Coronavirus Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 2897

I know I am old and stupid, but know that is what I heard LOL. The person said those checks would start in June or July and through 2021. The second $1200 would follow the first one in April until May. Thanks for your replies! Also this phase 4 which was signed today might have followed 3 other phases and that is something I can't find. If anyone can dig this up as it is truth or false I heap praise on you or y,all!!

Of all the different things I’ve heard about the bill, getting monthly checks was never one of them. I have always only heard of a 1 time check. But now that they’ve passed the bill, hopefully we’ll be able to verify the most critical items in it, like money for election security, the post office and public broadcasting.

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
Of all the different things I’ve heard about the bill, getting monthly checks was never one of them. I have always only heard of a 1 time check. But now that they’ve passed the bill, hopefully we’ll be able to verify the most critical items in it, like money for election security, the post office and public broadcasting.
And it was one of the gov't people

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Pretty sure this bill was for one check only.

There has been some chatter about the NEXT relief bill that some politicians want to start working on now.

Prior bills (phases 1, 2) did not include checks but were about things like extending unemployment benefits....

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
Pretty sure this bill was for one check only.

There has been some chatter about the NEXT relief bill that some politicians want to start working on now.

Prior bills (phases 1, 2) did not include checks but were about things like extending unemployment benefits....
That's what believe also. However; one of these people are saying there will be more phases this summer , and as I stated the extra checks would start this summer and last through 2021.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
NY Times in a Q&A about the new bill just reported that the relief checks will NOT be taxed.

Do I have to pay income taxes on the amount of my payment?

No.

Deleted member 2897

That's what believe also. However; one of these people are saying there will be more phases this summer , and as I stated the extra checks would start this summer and last through 2021.

I don’t see any way we get back to normal until a vaccine or something similar is out. There will be a phase 4 and likely 5.

My estimate of a $2T deficit a long time ago is obviously very obsolete. We should be close to $4T this year. $2.3T on top of the other, and tax revenue will plummet too. Could be around $5T.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Here is an analysis of where a bunch of Milwaukees from just 1 particular beach from just 1 particular week then spread out across the country after their soiree.

saw this yesterday. Reminded me of the movie Outbreak with Dustin Hoffman

GT_EE78

Banned
> this is really good news ( its not a clinical trial)
French researchers completed new additional study on 80 patients, results show a combination of Hydroxychloroquine and Azithromycin to be effective in treating COVID-19
In 80 in-patients receiving a combination of hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin, the team found a clinical improvement in all but one 86 year-old patient who died, and one 74-year old patient still in intensive care unit. The team also found that, by administering hydroxychloroquine combined with azithromycin, they were able to observe an improvement in all cases, except in one patient who arrived with an advanced form, who was over the age of 86, and in whom the evolution was irreversible, according to a new paper published today in IHU Méditerranée Infection.
https://techstartups.com/2020/03/27...eated-80-coronavirus-patients-significant-dr/
link to new published paper:
https://www.mediterranee-infection.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/COVID-IHU-2-1.pdf

slugboy

Staff member
French researchers completed new additional study on 80 patients, results show a combination of Hydroxychloroquine and Azithromycin to be effective in treating COVID-19
In 80 in-patients receiving a combination of hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin, the team found a clinical improvement in all but one 86 year-old patient who died, and one 74-year old patient still in intensive care unit. The team also found that, by administering hydroxychloroquine combined with azithromycin, they were able to observe an improvement in all cases, except in one patient who arrived with an advanced form, who was over the age of 86, and in whom the evolution was irreversible, according to a new paper published today in IHU Méditerranée Infection.
https://techstartups.com/2020/03/27...eated-80-coronavirus-patients-significant-dr/
https://www.mediterranee-infection.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/COVID-IHU-2-1.pdf

People with Lupus need hydroxychlorquinine as an ongoing treatment, and some can’t get their prescriptions because of the hype on the French study. If it’s the study I’m thinking it is, it’s a small study, with design problems, and there are questions around the lack of peer review. Right now, it doesn’t have a lot of doctors backing it—it’s more internet hype than anything.

Doctors are studying it, but it’s way too early to say much about it.

https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/20...med-virus-outbreak-malaria-drug-evidence.html

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/28/coronavirus-cure-fact-check-hydroxychloroquine-trump

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer

Look at the other articles on that website: "Doctor Vladimir Zelenko: I treated 350 coronavirus patients with 100% success using Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate", "Actor Daniel Dae Kim says anti-malaria drug touted by President Trump saved his life", etc. I don't know anything about the website, but it appears to have a lot of click-bait type headlines and all of the articles are written by "TechStartups Team" instead of listing authors. It isn't normal to hide who the authors are. As a matter of fact, they don't even list ANY names of people who own, manage, edit, or write on the website. That is a very large signal that a site is not trustworthy.

Then look at the data shown in the supposedly successful study. If it is true and accurate, they treated 80 people for 14 days. In 14 days: 12 recovered, 1 is still in intensive care, and 1 died. That is a mortality rate of 1.25%, and could be 2.5% if the other person in ICU does not recover. If there were a control group of 80 people observed during the same study, the results probably would not have been very different. If this was an actual test, and these are the actual results, it probably isn't much different than without medication. Also, it still is not a randomized study to determine if the drugs actually do work. If this is indeed another study by Raoult, you would think that he would actually start acting scientifically.

GT_EE78

Banned
People with Lupus need hydroxychlorquinine as an ongoing treatment, and some can’t get their prescriptions because of the hype on the French study. If it’s the study I’m thinking it is, it’s a small study,
no it's not ( that one was Mar 19 since you obviously didn't read the article which discussed that - The first preliminary trial involved a total of 36 COVID-19 patients. However, U.S. health agencies like FDA and CDA, are still very cautious about the effectiveness and safety of the two drugs due to small trial size and lack of sufficient data.).
This one released yesterday and is much larger(80 patients) .
I did point out that it's not a clinical trial and we know already that "the experts" will accept nothing less that a clinical trial (for good reason) before recommending a treatment. Several clinical trials are supposedly ongoing so this is still really good news as lends support and optimism regarding the hoped for results of those ongoing clinical trials.

GT_EE78

Banned
I don't know anything about the website,

Then look at the data shown in the supposedly successful study. If it is true and accurate, they treated 80 people for 14 days. In 14 days: 12 recovered, 1 is still in intensive care, and 1 died. That is a mortality rate of 1.25%, and could be 2.5% if the other person in ICU does not recover. If there were a control group of 80 people observed during the same study, the results probably would not have been very different. If this was an actual test, and these are the actual results, it probably isn't much different than without medication. Also, it still is not a randomized study to determine if the drugs actually do work. If this is indeed another study by Raoult, you would think that he would actually start acting scientifically.
Didier Raoult is a French physician and microbiologist. He holds M.D. and Ph.D. degrees and specializes in infectious diseases. I'm sure the renowned Dr Raoult is going to jump right on this due to your analysis Dr Ronjohn.
. . I never heard of the website either but the story ran on Ingraham angle and OAN last night which was why i was looking for the story this morning.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Didier Raoult is a French physician and microbiologist. He holds M.D. and Ph.D. degrees and specializes in infectious diseases. I'm sure the renowned Dr Raoult is going to jump right on this due to your analysis Dr Ronjohn.
. . I never heard of the website either but the story ran on Ingraham angle and OAN last night which was why i was looking for the story this morning.

I'll remind you that I am not the one who posted and quoted an article from a website that from all appearances is a spin site, not a news or information site. The headline that you bolded is not a quote from Dr. Rauolt, it is an interpretation by someone who won't even attach their name to the article. Be careful about separating facts from spin. The website that you linked to is 100% spin. The article you lined to included "facts" that 100% were cured by these medicines, except they left out the part that the mortality rate on these medicines is higher than in the rest of the world. All of the experts say it is too early to say that chloroquine has a definite impact. It might, but very loosely interpreted papers (like the Google Doc written by someone who fraudulently claimed to be working with Stanford School of Medicine) and loosely interpreted so-called news articles like the spin website that you posted to do not promote actual scientific information. They try to get people excited about something that might work.

I am not refuting Dr Raoult. I am refuting a spin story using misleading parts and pieces of research. That website seems to be trying to intentionally mislead people. In an election year, I wonder what group would intentionally try to create discord in the United States? Since the website will not even tell you who owns, operates, or writes for the website, why do you throw so much trust into their analysis of Dr Raoult's study?

Status
Not open for further replies.