Coronavirus Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 2897

I am a little confused by those tables. Is 312,878 the number of N95 masks that SC has asked for or the number that have been delivered from the national stockpile?

That’s what has been distributed to SC and spread amongst the 46 counties.

Deleted member 2897

In my small town of about 3,000 people a man was walking around town and shopping after testing positive. There is now a police officer parked outside his around the clock house to make sure he doesn't leave.

I read some towns are now putting on GO tracking devices. It’s a shame some people are so self centered and selfish.

Donald Trump Invokes the Defense Production Act Against 3M for Medical Masks
> big thanks to Tucker Carlson for exposing this
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...-production-act-against-3m-for-medical-masks/
Trump called out 3M in his presser today. The 3M president tried to address it today, but the only thing he really said was that they don't price-gouge, and that they are committed to "humanitarian" causes. Well, DUHH, Americans need humanitarian help FIRST. And the jerk is being called out on that too. I think that interview on (GASP!!!) Fox News last night not only told the TRUTH about what was going on, but actually resulted in corrective actions being taken. I am sure the Fox haters won't have any comment on that.

Studdard63

GT Athlete
“The company said it has raised U.S. production of N95 masks from 22 million in January to 35 million in March, with the entire increase being distributed in the United States. 3M said 10 million N95 masks that it produced in China will be shipped to the U.S.

The company has traditionally exported about 6 million masks a month to Canada and Latin America, where 3M is a primary supplier. 3M objected to stopping those exports.”

Didn’t see you mention this information, nor was it mentioned in the Brietbart article you posted. But it wouldn’t be right wing news if they weren’t trying to trigger people. I’ve found that stories from the news media are sort of like performances in sports, it’s never as good as it seems or as bad it seems, it’s usually somewhere in the middle. Should 3M be exporting masks at this time, probably not, but failing to mention their increase in production solely for the US is purposely leaving out relevant information to inflame passions.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2897

“The company said it has raised U.S. production of N95 masks from 22 million in January to 35 million in March, with the entire increase being distributed in the United States. 3M said 10 million N95 masks that it produced in China will be shipped to the U.S.

The company has traditionally exported about 6 million masks a month to Canada and Latin America, where 3M is a primary supplier. 3M objected to stopping those exports.”

Didn’t see you mention this information, nor was it mentioned in the Brietbart article you posted. But it wouldn’t be right wing news if they weren’t trying to trigger people. I’ve found that stories from the news media are sort of like performances in sports, it’s never as good as it seems or as bad it seems, it’s usually somewhere in the middle. Should 3M be exporting masks at this time, probably not, but failing to mention their increase in production solely for the US is purposely leaving out relevant information to inflame passions.

What does this have to do with “right wing news”?

OF COURSE they have shipped masks around the world. It’s their business. But we don’t have enough here - they probably don’t overseas either - but it’s an American headquartered company who has heard pleas from Governors like Cuomo for weeks. I don’t see what this has to do with your complaint if right win anything.

If it were not for this "right wing news" that you mention, the whole affair would never have been revealed. Once again, Fox News comes through, while all the other news sources are simply interested in slamming the President.

GT_EE78

Banned
Should 3M be exporting masks at this time, probably not, but failing to mention their increase in production solely for the US is purposely leaving out relevant information to inflame passions.
Last time i checked Canada and Latin America were still foreign.. it's irrelevant which non-American countries are being shipped to while Americans are dying here. If the 3M CEO objects to putting America first ,then 3M should consider firing him!

Deleted member 2897

Just saw this in the WSJ. Pretty shocking that New York City is actually only barely in the top 10 by some death rate statistics.

p7zURrE.jpg

Techster

Helluva Engineer
WOW. I knew that La. was reeling, but I still would have thought that NYC was worse. This also confirms that Ga. may be the next hot spot. Scary.

There's more in GA than being reported. It's still a testing issue. Quote my friend who works at Emory "Unless you're a celebrity, rich, a politician, or you meet the very stringent requirements the CDC laid out for testing...good luck trying to get tested."

For every one confirmed positive, there's probably 10+ walking around or sick at home not being counted.

There's more in GA than being reported. It's still a testing issue. Quote my friend who works at Emory "Unless you're a celebrity, rich, a politician, or you meet the very stringent requirements the CDC laid out for testing...good luck trying to get tested."

For every one confirmed positive, there's probably 10+ walking around or sick at home not being counted.
That's probably true in many other parts of the country than just in Georgia. SAD !!!

Deleted member 2897

That’s definitely true around the world too. And I just don’t understand why there are pockets like that around. We’ve run over 2 million tests in the US now (85% negative). In my state, they say with Pre-screening, we still haven’t maxed out our ability to test. One hospital near me set up a drive through test in their parking lot a month ago and has run several thousand tests just in that 1 location.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.

Probably more than that. Generally too they won't even bother wasting a test on anyone else in the household when someone yesterday positive either. If you test positive, everyone in your household is assumed positive.

Deleted member 2897

Probably more than that. Generally too they won't even bother wasting a test on anyone else in the household when someone yesterday positive either. If you test positive, everyone in your household is assumed positive.

My cousin in the UK has it. Healthy 36 year old, took 17 days to get through it. She’s on the phone with her doctor a couple times a day to check in. He always tells her “there are no tests.” But honestly, it doesn’t matter. They are treating her as if she has it, so she’s isolated, and would go to the emergency room if her shortness of breath ever got bad enough (it got close, but never enough). That’s why the UKs death rate is so high - there is no point in testing some of these obvious cases anyway...but then they aren’t counted as official either.

Techster

Helluva Engineer

Yup. Another factor, especially in the South now, is many people here may confuse coronavirus symptoms with seasonal allergies. Pollen season is in full effect currently. Really, it's the ones that the virus affects the least that worries me the most because they mistake it for light "sniffles" or allergies and go about life not thinking too much about it.

LibertyTurns

Banned

Not sure where my brother-in-law went but he went to the Doc at 9am on Weds, was sent to be tested & got that before noon and got his result yesterday. He’s just a regular old hourly worker so he probably wasn’t hanging around Emory.

Status
Not open for further replies.