Conference Realignment

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Is Rutgers or Northwestern going to be the mutts permanent cross conference rival?
You realize we played Northwestern more than any team in the ACC-Big 10 challenge followed by playing Penn State second most! The first 6 or so years we played some of the better teams in the Big 10. Then we sucked and played the dregs of the Big 10!

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
You realize we played Northwestern more than any team in the ACC-Big 10 challenge followed by playing Penn State second most! The first 6 or so years we played some of the better teams in the Big 10. Then we sucked and played the dregs of the Big 10!
I'm talking about football, not basketball. And so is the OP and the linked article.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Looks like just another step in that direction taking place next week.

B#-$ec

I've said for years that the SEC and B1G were working on something we haven't even thought of yet. As the years go by, we're seeing more and more of "the plan" come out. There's a reason why the B1G wants a team in every state with an NFL team (AKA, every major market). The SEC is vacuuming giant blue blood programs. There's a larger plan at play for those two conferences.

Remember when the B1G and SEC vocalized that they wanted more influence on NCAA matters (LOL!), and more say on how the playoffs were set up? I got a lot of blowback because some on here were being way too altruistic about the balance of the college operating ecosystem that's gone on for decades. Well, here we are, The SEC and B1G are telegraphing their intentions now.

In the end, GT will be fine. I've always believed that GT was positioned to join the B1G. We represent too much towards the B1G's athletic ambitions, along with their academic principles.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I've said for years that the SEC and B1G were working on something we haven't even thought of yet. As the years go by, we're seeing more and more of "the plan" come out. There's a reason why the B1G wants a team in every state with an NFL team (AKA, every major market). The SEC is vacuuming giant blue blood programs. There's a larger plan at play for those two conferences.

Remember when the B1G and SEC vocalized that they wanted more influence on NCAA matters (LOL!), and more say on how the playoffs were set up? I got a lot of blowback because some on here were being way too altruistic about the balance of the college operating ecosystem that's gone on for decades. Well, here we are, The SEC and B1G are telegraphing their intentions now.

In the end, GT will be fine. I've always believed that GT was positioned to join the B1G. We represent too much towards the B1G's athletic ambitions, along with their academic principles.
I hope that at the second BDS at night game in 2024 we show progression towards being total winning team on the field.
Play well after and we could have a night homecoming game agsinst miami.

Its time to show.