are choosing to believe only what fits your own narrative.

Deleted member 2897

The sheer ridiculousness of what I see on social media is indeed distressing. (Everything from we should shelter in place until a vaccine comes out to this entire thing is a fabrication and none of the numbers are real.)

LibertyTurns

Banned
Hey where did all the Florida running out of ICU beds and Nurses stories go? Oh yeah, neither were going to happen. They reopened closed ICU wards, told theIr Nurses they had to go back to 40 hr weeks & hired a few temps, now they’ve shut the excess capacity back down and told the temps to go away. Media event is over. Move along.

Milwaukee

Banned
Hey where did all the Florida running out of ICU beds and Nurses stories go? Oh yeah, neither were going to happen. They reopened closed ICU wards, told theIr Nurses they had to go back to 40 hr weeks & hired a few temps, now they’ve shut the excess capacity back down and told the temps to go away. Media event is over. Move along.

“Flatten the curve” is still one of the most embarrassingly stupid moments in our Nation’s history.
It was almost copied and pasted directly from House of Cards’ “Disorganized Labor”.

Status
Not open for further replies.