Coming soon to GT: Corporate sponsorships and new names for football field and basketball gym

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
When I started school, it was Grant Field or The Flats. Bobby Dodd Stadium was weird for a while, but there was a push to maintain using it. It will probably still be called mostly Bobby Dodd Stadium. I doubt i will be called Hyundai Field by itself. People still call it the Sears Tower here in Chicago even though it's the Willis Tower and Willis pushed hard to change the name.

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck
As many are stating Kia and Hyundai have drastically improved in the last 10+ years. The resell values overall is now one of the better ones compared to other manufacturers. Plus as many states they stand by their products with some of the best standard warranty packages usually 10 years "bumper to bumper". In fact we just bought a Santa Fe and the dealership we purchased through actually includes a lifetime "bumper to bumper", 10 years on electronics, and a 3 year maintenance package on all new vehicles.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
As many are stating Kia and Hyundai have drastically improved in the last 10+ years. The resell values overall is now one of the better ones compared to other manufacturers. Plus as many states they stand by their products with some of the best standard warranty packages usually 10 years "bumper to bumper". In fact we just bought a Santa Fe and the dealership we purchased through actually includes a lifetime "bumper to bumper", 10 years on electronics, and a 3 year maintenance package on all new vehicles.
Hmmmmm. Sorta looks like they expect things to go wrong, nicht wahr? .

But back to "Hyundai Field". It isn't and it never will be no matter how much money the car dudes contribute. It'll always be Grant Field to any loyal Yellow Jacket. I think we ought to make that plain to the administration and to the announcers at the games. If I hear "Welcome to Hyundai Field", I will stand up and shout "Grant Field" at the top of my very considerable lungs. Screw the money.

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Hmmmmm. Sorta looks like they expect things to go wrong, nicht wahr? .

But back to "Hyundai Field". It isn't and it never will be no matter how much money the car dudes contribute. It'll always be Grant Field to any loyal Yellow Jacket. I think we ought to make that plain to the administration and to the announcers at the games. If I hear "Welcome to Hyundai Field", I will stand up and shout "Grant Field" at the top of my very considerable lungs. Screw the money.

I would expect nothing less from some of our fans.

Related: This is exactly the sort of logic that led to us turning down an offer from the Big 10 a few years back.

(While I don't like the name change, I also recognize the reality we're in. We have to figure out a way to make up our revenue deficit somehow, especially with all the debt we have hanging over our heads. I don't like it, but I certainly recognize that I'd rather have football at Hyundai field over no football program at all.)

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I don't like it, but I certainly recognize that I'd rather have football at Hyundai field over no football program at all.)
I'm a bit divided on that.

And, btw, I'm really glad Tech turned the Big(Whatever It Is Now) when they came to us. I have absolutely no wish to be at the bottom of that bunch with Rutgers and Indiana. I like the pond we're in. Of course, things could change …