Coronavirus Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 2897

I just heard on the CBS evening news that all campuses of California State University will remain closed in the Fall

All Universities here in South Carolina have announced they will be open. I don’t blame them, that demographic has a negligible health risk. STDs - now that’s what they should watch for. :D We’re happily sending our daughter off. The number of people her age that have ended up in the hospital is near zero. Many worse things to worry about in that demographic.

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
All Universities here in South Carolina have announced they will be open. I don’t blame them, that demographic has a negligible health risk. STDs - now that’s what they should watch for. :D We’re happily sending our daughter off. The number of people her age that have ended up in the hospital is near zero. Many worse things to worry about in that demographic.

Yeah, I’d say pregnancy and STD’s are more of a risk.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Here's my take on this - Fauci has the experience and credentials to talk and advise as he is doing. I don't and so I'm inclined to look to the experts and listen. I won't try and speak as if I know better than those who are truly experts in the topic at hand.
It is rather humorous in a sad way. Fauci early on was in fact saying that this virus was nothing to worry about and that travel restrictions were not the way to go...as late as late January. He was hated by some folks for saying things like that (which helped inform Trump's early decisions). Then he "got religion" after he realized that the Chinese had snookered all of us with false early data...and he reversed course. Not some on the right find fault with him.

All along, I have argued that experts are there to ADVISE, and politicians are there to weigh the pros and cons and make the judgement calls...which is (incidentally) EXACTLY what Fauci himself believes.

Deleted member 2897

Prove it.

...& be fair by using @bwelbo's definition of "material risk". If you don't know his definition... well, there's a conundrum, isn't there?

Uh oh, someone’s trying to argue with our CDC. Our entire states infection rate is 0.0017. The death rate for anybody under the age of 40 is 0.0000.

LibertyTurns

Banned
I just heard on the CBS evening news that all campuses of California State University will remain closed in the Fall
There’s a difference between the Cal State Universities (CS Bakersfield, CS Chico, Fresno St, CS Fullerton, SDSU, etc) and the California Universities (UC Berkeley, UCLA, UCSD, UC Davis, etc).

Since we are not supposed to inject politics into this thread, I will simply suggest that any of you who might be interested go check out my latest post in the "The Politics of COVID" thread under "Political Topics". Hopefully, the mods won't consider this post here to be political.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Since we are not supposed to inject politics into this thread, I will simply suggest that any of you who might be interested go check out my latest post in the "The Politics of COVID" thread under "Political Topics". Hopefully, the mods won't consider this post here to be political.
I think there’s only 3 of us allowed to post in the politics section any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.