Collins on Packer and Durham this morning...

GoldZ

Ramblin' Wreck
If we go 6-6 for the next 4 years, and each year we recruit in the top 25, I wouldn't be shocked if CGC gets his initial 7 years. I don't think some of you realize how long it's been since we recruited consistently in the top tier of the nation. Us message board heroes might not be happy, but our donors have proven to be more patient.

Caveat: CGC will have to beat uga once or twice for this scenario to hold true.[/QUOTE

The expectation is not to simply get into the top 25 in recruiting, but win some damn games. If CGC goes top 25 that many years and is still at 6-6, T-Stan will make a move--bank on it.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
The expectation is not to simply get into the top 25 in recruiting, but win some damn games. If CGC goes top 25 that many years and is still at 6-6, T-Stan will make a move--bank on it.

Again, TStan can't do a thing without the donors, as the buyout and finances wouldn't allow a change. If we're 6-6 in each of the next 4 years but finish in the top 25 in recruiting, TStan, and the donors, will give him a little more rope to hang himself with. Unless the donors get a pitchfork party together and bring bundles of cash, CGC is here for the next 4-5 years minimum.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Again, TStan can't do a thing without the donors, as the buyout and finances wouldn't allow a change. If we're 6-6 in each of the next 4 years but finish in the top 25 in recruiting, TStan, and the donors, will give him a little more rope to hang himself with. Unless the donors get a pitchfork party together and bring bundles of cash, CGC is here for the next 4-5 years minimum.
In 2 years get your check books ready to increase the pay for the assistant coaches. If this staff can recruit and coach up , we will need a $. If they can only recruit , we will need $.

I am saving my pennies.
imo, we should pay top $.

Ps . We may need some $ for bb as well.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
The show was a good look for @CoachCollins and GT. I can’t imagine a friendlier interview than Wes, but he definitely used the platform to promote GT, fire a few darts towards Athens and talk positively about the changes coming (messaging is key during transformations in business and in life).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
Some folks on here don't like that because they want to hear what he's thinking strategically. I sympathize, because I would love to hear more too. But ultimately, as fans, we're not owed an explanation of X's and O's from the coach. Just have to accept it and be grateful for whatever nuggets we do occasionally get.

I dunno, I suppose we could argue semantics of "owed", but from my perspective we *are* owed explanations of X's and O's. Did Darrell Bevell and Pete Carroll owe Seattle fans an explanation as to why they blew a Super Bowl trying to throw a slant from the 1-yard line on the last play of the game when they had BeastMode?

He doesn't have to do it, of course, but it sure is appreciated.

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
Like i said before, CGC could tell the fan base exact the play call and 95% of the fan base wouldn’t have a clue of what he is talking about.

He could simplify and say, "We tried to run a pick play to free up Brown for the easy TD but they disguised their Cover 2 with a Man Press look, that's why it didn't work."

Then only 90% of us wouldn't know what he was talking about. :D

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Culture matters.
20200127_235535.jpg

GoldZ

Ramblin' Wreck
They have before and imo would again. Actually, the recruiting success could work against him at that point. Let's all just hope it doesn't come to that. We should know come mid-Oct 2021.
I believe the transfers from guys originally from Georgia is a really good sign, but at some point, you gotta post da Ws.

Novajacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I dunno, I suppose we could argue semantics of "owed", but from my perspective we *are* owed explanations of X's and O's. Did Darrell Bevell and Pete Carroll owe Seattle fans an explanation as to why they blew a Super Bowl trying to throw a slant from the 1-yard line on the last play of the game when they had BeastMode?

He doesn't have to do it, of course, but it sure is appreciated.
That is not the same as doing an off-season interview. CGC was strictly there to promote GT, not to talk about specific strategies, games or players.

BeeStorm

Banned
He could simplify and say, "We tried to run a pick play to free up Brown for the easy TD but they disguised their Cover 2 with a Man Press look, that's why it didn't work."

Then only 90% of us wouldn't know what he was talking about. :D

"Then why didn't you *undisguise* the defense by sending a man in yoyo motion"

Can't please em all