Coming soon to GT: Corporate sponsorships and new names for football field and basketball gym

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Call it the "insert name here" Georgia Tech Football Complex. Could keep BDS and Grant field as part of the football complex. I would prefer to not do it but really helps reduce the debt.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Just read the article. Naming rights for the field only. Would remain BDS according to the ajc article.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
How many 4-star players can the deal fund with NIL money?

This guy gets it.

It's like when GT fans b!tch that they're glad they don't see GT gear littering Walmart aisles like UGA gear because they don't want GT associated with low cost merchandise at Walmart. Well, that attitude literally costs GT money. If you don't have money, you don't compete in college sports. Don't cut your nose off to spite your face.

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
I sent the following email to Batt today:

Dear Mr. Batt,

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep the names Bobby Dodd Stadium and Grant Field intact, those titles are ingrained in Tech culture. If you were to add a sponsor to it, it should go something like this.

Bobby Dodd Stadium at Historic [Sponsor]-Grant Field

By adding a hyphen, you keep the legacy of the Grant name which goes back to 1913 while being able to put a sponsor onto the title as well.

Please don’t do anything crazy, Tech has a rich history and the stadium names play a big role in that.

Sincerely,
Daniel Hord

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I sent the following email to Batt today:

Dear Mr. Batt,

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep the names Bobby Dodd Stadium and Grant Field intact, those titles are ingrained in Tech culture. If you were to add a sponsor to it, it should go something like this.

Bobby Dodd Stadium at Historic [Sponsor]-Grant Field

By adding a hyphen, you keep the legacy of the Grant name which goes back to 1913 while being able to put a sponsor onto the title as well.

Please don’t do anything crazy, Tech has a rich history and the stadium names play a big role in that.

Sincerely,
Daniel Hord
I'd change Historic [Sponsor]-Grant Field to
... [Sponsor] / Historic Grant Field, or the ilk. Do not put Historic before the sponsor name. JMO.

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
EFE4EAE3-B102-4D49-A2F5-AB04924FD682.png

I made this concept logo for the stadium if we were to change the name. I did move Grant to before the hyphen. Y’all like it?