Coming soon to GT: Corporate sponsorships and new names for football field and basketball gym

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
The GTAA needs a lot more money. So I wouldn’t bee surprised to see major sponsorship deals for the naming rights to GT’s football field and basketball gymnasium — especially when the new AD comes on board.

How about:

Home Depot Stadium at Bobby Dodd-Grant Field

or:

(Insert corporate name here) Stadium at Bobby Dodd-Grant Field.

and:

UPS Coliseum at McCamish Pavilion

Etc. ditto.

Perhaps the GT baseball field, too?

NCR Field at MacNeese Baseball Park at Russ Chandler Stadium

In short, it’s going to happen, folks. The GTAA needs to procure more money through additional — and nontraditional — revenue streams.

The new AD will move toward it.

Last edited:

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
The GTAA needs a lot more money. So I wouldn’t bee surprised to see major sponsorship deals for the naming rights to GT’s football field and basketball gymnasium — especially when the new AD comes on board.

How about:

or:

and:

Etc. ditto.

In short, it’s going to happen, folks. The GTAA needs to procure more money through additional — and nontraditional — revenue streams.

We already had MacDonald's as a named sponsor at McCamish, haven't we?

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer

How about:

or:

and:

Etc. ditto.

I think Bobby Dodd Stadium at Grant-*insert sponsor* Field works better. Sounds less cringe and you don't move Dodd's name from the "Stadium" part

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
It will be in virtually every college athletic program moving forward. All schools (at least in Division 1) are searching for ways to make money. That is even more for schools not in the Big Ten and SEC first and remaining Power Five second. For schools in Group of 5, there bounce from TV revenue is dwarfed by all of the Power Five Schools. For example, AAC which is likely the largest payout of the Group of Five gave 88MM to 12 schools (varying amounts per school). Hopefully being in a big city with multiple Fortune 500 companies could pay benefits.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I’m fine with it if it produces better results for our students and teams.

The brand gets their name out there.

The school gets money.

Fans get (hopefully) a better athletic department with more winning programs to support.

Win-win-win. The name wouldn’t affect that first breathtaking gasp at the sight of the downtown skyline over the field as you weave up the ramp to the 200s west.

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
You’re mixing your metaphors but, seriously, there ARE other choices. We don’t have to go down this road with our venerable traditions.
we already changed the name of the Tech Terrace to the Lexus Deck, the club level at McCamish is now called the Lexus Club. Maybe we could do that with other club areas? The club lounge on the east side could be the "Coca-Cola Club"

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
I absolutely hate the idea of slapping a corporation's name over BDS@HGF. BDS@HGF presented by "X" is the ONLY acceptable option like @HurricaneJacket said, with the X preferably being Coke or Home Depot. There is enough corporate branding and advertisement in the stadium already, I do not want to add to it and have the whole gameday experience become an attempt to sell me any product other than a good football team.

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
it also bugs me that coke is at the top of our scoreboard.
1665071824105.png

Like now it's obvious but up until like 08 or 09 the coke sign was a lot more reasonable.