Coronavirus Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Here in KY idiot Gov Beshear is having a presser at 3pm central time regarding the next phase of whatever you wanna call it... A lot of people think he is getting ready to put us back on lockdown again.

It's happening all over, because the first "lockdown" was too weak and was lifted before the virus was brought under sufficient control. Haste makes waste.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Companies and municipalities are now enacting rules stating what can be on masks. Apparently people have started wearing Nazi masks, masks with genitalia, and all kinds of other stuff. LOL.
i mean, its surprising it took this long for people to start putting stupid **** on masks. and if anyone is surprised by this, then i dunno what rock you live under
If a woman can strip down naked and sit in the street to protest, a bunch of anarchists are permitted to steal and destroy public property, etc then why is it wrong for someone to wear a middle finger face mask? Last I checked Nazi party is on the ballots in some places. Here’s one from 2018. We’re barring people from campaigning?

Those of you familiar with my views know that I believe Walmart is a company and that company ownership should have the right to establish standards of conduct, etc on their property. So yes, I’m all for them prohibiting inflammatory masks but that is not the way Liberal fascists have manipulated our laws currently and the complicit media and stooge RINOs just keep going along with it. You can’t have it both ways and idiotic rulings by SCOTUS etc have done this to us.

Time to establish law & order.

BeachBuzz

Georgia Tech Fan
It's happening all over, because the first "lockdown" was too weak and was lifted before the virus was brought under sufficient control. Haste makes waste.

So what is your endgame? Do we just keep locking down and reopening? Unless the virus is completely eradicated, we will just have surges whenever we open. Do you want to lock down until a vaccine? What is the penalty for people ignoring the lockdown? This thing isn't going away no matter how many times or how much we lock down. Spain is already seeing another surge and I would guess that most of the rest of the countries that "have this under control" will follow.

Deleted member 2897

So what is your endgame? Do we just keep locking down and reopening? Unless the virus is completely eradicated, we will just have surges whenever we open. Do you want to lock down until a vaccine? What is the penalty for people ignoring the lockdown? This thing isn't going away no matter how many times or how much we lock down. Spain is already seeing another surge and I would guess that most of the rest of the countries that "have this under control" will follow.

France and Germany are too. Almost 50 countries hit new record daily case highs last week.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer

I's simple. Lock down until the virus is under control, then open back up again. We locked down sorta, and then as soon as it leveled off we opened back up. Now we're facing another lockdown. As I said, haste makes waste.

BeachBuzz

Georgia Tech Fan
I's simple. Lock down until the virus is under control, then open back up again. We locked down sorta, and then as soon as it leveled off we opened back up. Now we're facing another lockdown. As I said, haste makes waste.
So we lock down for longer and crash the economy again and then we open back up and have another surge. Rinse and repeat. How does that make any sense? You do realize this virus isn't going away just because we close a few businesses and ruin a bunch of lives don't you?

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
Kentucky has a 4.5 percent unemployment rate, I am in that 4.5%. I have been applying for work, but shutting down again will completely KILL our economy and ruin thousands of small businesses. It should be left to the individual to lockdown, shut down their businesses. The government makes terrible decisions routinely and act like children across party lines. Why on Earth would I trust them to do the right thing for my family?

TechPreacher

Banned

It will never be "under control". It's like the common cold and the flu. It's here to stay. Whatever happened to the Western concept of rugged individualism? Life has risks. Manage the risks, but live life. Why are people so willing to be controlled? Feminism and Marxism have won the day. Man, I miss America.

Deleted member 2897

I explained using numbers from our last shutdown how that assertion would result in being locked down years. Then you had a tantrum. So again, we had 30,000 new cases a day the last time. Is that under control, or should we shut down even more than that? Because if that’s under control, that’s 0.0001 of our population every day. That’s years. Of course the other side of that argument is why do that over and over instead of figuring out how to live with the virus (which we know how to do).

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I may be over-simplifying, but overall, it seems to me that folks attitude towards "shutdown" or "stay open" often depends upon whether they (or a loved one) is in the at-risk class of people. Or think they are. I have been surprised by how many of my otherwise bright, articulate, and informed black friends have become frightened by this virus because of all the media attention to the disproportionate impact on POC. These are folks who themselves are not obese, do not suffer for diabetes, and are in good health. But they won't go outdoors even! I guess I don't blame them (I am more confused than I am judging.)

We are all human and if we fear that this virus could screw up OUR lives, we tend to be more cautious and less flexible. If we believe lockdowns will screw up our lives ..again, we tend to be less flexible.

I guess all this is my way of saying ...to each their own, and I suppose we all ought to tru to understand where the other guy is coming from.

Maybe one solution (he said in jest) would be to ship all the scared people to one area of the country and let the unafraid live in another area. The separate them financially, and let one area go into whatever lockdown they want and let the other area do what they want. Oh, that's kinda what we already have, sorta. Never mind.

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
It will never be "under control". It's like the common cold and the flu. It's here to stay. Whatever happened to the Western concept of rugged individualism? Life has risks. Manage the risks, but live life. Why are people so willing to be controlled? Feminism and Marxism have won the day. Man, I miss America.
And dont you dare speak out against the puppetmasters or else...

LibertyTurns

Banned
They need to follow the Florida minus “South FL” model. Not sure if anyone can get the Jackwagons down there in line. They are having coronavirus parties on purpose down there. Idiots.

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
They need to follow the Florida minus “South FL” model. Not sure if anyone can get the Jackwagons down there in line. They are having coronavirus parties on purpose down there. Idiots.
Is Miami and Key West open right now? We are taking our honeymoon there in 2 weeks......................................................................

TechPreacher

Banned

Do you have a job, or do you live off the government? There are people that actually need to work to feed their families. Telling a man that he can't work to support his family is the highest level of evil, immorality, and authoritarian control. Besides, lockdowns do nothing to prevent the spread anyways. This thing is not about public safety; it's about seeing who will comply.

wrmathis

Ramblin' Wreck
If a woman can strip down naked and sit in the street to protest, a bunch of anarchists are permitted to steal and destroy public property, etc then why is it wrong for someone to wear a middle finger face mask? Last I checked Nazi party is on the ballots in some places. Here’s one from 2018. We’re barring people from campaigning?

Those of you familiar with my views know that I believe Walmart is a company and that company ownership should have the right to establish standards of conduct, etc on their property. So yes, I’m all for them prohibiting inflammatory masks but that is not the way Liberal fascists have manipulated our laws currently and the complicit media and stooge RINOs just keep going along with it. You can’t have it both ways and idiotic rulings by SCOTUS etc have done this to us.

Time to establish law & order.
i dont care if anyone puts whatever on their masks. still doesnt make it not stupid

LibertyTurns

Banned
Is Miami and Key West open right now? We are taking our honeymoon there in 2 weeks......................................................................
Here’s the latest status. Many from up here own homes down there so it’s different, but I would not fly into nor stop in Miami, Fr Lauderdale, Palm Beaches- and that’s basically anywhere from Stuart/Jupiter inlet south. The keys closer to Miami are staffed by Miami people. Avoid those. If you’re going to Key West, that’s probably ok. Marathon and Duck Key are probably far enough down. Get past Islamorada.

TechPreacher

Banned
So we lock down for longer and crash the economy again and then we open back up and have another surge. Rinse and repeat. How does that make any sense? You do realize this virus isn't going away just because we close a few businesses and ruin a bunch of lives don't you?

Crashing the economy was the end game from the beginning. It was their only hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.