Coronavirus Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Milwaukee

Banned
Fauci saying today that 100-200,000 Americans might die has already ballooned in the media to that many will die. Good job panicking America further, guys!

These guys are ****ing idiots, looking for panic because they’re bored and their role has never garnered an inch of attention until now. Wake up people. You’re not going to die, I promise.

GT_EE78

Banned
If you look at the world map and then select Italy https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

Then on the right you will see the total number of cases. If you click on the logarithmic tab you can see the growth is flattening out. As scary as it seems for them, this is following a normal graph and says they are making a lot of progress. You could probably plot it out into the future and project new cases for the next 2 weeks fairly accurately. The death rate as we all know is going to lag, but continue for quite a while and will get a lot worse. China's death rate number is a complete farce
I'm not sure whether its better to look at log ver linear. generally i prefer raw data to calc as i see fit.Italy looks to be averaging abt 6K new cases/day. that peaked 9 days ago but hasn't declined much(thats the only thing i see that has flattened). deaths and recoveries are running about 1K each daily so they are growing by 4K active cases per day. Since 'm not certain what the various articles are referring to if they don't specify a stat, when i hear "flattening' i assume its "total active cases" . i may not have the correct terminology but would sure like to see active cases declining to believe there's progress. https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/italy/

Deleted member 2897

140,000 cases here now. Definitely have a shot for 300,000 by end of the week. That will make for a good Easter Pay Per View special.

Deleted member 2897

@LibertyTurns - at the press conference today, a company CEO said a typical hospital that would use 20-30,000 masks a week is now using 2-300,000 a week. I asked my wife about PPE, she said a single patient could demand 20-30 sets of PPE today.

On a side note, the CEO was saying this is because of risk of spreading the disease. For some reason Trump took it to mean hospitals are lying and hoarding and said someone should look into that in New York. What an idiot.

LibertyTurns

Banned
@LibertyTurns - at the press conference today, a company CEO said a typical hospital that would use 20-30,000 masks a week is now using 2-300,000 a week. I asked my wife about PPE, she said a single patient could demand 20-30 sets of PPE today.

On a side note, the CEO was saying this is because of risk of spreading the disease. For some reason Trump took it to mean hospitals are lying and hoarding and said someone should look into that in New York. What an idiot.
The math is not making sense. 30k patients at 30 masks/day for an entire week is 6.3M. There are 7k hospitals in the US. The 900 masks per day in additional demand on average.

You take off the elective surgery, the reduction in accidents because people are not on the roads, shooting each other, etc & I’m guessing current demand is exactly what it has been before. These bureaucrats know a crisis & they know how to milk the system. Lots of payola going on. It’s no wonder the big Liberal enclaves are where the whining is most prominent. They can never fend for themselves. They always need someone to bail the out and Uncle Sugar is the first one they hand the cup to.

Deleted member 2897

The math is not making sense. 30k patients at 30 masks/day for an entire week is 6.3M. There are 7k hospitals in the US. The 900 masks per day in additional demand on average.

You take off the elective surgery, the reduction in accidents because people are not on the roads, shooting each other, etc & I’m guessing current demand is exactly what it has been before. These bureaucrats know a crisis & they know how to milk the system. Lots of payola going on. It’s no wonder the big Liberal enclaves are where the whining is most prominent. They can never fend for themselves. They always need someone to bail the out and Uncle Sugar is the first one they hand the cup to.

My wife works in day surgery. She said everyone everywhere is now required to wear PPE. It used to be none in pre/post (masks, etc) unless the person was sick. Their volume is at like 10% of normal, but ICUs are still full from the Flu, labor and deliver is still the same. So I do t know what capacity they’re at but seems 80% of normal or something hospital wide.

LibertyTurns

Banned
My wife works in day surgery. She said everyone everywhere is now required to wear PPE. It used to be none in pre/post (masks, etc) unless the person was sick. Their volume is at like 10% of normal, but ICUs are still full from the Flu, labor and deliver is still the same. So I do t know what capacity they’re at but seems 80% of normal or something hospital wide.
Wouldn’t surprise me if someone said ICUs expanded as well as Emergency Rooms. ER Nurse down the street says they’re bored to tears. States the normal “I got a sniffle or my finger hurts” cases are staying home because they don’t want to get Wuhan virus from someone who’s actually sick. They have whole sections of the hospital shutdown because the normal elective stuff is nonexistent. It’s only ER, ICU, the heart ward, cancer treatment area and those supporting ie X-ray, etc.

Deleted member 2897

My wife works for a huge hospital system. They just sent a company wide email out on compensation. I was like "hey maybe they're adding hazard pay for the nurses and doctors." Nope, a 5% pay cut for everyone. To preserve money for flexibility during this crisis, they're ending the 401k match until further notice. Cutting nurse and doctor pay during a pandemic? Bold move Cotton.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
These guys are ****ing idiots, looking for panic because they’re bored and their role has never garnered an inch of attention until now. Wake up people. You’re not going to die, I promise.
I have no idea how many will die and you don't either.
But tell your promise to the +2400 families that have lost someone I'm sure they would like to hear from you.

LibertyTurns

Banned
My wife works for a huge hospital system. They just sent a company wide email out on compensation. I was like "hey maybe they're adding hazard pay for the nurses and doctors." Nope, a 5% pay cut for everyone. To preserve money for flexibility during this crisis, they're ending the 401k match until further notice. Cutting nurse and doctor pay during a pandemic? Bold move Cotton.
WTF? That’s a kick in the nutsack so to speak.

Milwaukee

Banned
I have no idea how many will die and you don't either.
But tell your promise to the +2400 families that have lost someone I'm sure they would like to hear from you.

I will, along with the 30 thousand families of flu deaths so far this year. Crazy times we’re in, but we’re gonna be fine. #Merica

Major league BS move claiming there’s not ventilators in NYC because you got them stored in a warehouse in Hoboken.

Worse you got NYC hospitals timesharing ventilators because you hoarded them for no good reason.

Dems no longer got Cuomo to save them now.
If they actually think that he can save them, you better believe all this will come out in the campaign, and he will be toast. The only person they can possibly turn to now over Biden is Hillary, and she will lose worse this time than she did last time.

Deleted member 2897

Dr. Birx said this morning if we stay at home, socially distance, wash hands rigorously and often, that a best case scenario is 100,000 - 200,000 deaths. So that’s not a worst case scenario, that’s their most optimistic view right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.