Coronavirus Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 2897

The world is on fire. More and more countries have now broken the 500,000 case mark on a Us-population basis. Switzerland and Iceland at 550,000.

so much of our country is just calm. Went out in the boat today and it was packed like a Fourth of July weekend on the water.

GT_EE78

Banned
I haven't stated that I am a doctor. I also remind you that I have not posted links to what is at all appearances a FAKE website.
I've already explained why your website comments are irrelevant.
Try one of the ones linked at bottom if it less offends your sensibilities.
My point remains the same and has not been refuted in the least. It's really good news that something is helping with this virus.
Many things are in clinical trials now - cQ,hydroxy-cQ,hydroxy-cQ + Z-pack, several anti-virals that were developed for other purposes. I don't care which of them emerges as the preferred treatment, as long as one of them does soon. I won't complain even if a democrat invents the cure!
- Are you sure you're not being a Nattering Nabob of Negativism simply because you happen to be good at it?
https://www.powerlineblog.com/archi...cy-of-hydroxychloroquine-and-azithromycin.php
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...Mqv8Vrl6As0HzpaqJGvloaVZ6HmVZ8ZAwkGEuv1BldZ3A
https://english.alarabiya.net/en/Ne...ffective-in-treating-coronavirus-French-study

Deleted member 2897

Lmao are you able to stop being a panicking idiot for 5 seconds without spamming the Swarm? We’re going to be ok, I promise.

Why don’t you take a vacation to northern Italy or Spain? Why do you have such big balls to quote fake trash in here but you’re not man enough to go on vacation over there? You can share a bed in one of the hospitals via Airbnb I’m sure. Come on, go do it if it’s no big deal Big Man!

I go out on our boat for a leisurely ride today, but I’m a panicking idiot LOLOLOLOL.

LibertyTurns

Banned
I live down here in rural Florida. The City Council has been discussing voting to give DeSantis the finger & open up the restaurants, beaches, etc. Not everywhere is melting down over the Wuhan coronavirus. Wash your hands, sick people stay home, close the borders & put some barricades around NY and we’ll all be fine.

730k have been hospitalized due to the flu. 62k have died.

103k hospitalized for Wuhan and 1.7k have died.

Notice the disparity in the mortality rates anyone?

Deleted member 2897

I live down here in rural Florida. The City Council has been discussing voting to give DeSantis the finger & open up the restaurants, beaches, etc. Not everywhere is melting down over the Wuhan coronavirus. Wash your hands, sick people stay home, close the borders & put some barricades around NY and we’ll all be fine.

730k have been hospitalized due to the flu. 62k have died.

103k hospitalized for Wuhan and 1.7k have died.

Notice the disparity in the mortality rates anyone?

103k have not been hospitalized. That’s false. It’s not even close to that.

If we have 100,000 test positive and have 2,000 die every 2 weeks, we’re in deep **** and not even Milwaukee will be able to keep lying about it.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I've already explained why your website comments are irrelevant.
Try one of the ones linked at bottom if it less offends your sensibilities.

So instead of a fake website, you post links to: two ultra-conservative websites, and one website owned by the Saudi Royal family. It appears that you are looking for information that supports a belief. I could find plenty of links to information that "proves" the Earth is flat, even though we all know it isn't. Like I said before, you have to be careful believing things you find on the internet. Find "proof" that chloroquine is effective on websites of reputable scientific or medical organizations. You won't. You will find that the NIH has a couple of pages that say it is effective. However the context there is that people are stating that it is effective enough to justify conducting clinical trials with it. A far cry from CURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My comments still stand. You are posting from: A troll website, and then when it doesn't stand up, you post to three websites that are more interested in political agendas than science.

I don't give a damn what one politician said or what some news organizations say about what a politician said or what different news organization say about what some news organizations said about what some politician said or ............. I don't care what your political agenda is. I don't care what the opposing political agenda is. I am not attacking the President. I am not attacking Cuomo. I am also not defending either. I don't care about them.

I care about science. Has chloroquine been scientifically or clinically proven to be effective at treating COVID-19? No. Emphatically no. I hope that at least one of the more than sixty drugs that are being investigated work. I hope that at least one of the vaccines that are in testing is effective. However, to this point none of that has happened.

Deleted member 2897

What’s the number then? News says hospitals are being over-run and you’re claiming it’s a small number.

Barely 100,000 have tested positive. Most people show only mild symptoms. Hospitals are overrun because they already run at a high capacity. From what I can tell, it’s less than a third that require hospitalization. Hard to find exact data, but maybe 20%?

LibertyTurns

Banned
Barely 100,000 have tested positive. Most people show only mild symptoms. Hospitals are overrun because they already run at a high capacity. From what I can tell, it’s less than a third that require hospitalization. Hard to find exact data, but maybe 20%?
So we have nearly 7k hospitals & almost 1M hospital beds, yet 30k people sick causes the system to implode?

Deleted member 2897

So we have nearly 7k hospitals & almost 1M hospital beds, yet 30k people sick causes the system to implode?

LOLOLOLOL, you should watch the news.

So here is what I found on New York City. 25,000 cases. 4,700 required hospitalization.
https://www.vox.com/2020/3/27/21197400/new-york-covid-19-hospitals-coronavirus

That’s 18%. And yes - 4,700 additional new hospitalizations of people in serious condition every 2 weeks in 1 city will break their system. But you’re right, Des Moines Iowa is a-okay! So we Gucci.

Hell I saw an online blog and also saw a report on the CBS evening news, where medical personnel in some places are being given ONE mask and told them to re-use it. The system is obviously not equipped for to handle this crisis, and that sucks.

Deleted member 2897

Hell I saw an online blog and also saw a report on the CBS evening news, where medical personnel in some places are being given ONE mask and told them to re-use it. The system is obviously not equipped for to handle this crisis, and that sucks.

My wife is a nurse and was told that. Protocol is to throw away masks and gloves when you leave 1 patient. That way you don’t contaminate other patients and medical staff. It’s totally ridiculous.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
You're a troll

How am I a troll? Because I take time to research websites that I get information from to make sure they are not FAKE websites? Because I don't believe something solely because the Gateway Pundit publishes it? Because I haven't seen scientific evidence that chloroquine is effective at treating COVID-19?

You keep posting information from highly suspect sources. Point me to clinical studies that show that chloroquine is effective, I would be interested. I am not impressed by people without scientific evidence, but political agendas publishing their politically biased view of science.

You said before that I am just being negative. I am simply stating fact. It isn't known at the moment if chloroquine is effective at treating COVID-19. That is a fact. If you can point to scientific proof that it works, then please point me to it. However, I am not interested in political views on scientific matters, liberal or conservative.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer

It also doesn't help that people purchased all of the masks available, when medical professionals need them more than average people. It also doesn't help that some people have purchased masks in bulk and stored them in warehouses to try to gouge the hospitals and public.

Deleted member 2897

How am I a troll? Because I take time to research websites that I get information from to make sure they are not FAKE websites? Because I don't believe something solely because the Gateway Pundit publishes it? Because I haven't seen scientific evidence that chloroquine is effective at treating COVID-19?

You keep posting information from highly suspect sources. Point me to clinical studies that show that chloroquine is effective, I would be interested. I am not impressed by people without scientific evidence, but political agendas publishing their politically biased view of science.

You said before that I am just being negative. I am simply stating fact. It isn't known at the moment if chloroquine is effective at treating COVID-19. That is a fact. If you can point to scientific proof that it works, then please point me to it. However, I am not interested in political views on scientific matters, liberal or conservative.

The world news interviewed a US doctor who has been prescribing it to his patients and had great success. What he did was obviously not done in a way that would prove efficacy and safety. But there is enough anecdotal evidence to warrant trials. This was NBC News. University of Minnesota just got a clinical trial approved by the FDA and is doing a study of 1500 people. We will know in less than 3 months how real this all is. A vaccine and medicines like this is how we get out of this. The world is all but shut down and we’re still setting record highs in cases and deaths every day, everywhere.

LibertyTurns

Banned
LOLOLOLOL, you should watch the news.

So here is what I found on New York City. 25,000 cases. 4,700 required hospitalization.
https://www.vox.com/2020/3/27/21197400/new-york-covid-19-hospitals-coronavirus

That’s 18%. And yes - 4,700 additional new hospitalizations of people in serious condition every 2 weeks in 1 city will break their system. But you’re right, Des Moines Iowa is a-okay! So we Gucci.
So why don’t the people in Des Moines send a few masks to NYC?

Secondly, why do we need millions of masks for 30k people. We have a brigade of medical people handling each patient? Maybe that’s who’s sleeping in the hospital beds?

Deleted member 2897

So why don’t the people in Des Moines send a few masks to NYC?

Secondly, why do we need millions of masks for 30k people. We have a brigade of medical people handling each patient? Maybe that’s who’s sleeping in the hospital beds?

Good question. Because protocol is every time a doctor or nurse leaves a room, they throw away gloves, masks, etc. otherwise they could contaminate other patients and medical professionals. So 1 single nurse could go through dozens of masks, gloves, etc in a single shift.

Status
Not open for further replies.