Collins on Packer & Durham

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
People create the most stupid narratives.
I'm not "creating a narrative". I'm simply stating that Long doesn't seem like someone Collins would hire. Why would the guy who wants to make everything fun hire a hard ***?
If someone has information to the contrary, let's see it. All I've seen is one little comment that "it's been said" Collins wanted to hire him. Lots of things have "been said". Means nothing.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I'm not "creating a narrative". I'm simply stating that Long doesn't seem like someone Collins would hire. Why would the guy who wants to make everything fun hire a hard ***?
If someone has information to the contrary, let's see it. All I've seen is one little comment that "it's been said" Collins wanted to hire him. Lots of things have "been said". Means nothing.

One possible and plausible theory...some people can learn what their strengths and weaknesses are. If Collins doesn't like being the heavy hand maybe he has figured out that he needs that on his staff.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
One possible and plausible theory...some people can learn what their strengths and weaknesses are. If Collins doesn't like being the heavy hand maybe he has figured out that he needs that on his staff.
Maybe. More likely his boss told him he needed that on his staff. But that's a "stupid" narrative.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
I doubt those hires were his idea, or that he had much if any input into them. Collins and Long seem like oil and water to me.
Hope you’re wrong on that. If his assistants were hired without his input, we’re just prolonging the inevitable. Have to believe we would at least TRY to put together a cohesive staff.... :unsure: