Coronavirus Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good question. Because protocol is every time a doctor or nurse leaves a room, they throw away gloves, masks, etc. otherwise they could contaminate other patients and medical professionals. So 1 single nurse could go through dozens of masks, gloves, etc in a single shift.
I saw one report where the medical professional interviewed showed a paper sack which had been given to him containing one (ONE) mask. Incredible.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
You're a troll

Actually he is not. Nothing he has stated is incorrect. Everything he has stated has a very sound reasoning behind it. I think we all desperately want something to work. But false information can cause more damage than the virus. Look at all the people that are dying in Iran from drinking rubbing alcohol because of some fake french article.

I take solace in knowing that someone will come up with something in the next 2 months that shows significant promise for treatment of the infected that can also scale quickly.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Good question. Because protocol is every time a doctor or nurse leaves a room, they throw away gloves, masks, etc. otherwise they could contaminate other patients and medical professionals. So 1 single nurse could go through dozens of masks, gloves, etc in a single shift.

Dr Fauci did a round of interviews on Youtube a few days ago. Here is a link to the point in an interview where he discusses this:

GT_EE78

Banned
How am I a troll? Because I take time to research websites that I get information from to make sure they are not FAKE websites? Because I don't believe something solely because the Gateway Pundit publishes it? Because I haven't seen scientific evidence that chloroquine is effective at treating COVID-19?

You keep posting information from highly suspect sources. Point me to clinical studies that show that chloroquine is effective, I would be interested. I am not impressed by people without scientific evidence, but political agendas publishing their politically biased view of science.

You said before that I am just being negative. I am simply stating fact. It isn't known at the moment if chloroquine is effective at treating COVID-19. That is a fact. If you can point to scientific proof that it works, then please point me to it. However, I am not interested in political views on scientific matters, liberal or conservative.
If its right-wing conspiracy theory as you suggest , then why did the FDA approve a clinical trial?
https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/b...or-clinical-trials-in-the-us-5082031.html/amp

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
Actually he is not. Nothing he has stated is incorrect. Everything he has stated has a very sound reasoning behind it. I think we all desperately want something to work. But false information can cause more damage than the virus. Look at all the people that are dying in Iran from drinking rubbing alcohol because of some fake french article.

I take solace in knowing that someone will come up with something in the next 2 months that shows significant promise for treatment of the infected that can also scale quickly.

Quoting my post because I ran out of time to edit it. He is also not saying that it does not have promise. All he is saying is what little has been done so far and published is not enough information to make a decision on yet. It may indeed save the world. But we just don't have enough information yet.

ie he is just being a realist

GT_EE78

Banned
Quoting my post because I ran out of time to edit it. He is also not saying that it does not have promise. All he is saying is what little has been done so far and published is not enough information to make a decision on yet. It may indeed save the world. But we just don't have enough information yet.

ie he is just being a realist
Which i readily acknowledged in my first post by noting that it was not a clinical trial. this guy just won't stop yapping because he loves to argue.

Is there any way to post a video on here that does not have a URL? I received a video file (actually, no video per se, only audio) from a friend in FB that I think is interesting and that some of you might like to hear. But if I try to upload it here, it tells me that it is too large. Is there a way to post or attach it?

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
If its right-wing conspiracy theory as you suggest , then why did the FDA approve a clinical trial?
https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/b...or-clinical-trials-in-the-us-5082031.html/amp

When did I say that the possibility that it would work is a right wing conspiracy? I did state that the NIH website has a couple of proposals for clinical trial that say it is effective enough to warrant a clinical trial. What I originally responded to was a post by you that had a headline that said "effective in treating COVID-19". Starting a clinical trial is appropriate. Starting a clinical trial does not mean "effective in treating COVID-19". It means that they are going to study to find out if it is effective or not.

What I have said is that your links that it is "effective in treating COVID-19", are from a fake website, two ultra-conservative websites, and a website owned by the Saudi royal family. You were getting information from sources who are more concerned with politics than science. When the results of the clinical trials are published, then we will have better scientific and medical information as to whether chloroquine is effective or not. I am not going to "believe" it is effective or not effective. I am going to look at data from clinical trials to determine if factually it is or not.

GT_EE78

Banned
I posted some good news about fighting this virus and you've been bashing me since 11:58 this morning. I think your wife owes me a steak dinner and case of Corona for all the crap that she didn't have to listen to today!

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I posted some good news about fighting this virus and you've been bashing me since 11:58 this morning. I think your wife owes me a steak dinner and case of Corona for all the crap that she didn't have to listen to today!

If the clinical trials show that it is effective, that will be good news.

LibertyTurns

Banned
So there’s approx 30k patients all in the hospital out of your 100k. Out of the 7k hospitals in the US, they all have an extra 4.5 heads admitted. 5 people visit the patient every hour, 24 hrs a day, so they need an extra 120 masks per day per patient or an extra 500 masks per day per hospital.

Now, all elective surgeries are being postponed. That’s boob jobs, tummy tucks, knee surgery, etc all being deferred. I’d think out of 1M US hospital beds more than 3% or 30k was filled up with elective surgeries. Then we got less vehicles on the road which must mean less people in emergency rooms. Schools are out so kids are not having accidents at school. Lastly, with shelter in place orders in NYC, LA, Miami, etc there has to be less shootings, assaults, etc on their streets.

How with all this are we completely over-run? Based on this Kentucky windage math here, I think some of these hospitals need some to do some ‘splainin’. Something is not adding up.

Deleted member 2897

So there’s approx 30k patients all in the hospital out of your 100k. Out of the 7k hospitals in the US, they all have an extra 4.5 heads admitted. 5 people visit the patient every hour, 24 hrs a day, so they need an extra 120 masks per day per patient or an extra 500 masks per day per hospital.

Now, all elective surgeries are being postponed. That’s boob jobs, tummy tucks, knee surgery, etc all being deferred. I’d think out of 1M US hospital beds more than 3% or 30k was filled up with elective surgeries. Then we got less vehicles on the road which must mean less people in emergency rooms. Schools are out so kids are not having accidents at school. Lastly, with shelter in place orders in NYC, LA, Miami, etc there has to be less shootings, assaults, etc on their streets.

How with all this are we completely over-run? Based on this Kentucky windage math here, I think some of these hospitals need some to do some ‘splainin’. Something is not adding up.

That’s not how it works. There are highly concentrated hot spots.

LibertyTurns

Banned
That’s not how it works. There are highly concentrated hot spots.
Well maybe all those thousands of unaffected hospitals can help out the couple dozen that are imploding? I mean based on the numbers wtf exactly is the problem if it’s not politicians and medical bureaucrats posturing for free money? This one seems easy to solve. Hey Bob, your hospital doesn’t have any Wuhan coronavirus cases. Can you spare me a couple dozen boxes of masks there bub?

Oops, I posted the "editable" link, instead of the public link. Here is the link if you would like to listen to what I have ---

The jist of the audio is that we should NOT take Advil and certain other over the counter drugs.

Last edited:

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Well maybe all those thousands of unaffected hospitals can help out the couple dozen that are imploding? I mean based on the numbers wtf exactly is the problem if it’s not politicians and medical bureaucrats posturing for free money? This one seems easy to solve. Hey Bob, your hospital doesn’t have any Wuhan coronavirus cases. Can you spare me a couple dozen boxes of masks there bub?
Actually, that’s exactly what Cuomo in NY was asking hospitals to start doing...in his press update today

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I am very curious to hear others’ views on this question....what will be a “win” in the fight against Covid-19?

if 10,000 Americans die is that a win? 20,000? What’s your take?

I guess some, if not many, of you will not even bother to watch this video because it was on Fox News, but the NY doctor who appears has some extremely vital information. It's not necessarily new information, but he spells it all out better than anyone I have seen to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.